Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook 2016 expanded preview Of Messages

In outlook 10 that I use at work with JAWS, the messages are read in several preview lines before I have to open it. I don't like the way it has been shortened to only reading 3 lines; it makes the reading of email cumbersome. Please put Outlook back the way it was in Outlook 2010

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option to Runas Administrator for windows installer package

In the latest stable builds there in Windows Defender Ransomware Protection introduced... But for the Protected Folders List, Windows Installer Throw an Error (Error Code 2503 and 2502) when Try to Install and Uninstall msi pkg...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Users who are legally blind have a depth issue and in turn cannot see any 3-D. How can we make this accessible for legally blind users

Users who are legally blind have a depth issue and in turn cannot see any 3-D. How can we make this accessible for legally blind users

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please include Beeline Reader

Beeline Reader is a plugin enabling readers to make text readable with a click of a button.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change system fonts for dyslexic assessability. Include system font(s) such as open dyslexic for folks.

Tool in settings to change system fonts such as open dyslexic for explorer and edge.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please stop the incessant updates.

An occasional update would have been bearable. But these update notifications just. wont. stop. And despite all the "warnings" and the schedule changes i make, sometimes it just restarts on its own eating away my time when i most need it. I don't know if it's too late for window 10, but please just finish your product and be done with it the next time if its possible. Badger people who want to updates and leave those perfectly fine with a basic version alone. Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I suggest that, if possible, you should find a way to identify disabled people, and offer windows 10 free, but without having it public.

I suggest that, if possible, you should find a way to identify disabled people, and offer windows 10 free, but without having it public. I think that it should work with a link sent through mail, or a key, if you don't want healthy people to use the free option.
    There are people like me, who were under a rock or so, and found out only recently that windows 10 was released. Sadly, not all countries give disabled people enough money to get windows licences. That's why I ask, if possible, for those people to get help. Right now i'm…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please allow Outlook 2016 to say "message"

I am trying to make Outlook 2016 the best screen reader it can be for people who are blind or visually impaired, or for others with disabilities.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add beeline to all your products or even include it pre installed as a setting in windows

Would love it if you included beeline in as an extension/plugin for all of your products, or even better incorporated it directly into the windows system so that it could be used w/ all system fonts/text & make it configurable via ease of access or perhaps display settings. After first the beeline chrome extension & then the pdf plugin I can wholeheartedly say this is one of the coolest & truly helpful tools in increasing not only my reading speeds but comprehension as well. I've tried many different speed reading tools, software & techniques, some of which were good, but…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. equalizer in Windows

Make Windows more accessible to hard of hearing persons.
    So that it be adjusted to the hearing loss of the user.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Use NVDA instead of Narrator to install Windows 10

I want to be able to use NVDA during Windows 10 Installation because Narrator is sometimes lagging or doesn't read all Information that's being displayed on the Screen.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix your online accessory... I keep getting a loop.. I want to close one account but the program WILL NOT LET ME !!!

I have been trying for SEVERAL days to close an account, and I keep getting in a loop. The email on file is closed, removed, gone. I want to change my account password and my EMAIL ADDRESS !!!! but your program will not let me. So now I'll now have to pay 10.00 BECAUSE of your program..

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Go back to having an email contacts. Sometimes it is just a lot easier to email, especially if I want to attach a screen print.

Why not go back to being able to contact you by EMAIL?? Sometimes we like to attach something to explain the problem better.
    I'm afraid you've lost the idea of "Ease of Access" or at least for help.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. an opt-in feature for more visible ctrls w/ Edge [ when large screen display ]

an opt-in feature for more visible ctrls w/ Edge [ when large screen display is used ]

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Windows has poorer accessibility for people with low vision

I have macular degeneration, and I use a 29-inch HD monitor with Magnifier on in the inverted color mode to improve readability of documents (all have black text on a white surface). When I use Magnifier to increase a 6 or 8 point a fund to the size of a 16-point font, the result is ragged-looking and hard to read. The Microsoft speech recognition tutorial was hard to use because I had to magnify the readings until their raggedness make it hard to read them. If I am working with a dark-themed website that has small text, I can’t magnify…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add de-neo ergonomic Keyboard layout to default Windows installation

Add the german "Neo ergonomisch optimiert" keyboard layout (comparable to Dvorjak which is already shipped with windows).
    This can be installed already by individual users, a default install would help with switching machines often or workplace machines without admin rights.
    http://neo-layout.org/

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I too have a disability

I was in a horrific accident 4 years ago. I’m now paralyzed from the waist down. I have not mastered my core strength yet so I spend a lot of time laying in bed or sitting in my wheelchair. My problem is I need an idea on how to ***** my laptop on my lap so I can access the keyboard and see the screen without straining my neck. Also while I am sitting in my wheelchair I tend to fight with the issue of my laptop sliding off of my lap. Any ideas you have to help me would…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep doing disability support!

it is excellent, i have epilepsy and get stressed out. Thank you!! MS support 24/7 is wonderful!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)