Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Accessibility settings within Teams - Scrollbar

A colleague has come to me with this issue... MS, please help her:

Teams has an auto-hide functionality. I'm trying to turn that off. I want the scrollbar to be visible at all times, even when the app is still visible but I'm in a different app. Compare Outlook, which always shows the scrollbar even when I'm in Teams or any other application has focus.

In addition, the scrollbar needs to be wider. In both cases, this is an accessibility issue, especially since Teams does not respect the OS setting to keep scrollbars visible.

Finally, the third issue is both…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please include a keyboard shortcut for 'Hang Up' in Microsoft Teams

Please provide a keyboard shortcut for 'Hang Up' in Teams. There is a shortcut to answer a call; please provide a hotkey to end one.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Markdown systemwide for rich text writing and reading

[Markdown](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown), is a plain text method of entering and reading text. It's mainly used on the web, but I'd love for it to be all over Windows, so that people, blind or otherwise, can focus on writing and reading, have complete control of formatting, and finally have at least one way for braille users to know what text styles are used, and to easily use them too. It can even be used by sighted people who are now used to using basic Markdown symbols.

Windows has begun adding features so that users can focus on tasks more. Focus…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Too stupid for xbox enforcement teams terms of use test

I can't get my unjust ban reviewed because I'm too stupid for xboxs terms of use test you have to pass to get help from the enforcement team and after failing several times it locks you out of the test for 24 hours so I get punished for being stupid and have to wait longer to get and unjust ban reviewed because I'm not smart enough for Microsoft to help me i dread taking the test tomorrow because I know it will make me feel stupid and lock me out again for 24 hours does Microsoft not care about learning…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'm too stupid to get my suspension reviewed because i can't pass terms of use test this is blatant discrimination

If someone is learning disabled or too ignorant to pass the terms of use test required to have xbox enforcement team there should be other options to get help allowing only people who are intelligent enough to pass a test to recieve this type of customer support is blatant discrimination

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. screen reader picking up chat box messages during Teams meetings

Hi there,

In a recent video meeting via Teams- a participant's screen reader (NVDA) was not able to pick up/notified when there were new messages written by other participants in the chat box. Their screen reader did pick up when someone had a raised hand, but not when there was a new message. Can you provide any advice on this?
    Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Introduce an Ease of Access option that forces ANY Windows application to have conventional scroll bars with left / right & up / down arrows

A growing number of software developers such as Postbox Inc and Mailbird are copying Apple's ultra thin scroll bars with no left / right & up / down arrows when creating applications for Windows.

This recent trend has introduced the issue of scroll bar inaccessibility to Windows users, making life increasingly difficult for people like myself who has arm control difficulties. Should this trend continue, many disabled people will face an increasingly limited choice of software due to companies who place "innovative looks" over accessibility.

Please Microsoft, introduce an Ease of Access option that forces ANY Windows application to have…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow me to edit "Other" on MS Forms

We are considering changing away from MS Forms to SurveyMonkey because MS Forms does not allow us to edit the text on an "Other" field.

We are a charity that uses MS Forms to understand our participants' experiences of our activities. We collect diversity data to ensure we're reaching a range of people and communities. Currently, our forms say things like "Male/Female/Other-please state". Using the word "Other" in this context is considered not good practice. But for some reason, MS Forms won't allow us to edit the word "Other". Please can you change it so we can edit the word…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. typing echo

Can you add typing feedback to Windows? I imagine this would work similar to the Typing Feedback feature on the iPhone. When enabled it would speak each character as the key is pressed aloud.

This is useful for low vision users who cannot see the keyboard but want audible confirmation they have pressed the right key.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Narrator should have a pause function

A very common function that people need is to have their text-to-speech app pause and then continue from where it was paused

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Captcha

Make Captcha accessable to visually impaired user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Activate windows

Screen is overly bright for normal display but extremely dark for games. I personalized to try an balance, but the second try tells me to activate windows, but it is already activated. Win 10 is not as user friendly as Win 7 and Win 7 was not as user friendly as Win 98.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically enable audio for Hyper-V virtual machines when using screen readers.

Although I have very limited experience using Hyper-V, my understanding is that audio is not available when connecting to a virtual machine using Hyper-V Manager. I have read about an Enhanced Session Mode, but this must be manually enabled on Windows Server and it does not appear to pass audio back to the host machine unless RDP is enabled in the Windows virtual machine.

Can you see the problem here? How is a totally blind person supposed to independently configure a virtual machine if audio cannot be used until a setting in the virtual machine itself is enabled? If a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make a clear and simple way to disable palm rejection

I can’t find any simple way to disable palm rejection in Windows 10 making it impossible for me to use the trackpad and keyboard simultaneously. This is ridiculous and severely limits accessibility for those with one hand. Please just make this an option that is clear. Just a simple on or off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Suggestion: 'Finalize' button when user clicks submit -

Recently, I saw a sudden downhill in the way Microsoft forms functions; when I used Microsoft Forms to submit a very important test paper, I needed to upload a file (PDF). But (this is my fault partially), I used the touchscreen to upload a file, except that I couldn't; since I was careless and clicked the 'submit' button instead of the 'upload' button. The mistake costed me an entire 3 hours of regret and a loss of 12 marks from my exam paper out of 20 marks. I suggest that to prevent this from happening to any other innocent person…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display settings

The control panel settings page needs to be larger to begin with. I need to grocery shop on line, it was difficult to see what choices were available. If those of us visually impaired could read the existing font to adjust to larger, we wouldn't need to do this. It's common sense really.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix typing lag while using text cursor indicator

I upgraded to the new 2004 build and I was thrilled to see Microsoft added the text cursor indicator. However, after using it for a few days, I noticed lag while typing. I turned off the feature on and off, and I concluded that the text cursor indicator is causing the lag.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Supporting students

Without disclosing my disability I feel I have been let down by Microsoft.
    I am a student nurse who purchased a surface pro 4 in good faith from your company to complete my degree. It offered the majority of what I required for ease of access.
    Approximately 2weeks ago I began to experience flickering and ghosting on my system. I have also lost and corrupted some of my files for University.
    Following a diagnostic check from one of your team. They were going to replace my system as it has a fault with the equipment which was as a result…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Accessibility Improvements MS Teams inTablet App for Educational Use

My children are both doing remote learning using MS Teams on school-provided iPads. There are three critical improvements that are needed to improve accessibility for young children (but they would also greatly help other users such as those with disabilities and some elderly users):
    1) The user needs to be able to "pin" the toolbar to the bottom of the screen so it stays visible or, better yet, set that as a preference in the Settings. It's difficult for a kindergartner to get that toolbar to come up quickly enough to answer a teacher's question.
    2) The meeting host (i.e.,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reading functionalities have been disabled because no compatible voice was found

Microsoft Magnifier "Reading functionalities have been disabled because no compatible voice was found"
    How to fix this?

Tried launching Narrator and it is working. I can choose different Narrator voices. It's the Magnifier Reader that is greyed out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base