Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I suggest you to introduce a special theme for people with low vision who do not require inverted colors or high contrast. All they need is

I suggest you to introduce a new special windows theme for people with low vision who do not require inverted colors or high contrast. All they need is larger font sizes and white text on black background. It was very easy to change all the appearances in Windows XP and older versions. However, in newer versions like windows 7, 10 etc. , the blind user has to depend on others to change the appearances in order to begin using the computer. therefore, it would be highly beneficial if an accessibility button is introduced on the desktop so that a user…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make seeing AI app available in Australia and also on Android

This is a brilliant app for users with vision impairments, reading and mobility difficulties. Please enable access in Australia

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Your

Your system gives no chance to stop an order. Pls help me to stop my order. I have not used this service for almost 3 years. Pls help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Key Binding

When purchasing a windows 8 computer, you will see some keys that don't work anymore on the windows 10 operating system. Please add a bind keys option to assign keys on the keyboard to do a action or open a app

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I am photosensitive. Extremely sensitive to light, so I prefer dark screens. Allow more darkness via a secondary program.

I am photosensitive. Extremely sensitive to light, so I prefer dark screens. Allow more darkness via a secondary program.

Blue colors are higher in energy, thus photosensitive people don't want the screen dark only, but brown-yellowish to cut-off the high frequencies.

My intelligence is normal and I use the Photoshop for short periods.
    When I finalize a picture, I usually keep it dark, but without that brown-yellowish effect in order I control the output. So an on/off button to the high-cut filter (or blue cut-off filter) would be useful.

People are photosensitive due to:
    1. disease (genetical, viral, bacterial, hormonal…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make it so only professionals can fix your computer and earse files and documents on it

make it harded for just anyone to delete history and files and documents let the professions have the only capability to fix it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop needs ergonomic number pad.

We purchased one of these kits and have found that the numeric pad being separate is in no way ergonomic laying flat on the table and moves easily when being used resulting in a lot of errors which for us as accountants is a big issue. The existing number pad in the kit appears more like an after thought given the attention to design put into the keyboard itself.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. My Samsung S7 phone has a microphone symbol on its soft keyboard and does a great job entering words that I speak to email or text msg abou

My Samsung S7 phone has a microphone symbol on its soft keyboard and does a great job entering words that I speak to email or text msg about anywhere. I have ALS and this feature on W10 would be a great help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have a Special Education Teacher on your design and development team

As a special education teacher, I have several ideas for using your products in a classroom with students with a variety of disabilities. If myself or another special educator could help with design and development of programs and accessibility of those programs, we could really reach the school-age population and provide them tools to be successful!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There should be localized versions of this page

This website would be very useful for people with disabilities around the world if it was available in more languages by changing the en-us in the URL to for instance de-de for German, like with many other Microsoft webpages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More and advanced mouse settings (speed and acceleration)

Hi.

It would be helpful if there were more mouse settings in Windows - not only in software provided by mouse manufacturer. A possibility to set speed and acceleration to nearly whatever value you need.

And why do I think it's important?

There are many people very used to their mouses. To the point when they can't use any other (or can't find any). Sometimes it happens when a person has a disease that changes his or her anatomy. Not every software provides needed options and some old mouses' software doesn't even work anymore.

It would be just a possibility…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. keyboard on screen

i want on keyboard on screen have or include mouse pad, ink workplace, and taskview button

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. keyboard on touch

i like one keyboard arrang on vertical direction and button function for horizontal move left or right, or corner

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. put in an update to windows 10 that can fix the spotlight feature on lockscreen. i lost mine, but did capture some

recapture the lockscreen spotlight pictures, several ideas are out there but a simple fix could be made. come on Microsoft

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Closed Captioning for all Microsoft videos

Please provide Closed Captioning for all Microsoft videos in the Microsoft Educator Community making all content more widely accessible.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Eyesight is not good. I have custom fonts and they are very large. The Microsoft Accessibiity page is the first page to be really off...

Having these light bacground pages causes my vision to be worse, making my eyes burn as being light blinded. High Contrast can help temporarily but even those settings can hurt eyes after a little while. The pages seem shiny. What we need is a matte finish with a slightly duller color. Say gray or light brown. I'm pretty partial to a light wine or rust color. Eyes feel better on other pages that I am able to do Custom, the way I like.
    I'm sure everyone is different, but it's nice that you work at trying to help us. I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Contacted Windows help today. Virtual help is no help at all. Second had chat with agent for problem. #1409556662, cannot connect bluetooth.

Was sent to a site called PC First aid. Did this a few weeks ago to up date my drivers. Purchased what I thought was a years service. They want more money to up date my drivers again, they are supposed to keep them up dated for a year. What kind of scam are you runing?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. You are not providing support for dyslexics

I am a Windows software developer, but I am also mildly dyslexic. A friend of mine is very dyslexic and has an even bigger problem than I do with this issue.

One of the hallmarks of dyslexia is we navigate the world through patterns and when the patterns change, it messes up our world. Whenever Microsoft changes interface on programs or Windows, it messes me up until I learn the new patterns. When I'm working, it cuts my productivity in half for weeks.

I tend to stay well behind the software release curve because of it. I still use Office…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base