Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 Build 1809 - File Explorer Right-Click-Menu Problem

I've been everywhere. Feedback Hub, Reddit, Microsoft Accessibility/Support-based accounts on Twitter, Disabled Help Desk. Can we please give this problem some real-world attention by someone who can actually help?

As of Windows 10 Build 1809 - The registry fix of setting "ImmersiveContextMenu" to "0", located at "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures", no longer has any effect in disabling the new 'immersive context menu'.

Windows shell has the new style, including desktop, file explorer and open dialog boxes in all applications. Why is this a problem? Why was I previously using a registry tweak to remove the new immersive context menu? Just look at it!…

41 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Accessibility Features for Publisher

I am working in Publisher 2010 (Part of MS Office Professional Plus 2010) and I am looking for resources on creating accessible content. I noticed that there is no accessibility checker. Also, even when I used defined parts like "Headings" and then export to a PDF, those tags are not preserved. I was considering upgrading to the new publisher but I don't see any signs that that has those features either. I am very well versed in using the accessibility features and creating accessible content from Word and PPT, so I was expecting the same functionality in Publisher.

It seems…

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add hotkeys in Skype 8 and newer Add hotkeys in Skype 8 and newer

Since Microsoft will prevent Skype 7 from accessing the Skype network after the 1st of September 2018, they need to enhance Skype 8's functionality to get at least some of Skype 7's functionality to it. One of those missing and crucial for the visually impaired users functions are the global hotkeys for answering and rejecting a call, and similar ones. |They should be restored to Skype 8 as they are in Skype 7. Otherwise, answering or rejecting a call for visually impaired keyboard users is practically a nightmare at the moment. Since Microsoft will prevent Skype 7 from accessing the…

21 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • I'm an ATP working with people with complex physical access needs. Can we please have Switch Access to Windows added to Ease of Access?!

While we all love Eye Control and the potential for unlocking people's Access to their computers, Switch and Scan is still a very common method for many users with significant physical disabilities for whom eye gaze technology is not suitable . It's also present and well executed in MacOSX , iOS, and recent Android builds - please add integrated Switch Access to the Ease of Access Center !

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Narrator in browsers

Hey, I'm using Windows narrator and the Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browser. So when I start the browser and navigate to the address bar or the search bar or anywhere and want to type anything it says "unavailable" every time I want to type a character, so I can't type anything. Why's that and what can I do against this?

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Disability is normal part of human diversity

First, kudos to you on making technologies accessible to all. Learning Tools are awsome. Please keep working on making all tecnologies fully accessible to people with different types of disabilities. You are doing a great job, but you can always do better 😊.

Here are some suggestions related to your post Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia: Helping students with dyslexia with technology. In this post  there is a confusing reference to the definition of dyslexia. "These students whose language based learning difference causes a deficiency with phonological processing when learning to read, are often mistakenly labeled as having a learning…

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Add Dwell Clicking as an Ease of Access feature

Some people (like me) can't use Eye Control for various reasons. We type with trackballs or joysticks. So my question is: If you could offer Dwell Clicking for your Eye Control, **why on Earth** wouldn't you offer it as a global Ease of Access option? It seems like your physical accessibility options, like the Onscreen Keyboard etc., are being really neglected. There is a lot of need for improvement in this area and nothing seems to happen.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Difficulty reading the “non-robot” letters or numbers

If someone can’t read the automated log on assist, ie those letters and numbers u need to retype to show u are not a robot, a human should come on to help u after 3-5 missed tries. I could not read the automated symbols and finally had to call the disability line to get assistance as I could not find any other # to call

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Well i have recently been banned from messaging and speaking for a week and it was for no reason

please Unban my account from speaking and messaging because i didnt do anything wrong

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Is there a way to connect my hearing aids to my Xbox one?

Can you make an adapter to work with my Xbox one controller/device and my Bluetooth capable hearings aids? A 1.5mm to Bluetooth transmitter in the headphone jack would work, no?

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make Immersive Reader in Office Lens for Android available in Spanish

Office Lens is available in several languages but in the Android version is not possible to change the Immersive Reader voice to Spanish

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • disability % option on your personal LinkedIn profile.

easy way to find disability people for companies that need to hire disability people if we create a new opton in our particular LinkedIn profile where your can place if you have desability and in wich %.

Thanks

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• bug with Outlook 2016 and Magnifier in Windows 10

Using Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 in High Contrast #1 with Magnifier docked to the top of the screen, NOT using Reading Pane in Outlook, when I open an email and get a new window, this new window will not consistently maximize to be located at the top of the screen just below the Magnifier window. It appears down the screen in some random location. If I click the Maximize button, it does not properly maximize, but instead goes to some somewhat random position and size. This has been happening for months now. I have reported it to Microsoft Accessibility…

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Windows On-Screen-Keyboard right click types capital characters

More often than not I'm using the Windows OSK over any third party virtual keyboard for accessibility. It is very robust and does not crash. I'd like to suggest that a rightclick on any of the OSK character keys should type a capital character. Same goes with numbers. So a rightclick on eg. a `3` would type ’§'. I believe that could introduce tremendous improvement for users with disabilities.

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Windows On-Screen-Keyboard scrolling wheel

There are lots of apps and games that make use of a scrolling wheel on a mouse. There is not one accessibility tool that gives users with disabilities a way to take control of that. Many users with severe physical disabilities are unable to use a hardware mouse or a scrolling wheel I'm petitioning for an option inside the Windows On-Screen-Keyboard that allows to have two additional buttons for wheel up or wheel down. The options would need further control about the number of lines per click. Maybe even ticks or notches per click.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• fix TYPOS ..first sentence .. 2010site https://support.office.com/en-us/article/accessibility-features-6bd45f08-4002-4261-a18b-f28a

there is a typo in the first sentence of the Accessibility Features page located at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/accessibility-features-6bd45f08-4002-4261-a18b-f28a944e49b6?ocmsassetID=HA010369400&CorrelationId=8f0795ed-7fb7-439a-bba8-b5277a4256b1&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

TYPO ..first sentence .. "2010site"

Makes it really hard to report web errors to your web master with your current "contact us" feature. Suggest a easier notification process for these types of issues.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • font size

Why you made the Skype chat area as useless as google hangouts.
                                    We need to adjust the font size. Not everybody has perfect eyesight.
                                    You default font size is to small and makes using Skype chat impossible for many people.

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Your auto update system for windows is rude, harassing, and worthless!!!!!!!!!

Your auto update system for windows is rude, harassing, and worthless!!!!!!!!!! You take control of "MY COMPUTER" and force it to update and then it takes forever, I can't work, and then it of course it fails "AGAIN", with the OOPS screen, then takes another 1/2 hour to restore my previous version of windows. And it won't stop doing this. I can't turn it off or stop it, or decide that I don't want to update until a year from now when your stupid ******* update actually works!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR PROGRAMMERS SUCK AND BILL GATES IS CAN ROT IN ****!

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Provide actual customer service

Have people actually HELP

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Customer Assistance

I am 87 and hard of hearing. Just got off the phone with a customer service represe3ntative named George (reference number 1447140871). He did a great job of helping me update my subscription to Windows. Thanks and congratulations on an excellent employee.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base