Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix bug that stops Accessible Word docs creating inaccessible PDFs when exported

If an accessible Word document is exported to PDF the resulting PDF won't allow reflow on any page that contains an image. Image-free pages will reflow in Adobe Reader allowing visually impaired readers to read at a high magnification, but pages containing images simply spill off the screen, condemning the VI reader to significant left-right scrolling.

150 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recent Skype versions freeze with a screen reader active

In an update of Skype released last year, I believe 8.54, the support for split view for chats was introduced. Ever since this update, the experience for screen reader users was really bad. Note that to reproduce this behaviour, you must have split view disabled.
    With any screen reader active, personally tested with Narrator, NVDA and Jaws, pressing enter on a chat will often cause the app to freeze for a large period of time, up to 15 seconds. During this period, no keyboard navigation is possible and the whole app is unresponsive.
    The same freeze can be reproduced while…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix bug in LinkedIn that strips out alternative text for images when I post a link in my feed

When I post a link to my blog post on my LinkedIn feed, LinkedIn strips out the alternative text for the featured image.

And replaces it with image alternative text of "No alt text provided for this image."

The featured image has appropriate link text. I don't understand why LinkedIn would remove it.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Accessibility settings within Teams - Scrollbar

A colleague has come to me with this issue... MS, please help her:

Teams has an auto-hide functionality. I'm trying to turn that off. I want the scrollbar to be visible at all times, even when the app is still visible but I'm in a different app. Compare Outlook, which always shows the scrollbar even when I'm in Teams or any other application has focus.

In addition, the scrollbar needs to be wider. In both cases, this is an accessibility issue, especially since Teams does not respect the OS setting to keep scrollbars visible.

Finally, the third issue is both…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix screen reader bug in Microsoft Calendar App

In Microsoft Calendar app narrator or any other screen reader will NOT read days of the week that newly appear on screen. For example, on the screen you have the full month of November (nothing else). You are sitting on the first week at November 6th. When you move up with the up arrow the previous week appears, but it does NOT tell you that you are now on October 30th. The only way to know is if you use the left or right arrows to move to the previous or next day. I.e 29th or 31st. Please fix!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quick assist and Math input is not supporting for screen reader user as it is easy access for sighted in case of visually impaired it is not

Quick assist and Math input will be useful if it support screen readers. We're as it default in pc they are liking to learn maths and they love to explore technology. Now a days screen readers users plays a major role in various technologies.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screen readers often stop interacting with Skype since version 8.63

Since Skype 8.63, there is a screen reader bug present with all screen readers.
    If you press alt f4, which will hide the app to the system tray, then restore it back by pressing enter on the Skype icon, the app won't respond to any keyboard command.
    Pressing Tab, alt 1, nothing will work.
    To get out of this inaccessible state, it is necessary to press alt once to focus the menu bar, then escape to close it. This will restore the keyboard navigation, until you perform the same operation again, that is, hide Skype back to the system tray…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Microsoft Family: Allow screen time to be assigned to groups of apps (example: 1hr total for all game apps)

With kids needing to be online for school everyday, parents need a way to restrict how much screen time they have for apps which are not school. I would like to be able to group my child's apps into categories and then assign a total time to each category.

For example: I would like to limit my child's gaming screen-time regardless of which game they are playing.
    The current controls only let me set the time for each game which allows them to play each game to the limit for a total of many many hours past the desired screen…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please include a keyboard shortcut for 'Hang Up' in Microsoft Teams

Please provide a keyboard shortcut for 'Hang Up' in Teams. There is a shortcut to answer a call; please provide a hotkey to end one.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Markdown systemwide for rich text writing and reading

[Markdown](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown), is a plain text method of entering and reading text. It's mainly used on the web, but I'd love for it to be all over Windows, so that people, blind or otherwise, can focus on writing and reading, have complete control of formatting, and finally have at least one way for braille users to know what text styles are used, and to easily use them too. It can even be used by sighted people who are now used to using basic Markdown symbols.

Windows has begun adding features so that users can focus on tasks more. Focus…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I think it's great I love exploring more accessibilities in technology as we break into a new innovating an advanced technology

I think it's great I love exploring more accessibilities in technology as we break into a new innovating an advanced technology and is the Microsoft customer and account number I would truly like to thank Windows Microsoft for getting me the opportunity over the last 20 years to advance though I do have a disability card literacy but I have gotten so much better Through The Years with continue continue Windows Microsoft and all that you are doing for so many people in the world and all you are doing for our universe creating and innovating new technology each and…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I'm too stupid to get my suspension reviewed because i can't pass terms of use test this is blatant discrimination

If someone is learning disabled or too ignorant to pass the terms of use test required to have xbox enforcement team there should be other options to get help allowing only people who are intelligent enough to pass a test to recieve this type of customer support is blatant discrimination

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Emergency need to use PowerPoint as digital worksheets with objects on page!!!

I need to use edit mode in pptx for digital worksheets that allow for drag and drop of someobjects onto a stationary image (background). But I don't have the time to create a layout for each background needed. I have hundreds of PDF that I can convert to PPTX. The problem is some objects need to be backgrounds and some objects need to be selectable and movable. The time added to make layout is massive. Keynote has the ability to do what is needed, but when exported as PPTx the locked objects are again unlocked. Its a right click lock!!…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve navigability of the LinkedIn home page feed items

When viewing feed items on the LinkedIn home page with NVDA and Firefox, it is hard to navigate from post to post. The start of each post has neither a landmark, nor a heading. The only headings after the main one are those of shared articles, and possibly comments. But the actual post content, usually above the shared article, is skipped over. And there is no easy way to find it. Other posts that don't have a shared item are skipped alltogether by conventional navigation means. Please improve this so that the front page becomes more navigable.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Too stupid for xbox enforcement teams terms of use test

I can't get my unjust ban reviewed because I'm too stupid for xboxs terms of use test you have to pass to get help from the enforcement team and after failing several times it locks you out of the test for 24 hours so I get punished for being stupid and have to wait longer to get and unjust ban reviewed because I'm not smart enough for Microsoft to help me i dread taking the test tomorrow because I know it will make me feel stupid and lock me out again for 24 hours does Microsoft not care about learning…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Windows 10 Magnifier bug

Since updating to Windows 10 version 2004, there seems to be a bug which is causing the Windows Magnifier to judder/shake as the mouse is moved across the screen, whereas it should be smooth.
    The issue is found when magnifier is set to: Choose a view 'Full Screen Mode' and Keep the mouse pointer 'Within the edges of the screen'. When the mouse pointer is set to 'Centred on the screen' the issue does not occur.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. memory problems v passwords

There must be a way to help those like me who have brain haemorrhages/injury! every time I mess up trying to access services online I am required to use passwords/reset passwords etc. I cant remember which password is which for what and when.
    I also cant remember what to do if I look for solutions to problems. eg. If you mess up and youre told to go to setting then something else then something else, click on this and that and then reboot/try again etc. Whoa! Once Ive read all those instructions I cant get past going to Settings. After…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Clinician Looking For Game Access

Good morning!

I was instructed that this was the best venue to make this request.

My name is Bethany- I am a program assistant in the technical services department at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO). The role of our department is to promote the use of adaptive technology and toys with children and youth with special needs. We were incredibly excited to purchase a couple of your adaptive gaming controllers, and we now actually have one available for loan through our Adaptive Toy & Tech Resource Centre, so that families can trial it before deciding whether it is…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. screen reader picking up chat box messages during Teams meetings

Hi there,

In a recent video meeting via Teams- a participant's screen reader (NVDA) was not able to pick up/notified when there were new messages written by other participants in the chat box. Their screen reader did pick up when someone had a raised hand, but not when there was a new message. Can you provide any advice on this?
    Thanks

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can I pin more than one person ( two ASL interpreters) during the meeting?

Can I pin more than one person (two ASL interpreters) during the meeting? Is Microsoft Team allow us to pin one person like zoom?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base