Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to edit "Other" on MS Forms

We are considering changing away from MS Forms to SurveyMonkey because MS Forms does not allow us to edit the text on an "Other" field.

We are a charity that uses MS Forms to understand our participants' experiences of our activities. We collect diversity data to ensure we're reaching a range of people and communities. Currently, our forms say things like "Male/Female/Other-please state". Using the word "Other" in this context is considered not good practice. But for some reason, MS Forms won't allow us to edit the word "Other". Please can you change it so we can edit the word…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Markdown systemwide for rich text writing and reading

[Markdown](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown), is a plain text method of entering and reading text. It's mainly used on the web, but I'd love for it to be all over Windows, so that people, blind or otherwise, can focus on writing and reading, have complete control of formatting, and finally have at least one way for braille users to know what text styles are used, and to easily use them too. It can even be used by sighted people who are now used to using basic Markdown symbols.

Windows has begun adding features so that users can focus on tasks more. Focus…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please include a keyboard shortcut for 'Hang Up' in Microsoft Teams

Please provide a keyboard shortcut for 'Hang Up' in Teams. There is a shortcut to answer a call; please provide a hotkey to end one.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A better update interface.

The current windows 10 update interface is just basic. It'd be great if I could see what's the network speed in which the update is downloading, the time required to finish it, and more.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Windows 10 Global Font type change through Color and Appearance

In Windows 7, we had the option to adjust screen resolution, DPI (set custom text size) and color metrics to suit accessibility needs. I prefer to have the Tahoma font globally as this is very clear of all.

In Windows 10 I realise that the resolution changes and Custom Display Setting are mutually dependent and automatically changes. In Window colour metrics the option to change the colours, font type are missing. In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display has some customizing options, the ability to update the font type has been removed.

Can we please bring this feature back asap?

STEPS in…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. fix the stickykeys issue that has been present since XP and reported numerous times by many

Issue present in Win XP, 7, 8, 10 (including latest fast ring)

Summary
    When using sticky keys on windows 10, the left and right sides control (ctrl), Alt and shift keys are independently activated without a visual display or sound, making it clear enoughdifficult to distinguish between left and right sides. Further when activating the right hand side sticky keys with the setting of double press activate (push the key twice and it not only toggles but it holds down the key pushed indefinitely) it can be override by the left keys one push if the right key was the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Windows 10 Photos App *& video editor)

Windows 10 Photo app
    My suggestion is geared towards the video editing feature of this app. Attention to screen reader accessibility is needed here, especially when it comes to scene order. Trimming and slicing videos could also be made significantly more intuitive. As part of my work, I am asked to create video demos of screen reader behavior and it is extremely :

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microsoft sway - automated closed captioning

Please provide automated closed captioning tools audio cards in Microsoft Sway. I really like this tool, but I need to make all of my materials accessible for students. Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. make windows speech recognition truly hands free!

Windows speech recognition is surely designed for those who can't use their hands? The problem is that there are so many apps that cortana will not use the initial start listening speech recognition for, and the dictation side constantly crashes so that you are forced to use your hands To complete your tasks. Please make cortana more user friendly, give disabled people who cannot use the keyboard better accessibility choices! Cortana needs to be able to be used 100% of the time!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. make the dictation tool more accessible

When i use the dictation tool, there is no way I can switch it off and on using my voice. I can activate it, but once the bar is up there its not very user friendly. new paragraph

for example, I cannot correct my work or use any useful commands as you can see above.

Please could you make this tool as diverse as windows speech recognition? Wsr cannot be used in every situation and on every site. I'm having to use the dictation tool to do this, and it's very hard work! There needs to be more work on…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need Help

I called the disability number. Reached probably the Philippines. I just had question about how to get the markup off of a word document permanently. This person did not know how to do that. They said they would put me through to their supervisor. I was just left on hold for a very very long time. Maybe if English was the primary language it would work better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Choosing no. of video screens

Whilst the introduction of a 3x3 video screen grid in Microsoft Teams has been welcomed by many, I have some colleagues that have sight loss who now feel the video screens are too small. Could there be a setting which enables staff to individually select how many video windows show up on their screen during a Teams meeting?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Touch Keyboard

It would be wonderful to have an option to permanently display/dock the touch keyboard and have all other windows rescaled to fit remaining portion of the screen. It would be great to have this not only in tablet mode.

Sometimes you really want to type without an external keyboard but the touch keyboard keeps disappearing as you switch between windows or tabs, etc. Sometimes the keyboard also draws over other windows. Sometimes you just need the keyboard permanently open, not only having it pop up automatically (which doesn't always work).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Photosensitive epilepsy / flashing lights

I thought about this from a concert I went to on the weekend,

There could be more options for photosensitive and possibly other forms of epilepsy in Microsoft products, as TV shows and some video content may warn about flashing images but not all will.

I am curious if there is a way for flashing light warnings to be in accessibility checker or better yet in Windows itself with options for when flashing lights are detected or possibly a way to prevent flashing images from being displayed.

While I don't know too much about epilepsy, I believe these features could…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Resolving issues over phone only after basic troubleshooting doesn't work is largely inaccessible for people who cannot talk on the phone

It's very frustrating as a person with a disability that prevents me from using the phone that resolving issues that are more complex than answered on the FAQs forums require scheduling a support call.

How is a person who cannot talk on the phone supposed to talk on the phone?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Help with passwords

I am trying to access my mums HP Stream device but she has forgotten her password (she has dementia). I have filled in forms with as much detail as we can but keep being told we have insufficient info to reset her password. Your form and questions only cater for those who have used several passwords or can remember them. My mum can’t. Please help me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SharePoint: A number of issues on Windows desktop

A number of the menu items in the primary and secondary navigation ribbons are not keyboard accessible and do not receive visual focus.

• Tab does not work on Edit.

• Tab does not work on secondary menu after Home (Must use left right navigation buttons)

• Unable to exit an expanded menu item with keyboard only

WebAim: Elements with negative tabindex values cannot receive focus using the keyboard's tab key. Users who cannot use a mouse due to a disability and users who prefer a keyboard use the tab key as a primary means of navigation. Keyboard users may not be able…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I think the accessibility features would be an amazing tool to be able to use for those of us with vision loss and deafness.

However, I for one refuse to use anything in Ease of Access because for reasons unknown to me, once you turn those features on, it restricts your ability to customize your laptop via background colors, themes, etc. I tried Ease of Access long ago, and when I found what happened, I immediately turned off all features, but my laptop seemed ruined permanently just for using the accessibility features no matter how hard I worked to try and customize my laptop again. So, that's my idea I'm presenting to you. I know I cannot be the only one that would love…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Worked with MSC 40yr don't need "V agent" DELAY=need Chat/disabled !

Been MEMBER CODE BLUE TEAM=responsible. Worked with MSC for 40yrs in healthcare and having been hit(out of the blue) with RARE and deadly form of Arthritis I know how to get the answer quickly. Being delayed is PAINFUL and frustrating (since I am loosing vision=GOING BLIND! I don't need repetitive sales pitches; main point is repetitive. I will gladly enter a "chat" forum for programmers/developers for an answer to a simple e-mail change. Sincerely, Dr DF
    P.S. Maybe have an initial question as,,, HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD/WORKED WITH MSC PRODUCTS: <1yr. etc. Tx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base