Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Letting screenreaders read the Settings information

Some details or information on the Settings screen cannot be read by a screenreader. Some way, it has to be expressed that the data has to be accessed. It just can't be read by either Narrator, the screenreader or the JAWS mode. Was trying to find my "Last Backup date" and it only gave me buttons to backup and such, though the information was there on that same page.

6 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Use TTS voice in accordance with installation locale, instead of the english voice

I've noticed today that if installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in bulgarian, Narrator starts with the english voice Zira. Not only that, but it is the only voice available to select in Narrator until the first restart during the installation process. After the machine restarts for the first time during the installation process, the bulgarian voice "Ivan" is available to select and use in Narrator. Yes, but at that stage half of the installation has passed inaccessibly, because only an english voice can be used and the UI is in bulgarian, making it unreadable with Narrator. In my opinion,…

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Localize Narrator to bulgarian

Since Windows XP, we in Bulgaria have a bulgarian localization of Windows. Narrator however has always been in english. After the TTS voice "Ivan" was introduced In Windows 10 Insider Preview, I've noticed some partial localization of Narrator to bulgarian (mainly for its messages). In recent insider builds of Windows 10 however, Narrator has reverted to be completely in english. Please localize Narrator to bulgarian, so it is more user-friendly for users of Windows and Narrator in Bulgaria, who are not familiar with the english language.

Thank you in advance!

P.S.: If the bulgarian localization team needs assistance or consultation…

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix Contracted Braille Input in Narrator

When typing contracted Braille, the translator misses characters if you're typing too quickly. This results in garbled text. Please make the contracted Braille input work more smoothly. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with a Focus 40 Blue model that has Whiz Wheels.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add Support for Windows 10 OCR in Narrator

While Narrator appears to be using some kind of online OCR engine with the image descriptions feature, it isn't very accurate and doesn't work when offline. Narrator should be able to use the built-in OCR engine in Windows 10. NVDA is using this engine and it's fantastic! I can do things like read and select inaccessible controls if they contain text or move focus to an image-based PDF and receive the text in less than 5 seconds.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Fix the spelling of accessibility in several of these sub-forum

Several places in this forum "office accessibility", "word accessibility" you have spelled it with two Is. How can we take Microsoft's commitment to access when the person creating the forum apparently cannot spell!

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• The scan mode ought to switch on or off automatically depending on input field, e.g. switching off scan mode when encountering editable fiel

The scan mode ought to switch on or off automatically depending on input field, e.g. switching off scan mode when encountering editable field. I prefer Narrator handling web pages as is handled by System Access screen reader.

6 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

THank you for contacting us about this issue. We will forward this to the product manager in charge of Narrator to see if we can get a fix implimented for you.

One question: Are you experinencing this with only one browser such as IE 11 or Edge?

Again, thank you for reaching out to us about this as it’s our missionto help those with disabilities use our products more effectively.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base