Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Worked with MSC 40yr don't need "V agent" DELAY=need Chat/disabled !

Been MEMBER CODE BLUE TEAM=responsible. Worked with MSC for 40yrs in healthcare and having been hit(out of the blue) with RARE and deadly form of Arthritis I know how to get the answer quickly. Being delayed is PAINFUL and frustrating (since I am loosing vision=GOING BLIND! I don't need repetitive sales pitches; main point is repetitive. I will gladly enter a "chat" forum for programmers/developers for an answer to a simple e-mail change. Sincerely, Dr DF
    P.S. Maybe have an initial question as,,, HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD/WORKED WITH MSC PRODUCTS: <1yr. etc. Tx

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows 10 Photos App *& video editor)

Windows 10 Photo app
    My suggestion is geared towards the video editing feature of this app. Attention to screen reader accessibility is needed here, especially when it comes to scene order. Trimming and slicing videos could also be made significantly more intuitive. As part of my work, I am asked to create video demos of screen reader behavior and it is extremely :

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Help with passwords

I am trying to access my mums HP Stream device but she has forgotten her password (she has dementia). I have filled in forms with as much detail as we can but keep being told we have insufficient info to reset her password. Your form and questions only cater for those who have used several passwords or can remember them. My mum can’t. Please help me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft sway - automated closed captioning

Please provide automated closed captioning tools audio cards in Microsoft Sway. I really like this tool, but I need to make all of my materials accessible for students. Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. to help the disabled cope with computer Windows problems with the helpdesk be able to do this via remote access to people's computers

to help the disabled cope with computer Windows problems with the helpdesk be able to do this via remote access to people's computersto assist with problems

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Suggestion: 'Finalize' button when user clicks submit -

Recently, I saw a sudden downhill in the way Microsoft forms functions; when I used Microsoft Forms to submit a very important test paper, I needed to upload a file (PDF). But (this is my fault partially), I used the touchscreen to upload a file, except that I couldn't; since I was careless and clicked the 'submit' button instead of the 'upload' button. The mistake costed me an entire 3 hours of regret and a loss of 12 marks from my exam paper out of 20 marks. I suggest that to prevent this from happening to any other innocent person…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SharePoint: A number of issues on Windows desktop

A number of the menu items in the primary and secondary navigation ribbons are not keyboard accessible and do not receive visual focus.

• Tab does not work on Edit.

• Tab does not work on secondary menu after Home (Must use left right navigation buttons)

• Unable to exit an expanded menu item with keyboard only

WebAim: Elements with negative tabindex values cannot receive focus using the keyboard's tab key. Users who cannot use a mouse due to a disability and users who prefer a keyboard use the tab key as a primary means of navigation. Keyboard users may not be able…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hearing Aid Features on Win10 and Surface Pro

To include a ‘hearing aid’ feature option on Windows 10 and Surface Pro’s to seamlessly connect to hearing aids when using Microsoft Teams. This feature is already available on iPhones but makes conference & content sharing views difficult to see.

https://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/iphone/hearing/

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. hi guys have a big problem with display sizing with 4k boxed windows still show super small text? i can not use many programs because of it

hi guys i seen few others asking about this display small text and overly large other items on 4k display it worked 1607 up to 1709 can you please bring it back so i can use my tv guide and see what is displayed have been battling this for months now when will we see this update is my question? we are all stuck at home with not a lot to do please help us make it a little more comfortable. thank you

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There's no option to select taskbar/short time in hh:mm:ss format, I need to see time in the TASKBAR in hh:mm:ss w/o clicking to see clock.

View long format time in taskbar without having to click on clock (collapses my other programs I have up when I click on the clock to view the long time) should be allowed to change the format of the clock in the task bar to view long time rather than just the short time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I think the accessibility features would be an amazing tool to be able to use for those of us with vision loss and deafness.

However, I for one refuse to use anything in Ease of Access because for reasons unknown to me, once you turn those features on, it restricts your ability to customize your laptop via background colors, themes, etc. I tried Ease of Access long ago, and when I found what happened, I immediately turned off all features, but my laptop seemed ruined permanently just for using the accessibility features no matter how hard I worked to try and customize my laptop again. So, that's my idea I'm presenting to you. I know I cannot be the only one that would love…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. fix magnifier bug windows 10

When using magnifier in full screen zoom it doestn zoom in toward the mouse anymore. Instead it zooms in to the left corner of the window you are using and often doesnt follow windows you are typing in. For some reason it bounces to the side so you are typing outside the magnifier window when zoomed in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. computer maintenance and protection.

I do know that Microsoft does offer computer protection and maintenance to people. For the sake of disabled people who would be on low income would it be possible to offer this service at a which used price knowing that many of these people are on quite low incomes?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. computer protection and help for the disabled

I have noticed that a very good speech recognition dictation app is available in office 365. Many disabled users may be unable financially to pay for this so I was wondering whether it could be sent to office users who would find it difficult type because of arthritis in the hands carpal tunnel and other similar disabilities. For those who are not able to purchase office could it be sent on application to their version of wordpad?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Paint

Please make available in MS Paint not 3D the option to move freely any selected area. This mean that if select a small area/text/shape cursor won't let you "grab it" and move it to the desired & final place.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Photosensitive epilepsy / flashing lights

I thought about this from a concert I went to on the weekend,

There could be more options for photosensitive and possibly other forms of epilepsy in Microsoft products, as TV shows and some video content may warn about flashing images but not all will.

I am curious if there is a way for flashing light warnings to be in accessibility checker or better yet in Windows itself with options for when flashing lights are detected or possibly a way to prevent flashing images from being displayed.

While I don't know too much about epilepsy, I believe these features could…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dynamics 365 - Connections Function

Making "Connections" in Dynamics is generally a slow, contact by contact process. It would very helpful if you could select a list of contacts (from a search or similar) and the "connect" them all to a a specified contact in a single step.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Resolving issues over phone only after basic troubleshooting doesn't work is largely inaccessible for people who cannot talk on the phone

It's very frustrating as a person with a disability that prevents me from using the phone that resolving issues that are more complex than answered on the FAQs forums require scheduling a support call.

How is a person who cannot talk on the phone supposed to talk on the phone?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bitlocker screen gives no indication that the eyesight impaired can use

My customer has many eyesight impaired users, but they also use Bitlocker with PIN on startup. The Bitlocker screen doesn't give these users any indication that they are on the Bitlocker screen and need to enter their pin.
    The screen times out after a short while, so the user never knows where they are in the process if they forget to count after pressing the power button or the machine doesn't respond in the expected way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base