Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Accessibility settings within Teams - Scrollbar

A colleague has come to me with this issue... MS, please help her:

Teams has an auto-hide functionality. I'm trying to turn that off. I want the scrollbar to be visible at all times, even when the app is still visible but I'm in a different app. Compare Outlook, which always shows the scrollbar even when I'm in Teams or any other application has focus.

In addition, the scrollbar needs to be wider. In both cases, this is an accessibility issue, especially since Teams does not respect the OS setting to keep scrollbars visible.

Finally, the third issue is both…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Markdown systemwide for rich text writing and reading

[Markdown](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown), is a plain text method of entering and reading text. It's mainly used on the web, but I'd love for it to be all over Windows, so that people, blind or otherwise, can focus on writing and reading, have complete control of formatting, and finally have at least one way for braille users to know what text styles are used, and to easily use them too. It can even be used by sighted people who are now used to using basic Markdown symbols.

Windows has begun adding features so that users can focus on tasks more. Focus…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please include a keyboard shortcut for 'Hang Up' in Microsoft Teams

Please provide a keyboard shortcut for 'Hang Up' in Teams. There is a shortcut to answer a call; please provide a hotkey to end one.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow me to edit "Other" on MS Forms

We are considering changing away from MS Forms to SurveyMonkey because MS Forms does not allow us to edit the text on an "Other" field.

We are a charity that uses MS Forms to understand our participants' experiences of our activities. We collect diversity data to ensure we're reaching a range of people and communities. Currently, our forms say things like "Male/Female/Other-please state". Using the word "Other" in this context is considered not good practice. But for some reason, MS Forms won't allow us to edit the word "Other". Please can you change it so we can edit the word…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix typing lag while using text cursor indicator

I upgraded to the new 2004 build and I was thrilled to see Microsoft added the text cursor indicator. However, after using it for a few days, I noticed lag while typing. I turned off the feature on and off, and I concluded that the text cursor indicator is causing the lag.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Introduce an Ease of Access option that forces ANY Windows application to have conventional scroll bars with left / right & up / down arrows

A growing number of software developers such as Postbox Inc and Mailbird are copying Apple's ultra thin scroll bars with no left / right & up / down arrows when creating applications for Windows.

This recent trend has introduced the issue of scroll bar inaccessibility to Windows users, making life increasingly difficult for people like myself who has arm control difficulties. Should this trend continue, many disabled people will face an increasingly limited choice of software due to companies who place "innovative looks" over accessibility.

Please Microsoft, introduce an Ease of Access option that forces ANY Windows application to have…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. zoomtext and teams

I use Zoomtext with full screen magnification and this works well for pretty much most things however am having issues with Teams. I don't use a screen reader as i'm also deaf, so am relying solely on magnification. In Teams the toolips and popups that are continuously appearing on mouseover obscure what you're trying to read. In a video meeting, the captioning disappears before you can finish reading it - as you have to move the screen around to read it with the level of magnification I use. Is there a way to have toe captioning appear in its own…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please Support Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control

Currently on the list of supported devices for Microsoft Eye Control, Tobii 4C is listed. However, Tobii no longer makes 4C and has upgraded to the 5 model. I cannot use my Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control due to the drivers nor being supported, yet I am unable to purchase a 4C due to them being discontinued. All other supported items cost hundreds of dollars more. Please support Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. need support email address for hearing impaired

M/S Support needs to provide an email address for those who are hearing impaired. I have no other way of reaching you and getting help on your products (your AI interfaces don't work)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. question

While using MS teams, in a meeting with students, teaching remotely how can I show material or information to a deaf student while I am simultaneously signing so they can see me while I explain to the students what they are viewing. Often its vocabulary words, or a short story and we are reading it together.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. fix the stickykeys issue that has been present since XP and reported numerous times by many

Issue present in Win XP, 7, 8, 10 (including latest fast ring)

Summary
    When using sticky keys on windows 10, the left and right sides control (ctrl), Alt and shift keys are independently activated without a visual display or sound, making it clear enoughdifficult to distinguish between left and right sides. Further when activating the right hand side sticky keys with the setting of double press activate (push the key twice and it not only toggles but it holds down the key pushed indefinitely) it can be override by the left keys one push if the right key was the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A better update interface.

The current windows 10 update interface is just basic. It'd be great if I could see what's the network speed in which the update is downloading, the time required to finish it, and more.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Windows 10 Global Font type change through Color and Appearance

In Windows 7, we had the option to adjust screen resolution, DPI (set custom text size) and color metrics to suit accessibility needs. I prefer to have the Tahoma font globally as this is very clear of all.

In Windows 10 I realise that the resolution changes and Custom Display Setting are mutually dependent and automatically changes. In Window colour metrics the option to change the colours, font type are missing. In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display has some customizing options, the ability to update the font type has been removed.

Can we please bring this feature back asap?

STEPS in…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. make the dictation tool more accessible

When i use the dictation tool, there is no way I can switch it off and on using my voice. I can activate it, but once the bar is up there its not very user friendly. new paragraph

for example, I cannot correct my work or use any useful commands as you can see above.

Please could you make this tool as diverse as windows speech recognition? Wsr cannot be used in every situation and on every site. I'm having to use the dictation tool to do this, and it's very hard work! There needs to be more work on…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The "Email accessibility help" button to email the Enterprise Disability Answer Desk is not working.

I have a question that I wanted to send to the Enterprise Disability Answer Desk but on their web page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/enterprise-answer-desk) the "Email accessibility help" button does not work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. screen reader picking up chat box messages during Teams meetings

Hi there,

In a recent video meeting via Teams- a participant's screen reader (NVDA) was not able to pick up/notified when there were new messages written by other participants in the chat box. Their screen reader did pick up when someone had a raised hand, but not when there was a new message. Can you provide any advice on this?
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Fix the Teams transcription tool

Please fix the transcription tool in Teams! It garbles sentences and inserts bizarre words into the transcripts of Teams meetings, making it useless as an accessibility aid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Windows 10 Photos App *& video editor)

Windows 10 Photo app
    My suggestion is geared towards the video editing feature of this app. Attention to screen reader accessibility is needed here, especially when it comes to scene order. Trimming and slicing videos could also be made significantly more intuitive. As part of my work, I am asked to create video demos of screen reader behavior and it is extremely :

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. make windows speech recognition truly hands free!

Windows speech recognition is surely designed for those who can't use their hands? The problem is that there are so many apps that cortana will not use the initial start listening speech recognition for, and the dictation side constantly crashes so that you are forced to use your hands To complete your tasks. Please make cortana more user friendly, give disabled people who cannot use the keyboard better accessibility choices! Cortana needs to be able to be used 100% of the time!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base