Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Closed Captioning for all Microsoft videos

Please provide Closed Captioning for all Microsoft videos in the Microsoft Educator Community making all content more widely accessible.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. typing echo

Can you add typing feedback to Windows? I imagine this would work similar to the Typing Feedback feature on the iPhone. When enabled it would speak each character as the key is pressed aloud.

This is useful for low vision users who cannot see the keyboard but want audible confirmation they have pressed the right key.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please Support Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control

Currently on the list of supported devices for Microsoft Eye Control, Tobii 4C is listed. However, Tobii no longer makes 4C and has upgraded to the 5 model. I cannot use my Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control due to the drivers nor being supported, yet I am unable to purchase a 4C due to them being discontinued. All other supported items cost hundreds of dollars more. Please support Tobii 5 with Microsoft Eye Control!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. make the dictation tool more accessible

When i use the dictation tool, there is no way I can switch it off and on using my voice. I can activate it, but once the bar is up there its not very user friendly. new paragraph

for example, I cannot correct my work or use any useful commands as you can see above.

Please could you make this tool as diverse as windows speech recognition? Wsr cannot be used in every situation and on every site. I'm having to use the dictation tool to do this, and it's very hard work! There needs to be more work on…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Windows 10 - File Explorer - Line height cropping at larger text size

I am raising this issue for a colleague. Please get in touch if you would like to get screenshots and discuss further.

· I am using Windows 10

• with 31 inch monitor. 

• The current display settings is set to 350% for accessibility reasons.
    • Under ease of access’, ‘make text bigger’ I set text size to ‘225%’.

Issues:

1. In File explorer, when I select the (preferred) view option to either ‘list’ or ‘details’, the text, whilst large enough, is bunched and cropped height wise, making it quite difficult to read and distinguish. Unfortunately, the other view options
    7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Difficulty reading the “non-robot” letters or numbers

If someone can’t read the automated log on assist, ie those letters and numbers u need to retype to show u are not a robot, a human should come on to help u after 3-5 missed tries. I could not read the automated symbols and finally had to call the disability line to get assistance as I could not find any other # to call

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Create an universal Framework for Accessibility

We need an universal product that groups all the Accessibility Features together like Microsoft Help. The Universal Tool (potential called Microsoft Accessibility) could collect all the Information (like ShortCut Keys, ...) for different Application (The complete Microsoft Application Stack). In that case, people that have to work with accessibility needed people will find in one place all the needed information to support. Some products produces a "Help" File, "PDF" Keystroke File, Readme, ... . This solution would be a unique all in one place solution.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Separate mouse and keyboard options 'Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen

Under 'Ease of Access' - 'Make the mouse easier to use' the option exists: 'Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen.'
    Under 'Make the keyboard easier to use', there is the same option. Exactly the same. If you tick one and Apply, the other gets ticked. If you untick one, the other is unticked. They are the same option.

I'm asking that they be separated. I don't want mouse to make window snap to the edges, I'd like to keep full control of where I mouse-move windows to.

But I'd like to keep…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Change How Your Mouse Works in Ease of Access on the login page.

Children in schools are blocked from accessing the Control Panel settings for various reasons. Therefore, on their own, they cannot change the tiny default mouse pointer to, let's say, Extra Large Black without have an IT Tech come out and login as an Administrator and make the change. This is very important for children with low vision since they often loose the location of the pointer. On the Login screen of Windows 10 you already have an Ease of Access button that allows anyone to use Magnifier, High Contrast etc., prior to login. Please also add the ability to make…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make Windows Mixed Reality accessible with screen readers

Make Windows Mixed Reality accessible with screen readers.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update the Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT) with its Color Contrast Analyzer to work with the Edge browser, (paciellogroup)

The WAT toolbar by Paciello group is on GitHub but no longer updated; the key features needed: Color Contrast Analyzer and structure tools such as the tab indicator, display of tab order, display of headings.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Narrator should have a pause function

A very common function that people need is to have their text-to-speech app pause and then continue from where it was paused

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. need support email address for hearing impaired

M/S Support needs to provide an email address for those who are hearing impaired. I have no other way of reaching you and getting help on your products (your AI interfaces don't work)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Theme customization in Windows 10

\Windows 7 had a beautiful setup to customize themes. It allowed the setting of font types, font sizes, application background colors, menu colors, scroll bar colors.

Windows 10 has none of this. I am very near sighted, 20/150. The Windows 7 features were a god send.

Maybe some historical perspective would help...

In 1969, man landed on on the moon using technology far behind what is currently available.

Why is it more difficult, than landing on the moon, to put in good, robust theme customization tools?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. question

While using MS teams, in a meeting with students, teaching remotely how can I show material or information to a deaf student while I am simultaneously signing so they can see me while I explain to the students what they are viewing. Often its vocabulary words, or a short story and we are reading it together.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. zoomtext and teams

I use Zoomtext with full screen magnification and this works well for pretty much most things however am having issues with Teams. I don't use a screen reader as i'm also deaf, so am relying solely on magnification. In Teams the toolips and popups that are continuously appearing on mouseover obscure what you're trying to read. In a video meeting, the captioning disappears before you can finish reading it - as you have to move the screen around to read it with the level of magnification I use. Is there a way to have toe captioning appear in its own…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft sway - automated closed captioning

Please provide automated closed captioning tools audio cards in Microsoft Sway. I really like this tool, but I need to make all of my materials accessible for students. Thank you!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Windows 10 Photos App *& video editor)

Windows 10 Photo app
    My suggestion is geared towards the video editing feature of this app. Attention to screen reader accessibility is needed here, especially when it comes to scene order. Trimming and slicing videos could also be made significantly more intuitive. As part of my work, I am asked to create video demos of screen reader behavior and it is extremely :

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Cortana enabled mouse

I would like to suggest an improved version of the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse.

A Cortana enabled version would be great.
    The mouse would need a microphone for voice input .

The windows button being clicked on the mouse could trigger Cortana while swiping the Windows button would trigger text to speech.

This currently works, but from long distances away from the computer's microphone it's not the best experience.

If the mouse has a microphone it would work great from long distances also.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard for Dyslexia

It should be great in Windows 10 to have an option on the virtual keyboard allowing to add colour on some keys to help people having dyslexia to identify easily vowel for example...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base