Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inclusion of People withe 3rd Degree Burns; and people having Traumatic Brain Injury.

It is cumbersome for me to make use of my digits, e.g., fingers, due to scar tissue, and also because of neurological issues; the issues do not however rise to the level of my having a "tick' situation'"; this is more of a cautionary measure, taken, on my part; because I have borne first-hand witness (no pub intended) to individuals having their own circumstances, that are of a far worse sequelae, e.g. post-incident circumstance, than am I; Cf. Maryland Institute of Medicine, Baltimore, MD.; for exigent informations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Here's an idea for accesability! How about a COMPANY E:MAIL ADDRESS?

Here's an idea for accessibility! How about a COMPANY E:MAIL ADDRESS we can use when our E:Mail address of TWENTY YEARS gets blocked and after MULTIPLE attempts at your " authentication process" and multiple promises (BY YOU) to call with a code, you require me to open another account. Thereby losing ALL my E:Mails (some from deceased relatives) AND my contacts! WTH?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customer support too complicated

Today I went through numerous loops trying to speak with a human. FYI......your customer support online options does NOT cover everything. Things need to be less complicated. I tried to speak with someone about my son's account being suspended. His cousin literally logged into his account and sent inappropriate messages to people. I tried finding the call back feature......I can't find it. I tried to appeal the suspension, can't find that option either. Things are too complicated and when calling the toll free number, there should ALWAYS be an option to speak with a human. Online does not always help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Setting timing length for notifications should be in Ease of Access

Timing length for notifications should be in Ease of Access. By the time I have processed a notification it is gone before it sinks in. I think somewhere notification timing can be set... yet I cannot find it when I look for it. It should be in Ease of Access.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. An option to change cursor at the Paint 3D software, very much needed for vision impairment

The cursor at the Paint and Paint 3D is very hard to recognize for people with vision impairment We need an option to use an adapted cursor which the user uses with other programs, like Philip's Large Coloured Cursors. http://www.philip-henderson.co.uk/cursor.shtml

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hard of Hearing, Microphone only input.

I am practically deaf and rely on hearing aids everyday for general life. I moved across the country and my friends from home and I typically like to game. I haven't come across a good headset that I can hear without turning the volume all the way up. Thats not the problem. The problem is that when I do that, my friends get way too much feedback. I am currently using the Plantronics RIG 800LX (may not be the best mic, but it's always a problem, have had a few over the years). When I turn it all the way…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. when I inverted colors (black background and white test) the text is low brightness, you need to make it more brightness and higher contrast

when I use a dark mode or inverted color, the text looks like low brightness. from my experience in using Macbook, I solved this problem by calibrated color LCD by increasing the size of "desc" from 98 to 111, and decreasing the size of "dscm" (mluc) from 1050 to 68.
    is there any why to have high brightness text like mac?

note* I have very poor vision and I need to use a full-screen magnifier and inverted color mood
    more brightness more comfortable and accessable to me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Disable updates Windows 10 Home

The support team said i could post my feedback here

Can the developer team come up with a patch or tool to disable windows update permenantly like windows 7

Reason to disable : i only have 5gb monthly mobile data

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Are you open to presenting a Washington State ABLE webinar? ABLE allows individuals with disabilities to save money for qualified disabilit

ABLE Qualified Expenses
    Expenses which help improve health, independence and/or quality of life:
     Education
     Housing
     Basic Living Expenses
     Transportation
     Employment Training & Support
     Assistive Technology
     Personal Support Services
     Health, Prevention & Wellness
     Financial Management
     Legal Fees

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. offer more help & support for people with learning problems.

Offer more help & advice for people with learning problems like myself. I was told I have GOT to change from windows 8.1 to windows 10, even though I struggle to use windows 10. I can only use windows 8.1, but am being forced away from my computer. This I feel,is discrimination.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is there a way I can order the Microsoft cards that are titled 'Empowerment begins with inclusion'

Very general question - Is there a way to order the Microsoft cards that say 'Empowerment begins with inclusion'? On the back are 6 ways to create inclusive content in Office 365. The Disability Answer Desk referred me here. We would like to hand out these cards for Global Accessibility Awareness Day on May 16.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I'm an ATP working with people with complex physical access needs. Can we please have Switch Access to Windows added to Ease of Access?!

While we all love Eye Control and the potential for unlocking people's Access to their computers, Switch and Scan is still a very common method for many users with significant physical disabilities for whom eye gaze technology is not suitable . It's also present and well executed in MacOSX , iOS, and recent Android builds - please add integrated Switch Access to the Ease of Access Center !

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Just sent a simple basic question and Microsoft supported apps and subscription I currently pay monthly fee that I have keep active

Simply, I didn't waste my precious time that I have already wasted and paid over the average cost either and I paid for personally without any support from any organization or support group of any that I qualify to be a member and exceeding the standard of routine process or requirements of all and still am since I handled my basic question? Can I just convert this new pc back to windows 7 and install my chrome browser and apps that I have collected and am familiar and comfortable with using? I am a severe double sided TBI patient with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Upgrades to disability software

Every time I am forced to upgrade my OS and often the accessibility software I am using does not support the OS change. I end up having to buy both the OS and the accessibility software. I started way back with windows 3.1 (loved Netscape!) then 95, 98 and now 7 professional. Accessibility upgrades were required 3.1 to 95, 95 to 98 and 98 to 7 professional along with 3 desktop purchases. When is Microsoft going to stop busting my budget with upgrades?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. At 82 years old and a polio survivor I wondered if I would survive replacing an email password. Mara help solve the problem! Horay!

For those of us who are 82 and Polio survivors, passwords are detrimental to our health. It has been known to cause systolic blood pressure of 150 and pain. I was just fortunate to have Mara to help solve the problem?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft.com Navigation

This probably isn't the best place for this but I just wanted to tell the web developers of microsoft.com, THANK YOU!!! Finally a site with some beautiful options to navigate! I love the "all microsoft" mega menu button and I LOVE the site map! This is a great user experience for ALL users disabled, young, old, etc. It is also great for SEO and accessibility and it is out of the way for those who would rather follow the newer "pathways" strategy of web marketing. I am a developer and my company is trying to 'get rid' of our navigation…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The auto or the interpersonal touch does not work. When i present a problem the automated system could not help and NOTHING WAS EVER RESOLVE

More people instead of a automated system. You can't fix difficult problems when they arise. I can not get on my XBOX.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. disable auto-hide of touch keyboard when usb/laptop keyboard is pressed

it's useful for typing in secondary languages to look at an on-screen keyboard. Macs do it. its possible to use image files but this would be smoother and at a system level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I am on the autistic spectrum and am having considerable difficulty recovering my password due to how complex and limiting your system is.

Let me be able to deal with a person or contact directly without having to log into my account, as this is the very problem I am having so the system seems broken. Make it easier to recover passwords/access accounts and don't block people out of them for attempting to recover multiple times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Eye Control - Eye control Keyboard (more languages - Greek preferably)

The eye control keyboard is in EN-US keyboard only. More languages please (Greek preferably)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base