Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add beeline to all your products or even include it pre installed as a setting in windows

Would love it if you included beeline in as an extension/plugin for all of your products, or even better incorporated it directly into the windows system so that it could be used w/ all system fonts/text & make it configurable via ease of access or perhaps display settings. After first the beeline chrome extension & then the pdf plugin I can wholeheartedly say this is one of the coolest & truly helpful tools in increasing not only my reading speeds but comprehension as well. I've tried many different speed reading tools, software & techniques, some of which were good, but…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Surface Duo - Audio Streaming for Deaf and Hearing Impaired

I hope the Surface Duo team can implement direct audio streaming in Android 10 to hearing aids and the Cochlear Nucleus 7 sound processor for the deaf.

Apple iOS has had this capability for more than two years and Google Pixels now have it, including the new Pixel 4. No other Android devices have it.

"With the official release of Android 10, Google Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, and Pixel 3a XL* will be the first Android phones to support direct streaming to ReSound LiNX Quattro™ and Beltone Amaze™ hearing aids and the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor.…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I'm an ATP working with people with complex physical access needs. Can we please have Switch Access to Windows added to Ease of Access?!

While we all love Eye Control and the potential for unlocking people's Access to their computers, Switch and Scan is still a very common method for many users with significant physical disabilities for whom eye gaze technology is not suitable . It's also present and well executed in MacOSX , iOS, and recent Android builds - please add integrated Switch Access to the Ease of Access Center !

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Implement scanning access for switch users to Windows please.

While the new Eye Control is a game changer for many people with physical access difficulties, it doesn't necessarily t work for folk that may need switch access through the OS. Currently only third party programs can do this via floating onscreen keyboards (ACAT, Grid 3, Communicator 5) - but a more elegant and robust solution would be to allow access directly to OS UI elements. An alternative might be to implement a basic and customisable onscreen keyboard in Ease of Access that allowed interaction with Windows (perhaps even bring ACAT radar mouse control into Win10?.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make the onscreen keyboard available on the Bitlocker password login screen

I have a physical disability and rely on using the onscreen keyboard to type. Currently (as far as I know) the onscreen keyboard is only available on the Bitlocker decrypt screen when using a touch screen. Please make this keyboard available to use with the mouse also.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows has poorer accessibility for people with low vision

I have macular degeneration, and I use a 29-inch HD monitor with Magnifier on in the inverted color mode to improve readability of documents (all have black text on a white surface). When I use Magnifier to increase a 6 or 8 point a fund to the size of a 16-point font, the result is ragged-looking and hard to read. The Microsoft speech recognition tutorial was hard to use because I had to magnify the readings until their raggedness make it hard to read them. If I am working with a dark-themed website that has small text, I can’t magnify…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Extend access to Windows 10 for the disabled.

Microsoft should extend free access to Windows 10 for the disabled and give clearer notice of its expiration. There are many disabled who were unaware of the deadline. Windows 10 has additional features for helping disabled persons. In addition, it is clearly in Microsoft's interest to have as many people using Windows 10 as possible.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. screen reader picking up chat box messages during Teams meetings

Hi there,

In a recent video meeting via Teams- a participant's screen reader (NVDA) was not able to pick up/notified when there were new messages written by other participants in the chat box. Their screen reader did pick up when someone had a raised hand, but not when there was a new message. Can you provide any advice on this?
    Thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A better update interface.

The current windows 10 update interface is just basic. It'd be great if I could see what's the network speed in which the update is downloading, the time required to finish it, and more.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Resolving issues over phone only after basic troubleshooting doesn't work is largely inaccessible for people who cannot talk on the phone

It's very frustrating as a person with a disability that prevents me from using the phone that resolving issues that are more complex than answered on the FAQs forums require scheduling a support call.

How is a person who cannot talk on the phone supposed to talk on the phone?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use NVDA instead of Narrator to install Windows 10

I want to be able to use NVDA during Windows 10 Installation because Narrator is sometimes lagging or doesn't read all Information that's being displayed on the Screen.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I suggest you to introduce a special theme for people with low vision who do not require inverted colors or high contrast. All they need is

I suggest you to introduce a new special windows theme for people with low vision who do not require inverted colors or high contrast. All they need is larger font sizes and white text on black background. It was very easy to change all the appearances in Windows XP and older versions. However, in newer versions like windows 7, 10 etc. , the blind user has to depend on others to change the appearances in order to begin using the computer. therefore, it would be highly beneficial if an accessibility button is introduced on the desktop so that a user…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improvements to On-Screen Keyboard

Here are a few suggestions for the on-screen keyboard:

-allow users to add words to the dictionary
    -add functionality for "abbreviation expansion" (allowing users to type a few letters that automatically expand into a longer string, such as an e-mail address or phrase)
    -allow users to customize the layout and color scheme
    -improve word prediction by learning the user's writing style
    -emoji!

Thanks!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please make seeing AI app available in Australia and also on Android

This is a brilliant app for users with vision impairments, reading and mobility difficulties. Please enable access in Australia

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. fix the stickykeys issue that has been present since XP and reported numerous times by many

Issue present in Win XP, 7, 8, 10 (including latest fast ring)

Summary
    When using sticky keys on windows 10, the left and right sides control (ctrl), Alt and shift keys are independently activated without a visual display or sound, making it clear enoughdifficult to distinguish between left and right sides. Further when activating the right hand side sticky keys with the setting of double press activate (push the key twice and it not only toggles but it holds down the key pushed indefinitely) it can be override by the left keys one push if the right key was the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bitlocker screen gives no indication that the eyesight impaired can use

My customer has many eyesight impaired users, but they also use Bitlocker with PIN on startup. The Bitlocker screen doesn't give these users any indication that they are on the Bitlocker screen and need to enter their pin.
    The screen times out after a short while, so the user never knows where they are in the process if they forget to count after pressing the power button or the machine doesn't respond in the expected way.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Needed feature: text masking/scrolling (for stroke/reading difficulties)

This would be helpful in Windows (all applications), or an App for iOS. I work with veterans who frequently have print disabilities due to stroke (hemianopsia or neglect). This makes reading in a crowded environment difficult. It would be helpful if there was a way to mask text so only one line appears at a time, with the option for text scrolling (like a TV ticker) to move text into their "reading view" without having to move their eyes. (This saccadic movement causes people to lose their place and not be able to retain what they have read).

In an…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Prioritize Narrator over Cortana in the Windows Out of Box Experience.

After Windows is installed, the Cortana experience guides someone through setting up Windows for the first time. Unfortunately, Narrator is unable to speak while Cortana is speaking. It is necessary to wait for a pause in the Cortana dialogue to use Narrator. This behavior is absolutely unacceptable and should be changed ASAP! Narrator should always take priority over anything else because it is a vital accessibility service.

If Cortana is jabbering away, enabling Narrator or using any command should immediately silence it and let Narrator take over. Cortana is not an accessibility service, so I truly do not understand why…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base