Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to edit "Other" on MS Forms

We are considering changing away from MS Forms to SurveyMonkey because MS Forms does not allow us to edit the text on an "Other" field.

We are a charity that uses MS Forms to understand our participants' experiences of our activities. We collect diversity data to ensure we're reaching a range of people and communities. Currently, our forms say things like "Male/Female/Other-please state". Using the word "Other" in this context is considered not good practice. But for some reason, MS Forms won't allow us to edit the word "Other". Please can you change it so we can edit the word…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows 10 Photos App *& video editor)

Windows 10 Photo app
    My suggestion is geared towards the video editing feature of this app. Attention to screen reader accessibility is needed here, especially when it comes to scene order. Trimming and slicing videos could also be made significantly more intuitive. As part of my work, I am asked to create video demos of screen reader behavior and it is extremely :

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Windows 10 Global Font type change through Color and Appearance

In Windows 7, we had the option to adjust screen resolution, DPI (set custom text size) and color metrics to suit accessibility needs. I prefer to have the Tahoma font globally as this is very clear of all.

In Windows 10 I realise that the resolution changes and Custom Display Setting are mutually dependent and automatically changes. In Window colour metrics the option to change the colours, font type are missing. In Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display has some customizing options, the ability to update the font type has been removed.

Can we please bring this feature back asap?

STEPS in…

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. A better update interface.

The current windows 10 update interface is just basic. It'd be great if I could see what's the network speed in which the update is downloading, the time required to finish it, and more.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft sway - automated closed captioning

Please provide automated closed captioning tools audio cards in Microsoft Sway. I really like this tool, but I need to make all of my materials accessible for students. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Photosensitive epilepsy / flashing lights

I thought about this from a concert I went to on the weekend,

There could be more options for photosensitive and possibly other forms of epilepsy in Microsoft products, as TV shows and some video content may warn about flashing images but not all will.

I am curious if there is a way for flashing light warnings to be in accessibility checker or better yet in Windows itself with options for when flashing lights are detected or possibly a way to prevent flashing images from being displayed.

While I don't know too much about epilepsy, I believe these features could…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Resolving issues over phone only after basic troubleshooting doesn't work is largely inaccessible for people who cannot talk on the phone

It's very frustrating as a person with a disability that prevents me from using the phone that resolving issues that are more complex than answered on the FAQs forums require scheduling a support call.

How is a person who cannot talk on the phone supposed to talk on the phone?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. make the dictation tool more accessible

When i use the dictation tool, there is no way I can switch it off and on using my voice. I can activate it, but once the bar is up there its not very user friendly. new paragraph

for example, I cannot correct my work or use any useful commands as you can see above.

Please could you make this tool as diverse as windows speech recognition? Wsr cannot be used in every situation and on every site. I'm having to use the dictation tool to do this, and it's very hard work! There needs to be more work on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Want drag-and-drop feature for MouseKeys

I use the MouseKeys feature A LOT. but when I press the 5 (fire key) and along with an arrow key, it does not perform any drag and drop functionality.

I pray to MS corporation to add the feature to use drag and drop functionality within Keyboard's MouseKeys feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bitlocker screen gives no indication that the eyesight impaired can use

My customer has many eyesight impaired users, but they also use Bitlocker with PIN on startup. The Bitlocker screen doesn't give these users any indication that they are on the Bitlocker screen and need to enter their pin.
    The screen times out after a short while, so the user never knows where they are in the process if they forget to count after pressing the power button or the machine doesn't respond in the expected way.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Needed feature: text masking/scrolling (for stroke/reading difficulties)

This would be helpful in Windows (all applications), or an App for iOS. I work with veterans who frequently have print disabilities due to stroke (hemianopsia or neglect). This makes reading in a crowded environment difficult. It would be helpful if there was a way to mask text so only one line appears at a time, with the option for text scrolling (like a TV ticker) to move text into their "reading view" without having to move their eyes. (This saccadic movement causes people to lose their place and not be able to retain what they have read).

In an…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think the accessibility features would be an amazing tool to be able to use for those of us with vision loss and deafness.

However, I for one refuse to use anything in Ease of Access because for reasons unknown to me, once you turn those features on, it restricts your ability to customize your laptop via background colors, themes, etc. I tried Ease of Access long ago, and when I found what happened, I immediately turned off all features, but my laptop seemed ruined permanently just for using the accessibility features no matter how hard I worked to try and customize my laptop again. So, that's my idea I'm presenting to you. I know I cannot be the only one that would love…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Dynamics 365 - Connections Function

Making "Connections" in Dynamics is generally a slow, contact by contact process. It would very helpful if you could select a list of contacts (from a search or similar) and the "connect" them all to a a specified contact in a single step.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Build Braille support directly into Narrator.

Braille support should be built directly into Narrator. This would make it significantly easier for people to get up and running with Braille just by connecting a display to the computer via USB. This would also provide the ability to use Braille during the Windows installation process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prioritize Narrator over Cortana in the Windows Out of Box Experience.

After Windows is installed, the Cortana experience guides someone through setting up Windows for the first time. Unfortunately, Narrator is unable to speak while Cortana is speaking. It is necessary to wait for a pause in the Cortana dialogue to use Narrator. This behavior is absolutely unacceptable and should be changed ASAP! Narrator should always take priority over anything else because it is a vital accessibility service.

If Cortana is jabbering away, enabling Narrator or using any command should immediately silence it and let Narrator take over. Cortana is not an accessibility service, so I truly do not understand why…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. give windows 10 the the display and personalization of windows 7

i am almost blind and windows 10 is not blind friendly windows 7 was fantastic for us blind people could you add bold text feature or made the display and personalization settings like windows 7? since the change from 7 to 10 on january 14th i am having a very hard time using my computer the magnyfier on the computer is not good it takes up to much of the screen plus you only see a small amount and moving it back and forth trying to read makes me dizzy with 7 i could use the computer just fine with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. disable touchpad of labtop

Hi, please add a feature that can disable touchpad to avoid movingmouce cursor when a blind user is working with his or her computer. I suggest that make a separate app so, all windows users can use it. best.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hearing Aid Features on Win10 and Surface Pro

To include a ‘hearing aid’ feature option on Windows 10 and Surface Pro’s to seamlessly connect to hearing aids when using Microsoft Teams. This feature is already available on iPhones but makes conference & content sharing views difficult to see.

https://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/iphone/hearing/

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add Sound control panel back to the icon. It's less convenient to access it through the "Open Sound settings" window

Please add Sound control panel back to the volume icon. It's less convenient to access it through the "Open Sound settings" window.
    I use this feature many times a day and I don't like the change

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base