Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Icons Not Large Enough on Taskbar - Or Desktop for Low Vision - File Explorer Itself has Text too Small - Limited Contrast Options

Although some icons in W10 can be enlarged, it is not enough. Shortcuts on the Desktop need option to be even larger; same in Tiles.

Need to allow Taskbar Icons to be enlarged. You can expand the Taskbar and make it wider, but not the icons.

There is a need to have "global" change from the top down menu for Extra Large Icons for folders within File Explorer. Am having to change them folder by folder rather than having them all change from the top down;

With the File Explorer open, you can show Extra Large Icons, but the sidebar…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. accessibility for teams and visually impaired elementary students?

more of a question, how to make Microsoft Teams accessible for visually impaired students who have not learned the keyboard yet. He can not get on to Teams independently or navigate to the meetings on his calendar without additional assistance from someone who can see the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Customize app notification sound in Windows

It would be nice if we could change the notification sound of a specific app. Ex: I would like to put a different sound on my MS Teams notifications so that it's clear when I receive a message!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Different Application Colors in Office 365

I wish I could upload an image. My suggestion is to change the colors for the application icons in the online Office 365 view. Sway and SharePoint, for example, are the same color with an S. Only the shape distinguishes the two. I have clicked on Sway when I wanted SharePoint on more than one occasion. Forms is also the same color and since the Forms/Sway icons are similar shape, that too is deceiving at times. One Drive and Outlook are next to one another and both blue but at least the icons are different enough (cloud and no letter…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Scrolling underline or windox box please

as I age reading is getting to be a bit of a challenge since I do read rather dense materials. All Im looking for at this point is either a line that I move with my mouse as I read or a window box that does the same. thx

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. VISUAL ONSCREEN INDICATOR

Acer Swift SF314-57G (Device name: LAPTOP -0AMLCVEL)

When the Caps Lock is turned on, I would like some visual indicator on screen.

Please see the following comment posted a month ago on - https://community.windows.com/en-us/videos/windows-101-how-to-turn-on-windows-10-caps-lock-indicator/89JCZvPuJ6s

This has been on the feedback Center for months and nothing has been done about it. So... you are saying that deaf people have to guess whether they are typing a password in Capitals or lowercase and are not entitled to the same amount of ease as a person of hearing..

Sincerely hope there would be some actions taken to improve the user experience.

Santhosh Jose

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Introducing a new setting for battery usage

Nowadays many of the users of windows use laptops which is powered by battery. But I did not find any SETTINGS to see how I used the battery, consumed battery percentage of applications or screen on time. But for effective usage, I think these statistics is needed.
    Hope to see this things.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Outlook glitch

Sometimes when I am in Outlook, new messages come in and they hide some messages in my Inbox. JAWS is unable to show me that the hidden messages in the Inbox are still there and there is the possibility of
    accidentally deleting them.

would you be willing to see what you can do to correct this problem? Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bing search bar

The Bing search bar was a great innovation and its now gone. Before you change something, think of our ease of use. Please give us the option of putting it on our desktop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Everytime I get an automatic change/update in programs-Why do I lose my info?

Every time I get an update, new program, correction from Microsoft,
    Google or Norton Security I lose files, information, passwords, and in general it really messes me up. I am not able to learn or rermember
    as much as , or someone with an average memory (stroke years ago)
    But I know when I've done something to my computer and when changes to the computer have caused problems. My last problem was
    caused (can't prove it) by my website company. They came in to see why my computer wouldn't hold the signal for wi-fi connection I now have lost files,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Activate windows

Screen is overly bright for normal display but extremely dark for games. I personalized to try an balance, but the second try tells me to activate windows, but it is already activated. Win 10 is not as user friendly as Win 7 and Win 7 was not as user friendly as Win 98.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically enable audio for Hyper-V virtual machines when using screen readers.

Although I have very limited experience using Hyper-V, my understanding is that audio is not available when connecting to a virtual machine using Hyper-V Manager. I have read about an Enhanced Session Mode, but this must be manually enabled on Windows Server and it does not appear to pass audio back to the host machine unless RDP is enabled in the Windows virtual machine.

Can you see the problem here? How is a totally blind person supposed to independently configure a virtual machine if audio cannot be used until a setting in the virtual machine itself is enabled? If a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make a clear and simple way to disable palm rejection

I can’t find any simple way to disable palm rejection in Windows 10 making it impossible for me to use the trackpad and keyboard simultaneously. This is ridiculous and severely limits accessibility for those with one hand. Please just make this an option that is clear. Just a simple on or off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Suggestion: 'Finalize' button when user clicks submit -

Recently, I saw a sudden downhill in the way Microsoft forms functions; when I used Microsoft Forms to submit a very important test paper, I needed to upload a file (PDF). But (this is my fault partially), I used the touchscreen to upload a file, except that I couldn't; since I was careless and clicked the 'submit' button instead of the 'upload' button. The mistake costed me an entire 3 hours of regret and a loss of 12 marks from my exam paper out of 20 marks. I suggest that to prevent this from happening to any other innocent person…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display settings

The control panel settings page needs to be larger to begin with. I need to grocery shop on line, it was difficult to see what choices were available. If those of us visually impaired could read the existing font to adjust to larger, we wouldn't need to do this. It's common sense really.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Accessibility Improvements MS Teams inTablet App for Educational Use

My children are both doing remote learning using MS Teams on school-provided iPads. There are three critical improvements that are needed to improve accessibility for young children (but they would also greatly help other users such as those with disabilities and some elderly users):
    1) The user needs to be able to "pin" the toolbar to the bottom of the screen so it stays visible or, better yet, set that as a preference in the Settings. It's difficult for a kindergartner to get that toolbar to come up quickly enough to answer a teacher's question.
    2) The meeting host (i.e.,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reading functionalities have been disabled because no compatible voice was found

Microsoft Magnifier "Reading functionalities have been disabled because no compatible voice was found"
    How to fix this?

Tried launching Narrator and it is working. I can choose different Narrator voices. It's the Magnifier Reader that is greyed out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Captcha

Make Captcha accessable to visually impaired user.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. typing echo

Can you add typing feedback to Windows? I imagine this would work similar to the Typing Feedback feature on the iPhone. When enabled it would speak each character as the key is pressed aloud.

This is useful for low vision users who cannot see the keyboard but want audible confirmation they have pressed the right key.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base