Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Magnifying Glass Icon

When using the magnifier I prefer the magnifying glass icon over the box that Windows 10 currently has available, is there a way to remove just the update that installed the newest options for the magnifier? Is it possible to have the magnifying glass option re-added in future updates?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize app notification sound in Windows

It would be nice if we could change the notification sound of a specific app. Ex: I would like to put a different sound on my MS Teams notifications so that it's clear when I receive a message!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VISUAL ONSCREEN INDICATOR

Acer Swift SF314-57G (Device name: LAPTOP -0AMLCVEL)

When the Caps Lock is turned on, I would like some visual indicator on screen.

Please see the following comment posted a month ago on - https://community.windows.com/en-us/videos/windows-101-how-to-turn-on-windows-10-caps-lock-indicator/89JCZvPuJ6s

This has been on the feedback Center for months and nothing has been done about it. So... you are saying that deaf people have to guess whether they are typing a password in Capitals or lowercase and are not entitled to the same amount of ease as a person of hearing..

Sincerely hope there would be some actions taken to improve the user experience.

Santhosh Jose

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Outlook glitch

Sometimes when I am in Outlook, new messages come in and they hide some messages in my Inbox. JAWS is unable to show me that the hidden messages in the Inbox are still there and there is the possibility of
    accidentally deleting them.

would you be willing to see what you can do to correct this problem? Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bing search bar

The Bing search bar was a great innovation and its now gone. Before you change something, think of our ease of use. Please give us the option of putting it on our desktop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Everytime I get an automatic change/update in programs-Why do I lose my info?

Every time I get an update, new program, correction from Microsoft,
    Google or Norton Security I lose files, information, passwords, and in general it really messes me up. I am not able to learn or rermember
    as much as , or someone with an average memory (stroke years ago)
    But I know when I've done something to my computer and when changes to the computer have caused problems. My last problem was
    caused (can't prove it) by my website company. They came in to see why my computer wouldn't hold the signal for wi-fi connection I now have lost files,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. GPU INHANCED MAGNIFICATION

• GPU enhanced magnification (not only in full screen mode) to make everything more smooth.

• Make desktop scrollable rather than reducing the space in "docked mode".

• Add an option to center the mouse in the zoom area (full screen mode).

• Add a shortcut to quickly enable/disable zoom without having to close magnify.exe.

• Dual monitor support:

• desktop expansion

• clone (zoomed)

• clone (1x - with no zoom)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make magnification smoother and more natural

Make the magnification smoother and more natural, just like on macOS.
    Add more natural. voices to screen reader narrator.
    I don't really know how to explain that but the magnification, full screen, on macOS feels so natural and smooth, I think you guys could copy that and make it even better.
    Add a select to speak option, which the narrator will read only the selected text after you push a shortcut key.
    When zooming in and out with the mouse wheel, allow us to set up our preferred shortcut, some people don't like having to press two keys at the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I recently read about Otto Knoke and the Tobi Eye Tracker. Would you consider working on a affordable hearing aid.

I recently read the article about Otto Knoke and the Eye Tracker.
    After telling me I should wear a earing aid, my Otologist told me the price of good hearing aids. I gasp, and he said something like … It is a shame most people who would really benefit from these thing can't afford them. And there is no more technology in these and a simple cell phone, So, I was just wondering could you create a reasonably price Hearing Aid … so those of us that are missing out on a lot of what is going on around us…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give BETTER help & advice to disabled people. Take over facebook too, as we would be able to get help easier

It would be great if microsoft took over facebook. It would be better run & if us disabled people had a problem, we would get a better & quicker result in getting problems sorted out, unlike at present with facebook. They just do not respond to anything. Microsoft has ALWAYS put customers first, unlike facebook, they only care about themselves.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You must provide a way of turning off flashing adds.

AdChoice has flashing adds. This can cause seizures for those who have epilepsy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. User friendly for the Microsoft Rewards programme for non usa citizens/countries.

I would like to share the points obtained for browsing to charity as the idea of matching the contribution by Microsoft is a wonderful programme.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. first i terry

i terry ferguson terrenceferguson53@gmail.com would like to access my computer with this gmail and transfur google profile photo to my micro soft account i have been using this gmail to open computer Furgerson1% when my current gmail is terrenceferguson53@gmail.com need help to get it right in short im using to gmails to open one account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Tweak the Windows 10 Mail App to make it a little easier to use with a screen reader.

When pressing Control+y to open the list of folders, it should be possible to collapse the view containing the current account folders and expand another account like in Outlook. For example, I press Control+y to open the list of all folders. At the top of the list I'd have items for account 1 and account 2. Collapsing the view for account 1 would hide the Mail folders and allow me to down arrow to account 2 to quickly look at its messages. This is already possible in the Outlook desktop client, so it should be simple to port this feature…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Reduce ambient noise in the Disability Support Call Center

The Disability Support Call Center has a very high level of ambient. The causes are probably the usual: too much hard surface in the environment, too low or non-existent partitions, staff are not trained to speak normally, no established noise level expectations are set, no monitoring of noise and speech levels, no continuous improvement plan, and no coaching to meet expectations.

I have multiple disabilities, hearing is one of them. I wait as long as possible to call because I always have great difficulty understanding the support representative. The major problem can be fixed with no investment.

The problem is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a version of windows 10 with windows xp type gui

Some people preferred the older features and interface of windows xp that allowed for more customization, and control of windows. It would be nice if windows 10 had some kind of legacy mode, in which it would look more like the old windows and less like a fisher price product. Something as simple as an option that would disable useless stuff like cortana and give easier access to features like commands, event scheduling and more customization of the local OS. Another big thing would be having an option to disable all of the annoying online features like linking and one…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability to set notification sounds per app

Given that most smartphones have this ability, being able to change the sounds different app notifications make from the control center would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tiling Window Manager, Halmak, and Privacy/Security

I have quite a few ideas. First, and foremost, add a tiling window manager that’s built into Windows, and allow the user to choose between stacking, tiling, and hybrid (similar to BSPWM). Second, I would like to request that the Halmak layout gets added as an alternate layout built into the OS. And finally, I would highly suggest not using any strange back door software, so that users can have more privacy, while also being secure from hackers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add mouse wheel scrolling in Ease of access/mouse with keyboard

Hello Microsoft Accessibility Team,

Please add a mouse wheel scrolling function to Ease of access/Mouse with keyboard tool.
    As there is a tool to move the mouse cursor and click with left/right buttons in Ease of access, but the mouse wheel scrolling function is not availbe yet.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Gabor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bugs With Windows Eye Control

They are some keys on the Windows Eye Control that don't generate the correct scancodes, which don't work with certain applications that expect correct scancodes. For example, pressing F11 on most browsers will bring the browsers fullscreen. F11 key (along with many other keys) are broken. They send the correct virtualkeys but not scancodes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base