Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Highlighting Colours

Hello, I am a frequent user of Microsoft word and have recently realized that your selection of highlighting colours is quite limited. I am suggesting you should included a wider variety of colours such as an orange or even some pastel variety similar to what are available on Microsoft one note. being a student i am often having to highlight documents and am constantly limited with my selection of highlighting colours as you do not provide a simple colour such as orange. I think this would be an easy addition to your program and would assist many students like myself…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Request for OCR in Narrator on the Xbox

Many blind gamers are streaming the Xbox screen to the computer through the Xbox app in Windows 10, and run OCR on the picture from the Xbox to read menus in games out loud. It would be fantastic if Narrator on the Xbox could do OCR on the screen in games, so blind gamers can get menus and other kind of text read out loud directly on the Xbox, instead of streaming the screen to a pc to run OCR on the screen.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Windows 10 Build 1809 - File Explorer Right-Click-Menu Problem

I've been everywhere. Feedback Hub, Reddit, Microsoft Accessibility/Support-based accounts on Twitter, Disabled Help Desk. Can we please give this problem some real-world attention by someone who can actually help?

As of Windows 10 Build 1809 - The registry fix of setting "ImmersiveContextMenu" to "0", located at "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\FlightedFeatures", no longer has any effect in disabling the new 'immersive context menu'.

Windows shell has the new style, including desktop, file explorer and open dialog boxes in all applications. Why is this a problem? Why was I previously using a registry tweak to remove the new immersive context menu? Just look at it!…

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. WCAG 2.2.2 - Skype does not give the option to pause, stop or hide GIF images

Hello,

One of my coworkers finds it extremely difficult to use Skype due to the nature of the GIF images. They play incessantly and he cannot stop them. There is no mechanism to Pause, Stop or Hide the content. He has resorted to using this method to push the GIF out of the viewport:
    [ animated GIF viewport scuttling message ]
    [ animated GIF viewport…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. increase the notification/system tray icons to at least 32 pixels option, its important for tray indicators,

increase the notification/system tray icons to at least 32 pixels option, its important for tray indicators, for example processor and disk real time indicator, upload, download, indicator, antivirus indicator, keyscrambler indicator, cups lock indicator, etc, for years we are still stuck n 16px for tray icons and nobody cares, its too small for some people who wears eye glasses, i think to increase system tray icons to 32 pixels will be something inventive for the new windows os, if it will be possible to make this changes on windows 10 so better,
    this is very important, for some people, even…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop using click here, or here for hyperlinks

I'm probably posting this in the wrong location but this was the closest forum I could find.
    I want to make an appeal to Microsoft's Accessibillity champions to run some internal training for the folk that prepare Microsoft's web page content and promotional emails. Please teach them how to write effective link text rather than using 'click here' .
    Contextual text links have been a Web Content Accessibilty Guidelines (WCAG) requirement for a very long time now. And giving users an instruction to click something is not inclusive; mobile users tap, keyboard users press enter, etc
    I'm trying to get…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add dark screen/ screen shade feature on Narrator

PLEASE add screen shade featur where the screen goes black and sited person can not see the screen it will save the battery life of laptop

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sponsored/Donated Adaptive Controllers

I was really moved by the Adaptive Controller campaign. It is so amazing to see a company pushing the boundaries and making their product more inclusive.

I don't know anyone in my personal life who needs this device but I wanted to reach out and ask if you've thought about 'sponsored devices' or creating a program that allows people to purchase a device for a person who needs it. Perhaps continuing the organizational partnerships you've already established to help get the devices to the right people?

I'm not sure this is the right channel to start this discussion but I…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Purchase the JAWS and ZoomText divisions of Vispero and integrate them into Microsoft and Microsoft products.

Microsoft should consider purchasing the ZoomText and JAWS divisions of Vispero in order to integrate them into the Microsoft accessibility team. These divisions of Vispero already produce software that is exclusive to Windows, and this is the next logical step in making Windows accessible for everyone. This would add a lot of talented folks to the Narrator, Magnifier, and Disability Answer Desk teams.

There would be no more need for teams from Microsoft and Vispero to communicate back and forth on accessibility issues. Everything would be done in house, similar to how Apple implements accessibility on their devices and systems.…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Speech recognition improvement needed in Windows

Please can Microsoft improve Windows speech recognition and speech recognition generally for those who can’t use a keyboard, touch screen or switch. Speech recognition plays such a low profile within Windows 10. It should be much more prominent and more of a priority.

Infuse some AI and computational cloud computing into each recognition to improve accuracy.

Windows speech recognition takes a long time to set up and accuracy is not very impressive. It is worlds apart from Nuance Dragon professional speech recognition product.

Windows speech recognition is of little practical use to people like me who rely completely on voice…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve the captcha system

The captcha system on your website is not disabled friendly. At present it is almost impossible to distinguish between individual letters. I Harvey spent 4-5 attempts filling out the form on sender.outlook.com . The same system is used elsewhere on the Microsoft website and is not at all user friendly for visually impaired. I suspect it may we’ll be in breach of the Uk equality act on website accessibility.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add a Hotkey to Quickly access Favorites Menu.

Please add alt+A functionality, to quickly access the "Favorites" menu, as in Internet Explorer. As a screen reader and primarily keyboard user, every keystroke matters. Even one or two additional keystrokes make a workflow more cumbersome.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Empruve The Magnification Motion

Make the magnification smoother and more optimized
    Use the GPU to improve it.
    Take a look at macOS magnification, it used GPU to perform the zoom and it feels so good.
    Please, help us with that, also, allow users to choose which key to press to zoom in or out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. MAKE THE ZOOM MAGNIFICATION AS GOOD AS THE ONE ON MAC OS! USE THE GPI ZOOM, COME ON. THAT IS SO EASY TO DO AND WILL MAKE SUCH AN IMPACT

MAKE THE ZOOM MAGNIFICATION AS GOOD AS THE ONE ON MAC OS! USE THE GPI ZOOM, COME ON. THAT IS SO EASY TO DO AND WILL MAKE SUCH AN IMPACT

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate Speech Recognition voice commands with Narrator

I’m blind and struggle with keyboards so I love the idea of controlling pc using voice. The trouble is that speech recognition voice commands do not integrate with Narrator. If you check out Apple’s iOS 13 beta, voice control and voiceover work together pretty well, so I can navigate an iPhone, open emails, reply, edit text all just with voice. I’d dearly love to be able to do this on my Windows 10 laptop, but so far this is not possible. I can open the mail app with a voice command but after that, I’m pretty stuck with voice commands.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Surface pro 6 battery issue

I am looking for customer feedback. I had very bad experience with surface pro 6 and my surface purchase on early Jan 2018 and now the battery live is one hour after 18 months. The support for surface pro is horrible experience and hard response to email and with escalation, the manager still never response with email. my Service Request#:  1477674189. My email address Derrick_hoe@yahoo.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Seeing AI on Android

Seeing AI is a fantastic app! Please make it available on Android platform.

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. there are many users using your products around the world so I think the webinars timings should bee changed from time to time

like 1 webinar is conducted at 1200PM the next munths webinar should conducted at 9 AM ETC

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Xbox Controller for left hand only

My name is Mason. I am almost nine. I have cerebral palsy and can’t use my right hand to operate the Xbox controller. Is there something that can help me use the controller with only my left hand.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disability Answering Desk is wonderful, but Microsoft engineers probably don’t care about PWD. Every time when Microsoft upgrade new version

Disability Answering Desk is wonderful, but Microsoft engineers probably don’t care about PWD. Every time when Microsoft upgrade new version for many of us everything is so none accessible that we need to call DAD every day beg for help.
    You just implement new upgrade and now many pages are out of normal size of screen. No matter what I did decrease or increase screen it doesn’t help and DAD wonderful people don’t know a solution!
    I attached just few print screens, but I can show you much more. You have still Ronaldo and few others who try very hard…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base