Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Icons Not Large Enough on Taskbar - Or Desktop for Low Vision - File Explorer Itself has Text too Small - Limited Contrast Options

Although some icons in W10 can be enlarged, it is not enough. Shortcuts on the Desktop need option to be even larger; same in Tiles.

Need to allow Taskbar Icons to be enlarged. You can expand the Taskbar and make it wider, but not the icons.

There is a need to have "global" change from the top down menu for Extra Large Icons for folders within File Explorer. Am having to change them folder by folder rather than having them all change from the top down;

With the File Explorer open, you can show Extra Large Icons, but the sidebar…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Everytime I get an automatic change/update in programs-Why do I lose my info?

Every time I get an update, new program, correction from Microsoft,
    Google or Norton Security I lose files, information, passwords, and in general it really messes me up. I am not able to learn or rermember
    as much as , or someone with an average memory (stroke years ago)
    But I know when I've done something to my computer and when changes to the computer have caused problems. My last problem was
    caused (can't prove it) by my website company. They came in to see why my computer wouldn't hold the signal for wi-fi connection I now have lost files,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. need support email address for hearing impaired

M/S Support needs to provide an email address for those who are hearing impaired. I have no other way of reaching you and getting help on your products (your AI interfaces don't work)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please Support Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control

Currently on the list of supported devices for Microsoft Eye Control, Tobii 4C is listed. However, Tobii no longer makes 4C and has upgraded to the 5 model. I cannot use my Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control due to the drivers nor being supported, yet I am unable to purchase a 4C due to them being discontinued. All other supported items cost hundreds of dollars more. Please support Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. accessibility for teams and visually impaired elementary students?

more of a question, how to make Microsoft Teams accessible for visually impaired students who have not learned the keyboard yet. He can not get on to Teams independently or navigate to the meetings on his calendar without additional assistance from someone who can see the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bugs With Windows Eye Control

They are some keys on the Windows Eye Control that don't generate the correct scancodes, which don't work with certain applications that expect correct scancodes. For example, pressing F11 on most browsers will bring the browsers fullscreen. F11 key (along with many other keys) are broken. They send the correct virtualkeys but not scancodes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. question

While using MS teams, in a meeting with students, teaching remotely how can I show material or information to a deaf student while I am simultaneously signing so they can see me while I explain to the students what they are viewing. Often its vocabulary words, or a short story and we are reading it together.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. zoomtext and teams

I use Zoomtext with full screen magnification and this works well for pretty much most things however am having issues with Teams. I don't use a screen reader as i'm also deaf, so am relying solely on magnification. In Teams the toolips and popups that are continuously appearing on mouseover obscure what you're trying to read. In a video meeting, the captioning disappears before you can finish reading it - as you have to move the screen around to read it with the level of magnification I use. Is there a way to have toe captioning appear in its own…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve VoiceOver Labels in Remote Desktop Mobile for iOS

Please improve the labels for the buttons and other controls in the iOS version of Remote Desktop Mobile when used with VoiceOver. The experience is quite good right now, but there are some controls with weird labels or those that are unlabeled. VoiceOver attempts to provide automatic descriptions for these, but they should be properly labeled. I am using version 10.1.2 of the client.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please bring back set aside tabs

Hi,

Can you please bring back the set aside tabs function of edge. I have ADHD, Autsim and more only diagnosed in the past few years (I'm 42) which affect my working memory in particular, as well as general organisation and feeling overloaded.

Despite not knowing why I found things hard, I still managed to get through uni and become a teacher.

When I'm on a roll researching something, I'll flit from one page to another as I often research one part of a topic and read what multiple people say about the same thing. (When I was younger I…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix the Teams transcription tool

Please fix the transcription tool in Teams! It garbles sentences and inserts bizarre words into the transcripts of Teams meetings, making it useless as an accessibility aid.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Theme customization in Windows 10

\Windows 7 had a beautiful setup to customize themes. It allowed the setting of font types, font sizes, application background colors, menu colors, scroll bar colors.

Windows 10 has none of this. I am very near sighted, 20/150. The Windows 7 features were a god send.

Maybe some historical perspective would help...

In 1969, man landed on on the moon using technology far behind what is currently available.

Why is it more difficult, than landing on the moon, to put in good, robust theme customization tools?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. fix the stickykeys issue that has been present since XP and reported numerous times by many

Issue present in Win XP, 7, 8, 10 (including latest fast ring)

Summary
    When using sticky keys on windows 10, the left and right sides control (ctrl), Alt and shift keys are independently activated without a visual display or sound, making it clear enoughdifficult to distinguish between left and right sides. Further when activating the right hand side sticky keys with the setting of double press activate (push the key twice and it not only toggles but it holds down the key pushed indefinitely) it can be override by the left keys one push if the right key was the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The "Email accessibility help" button to email the Enterprise Disability Answer Desk is not working.

I have a question that I wanted to send to the Enterprise Disability Answer Desk but on their web page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/enterprise-answer-desk) the "Email accessibility help" button does not work.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Offer the option of moving the 'Search' box back to its original position

Moving the search box to the title bar has proven disruptive to people on the autisitc spectrum, because people have got so used to its previous position over many years. Microsoft needs to offer the previous option of the search box residing in the tab area. It is extremely diffficult when Microsft makes changes to the display layout in its software but then doesn't allow one to revert back to a previous layout that people have been used to!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable Windows Navigation by Numbers; Provide Voice Control of Windows Desktop & Apps by Enumerating all Visible Selectable Objects

Google provided Android users with full control of Android when Google implemented voice access back in 2016.

A video of what needs to be implemented for Windows can be seen at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIDaz4Nm5lE
    (Completely hands-free control with Voice Access for Android)

As per the video demonstration, each time the user navigates to a new page, every selectable object on the page is assigned a unique number.
    To select an object all a user has to do is to say the number for the object they wish to select - simples!

With regard to Windows, when navigation by numbers is selected, every…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hearing Aid Features on Win10 and Surface Pro

To include a ‘hearing aid’ feature option on Windows 10 and Surface Pro’s to seamlessly connect to hearing aids when using Microsoft Teams. This feature is already available on iPhones but makes conference & content sharing views difficult to see.

https://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/iphone/hearing/

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A better update interface.

The current windows 10 update interface is just basic. It'd be great if I could see what's the network speed in which the update is downloading, the time required to finish it, and more.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base