Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerShell accessibility

A customer of mine has trouble coding in PowerShell because of the dark background, font color and size. He is older so his eye sight is not as sharp. Not being able to change the font size or color makes PowerShell inaccessible to some users. Please consider making it more accessible so anyone can use PowerShell.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I’m trying to access my hotmail account. I have not been on this account for I’m not even sure how long. The password that I used for this ?

I’m trying to get into my Hotmail account but haven’t been very successful. 4 years ago I was in a horrific accident and now I suffer from memory issues. Anyways I used the same password to get into my laptop that I used for my Hotmail account and I really need help getting my account information. Can anybody please please please help me??

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have dyslexia. Lost my Hotmail Password. Password recovery page unsuccessful. Please Help.

I have filled in the password recovery page but I keep getting a message that insufficient info has been provided. I cannot log into my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Where do I go from here? Is it possible to speak to someone about this matter? None of the online solutions work for me.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add "smart punctuation" to the Windows onscreen keyboard

Typing on the Windows onscreen keyboard is already excruciatingly slow. It is even slower when using text completion with a space after a word and having to click Backspace to insert punctuation. "Smart punctuation" would make it a bit less excruciating. That is, have an option for the backspace to be sent automatically when clicking a punctuation mark, then for instance a space to be sent after a comma. Maybe even an option to capitalize the first letter of sentences. Most keyboard based word prediction programs offer this option, as do better onscreen keyboards.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. allow people to adjust icon, font, tooltip menu, size as in previous versions of Windows 10

pleaemake it eaier for people to find this page and be able to send suggestions and vote on other ones. especiall the ones I have chosen

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am photosensitive. Extremely sensitive to light, so I prefer dark screens. Allow more darkness via a secondary program.

I am photosensitive. Extremely sensitive to light, so I prefer dark screens. Allow more darkness via a secondary program.

Blue colors are higher in energy, thus photosensitive people don't want the screen dark only, but brown-yellowish to cut-off the high frequencies.

My intelligence is normal and I use the Photoshop for short periods.
    When I finalize a picture, I usually keep it dark, but without that brown-yellowish effect in order I control the output. So an on/off button to the high-cut filter (or blue cut-off filter) would be useful.

People are photosensitive due to:
    1. disease (genetical, viral, bacterial, hormonal…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve the Accessibility of Windows SIM for Screen Reader Users

There are two main accessibility issues with the Windows System Image Manager (SIM), part of the Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK). First, when you use your screen reader's right-click function to access the right-click menu for the selected component or package, the click targeting is several lines below where the system focus is located. Additionally, you cannot use Shift+F10 to access the context menu. Could these issues please be remedied? These problems were found in the ADK Insider Preview, Build 16288. I am using JAWS 2018 Public Beta.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Light Gray Windows Fonts to Bold Black for Visually Impaired

The light gray colors used by Windows GUI is nearly impossible for me to see. Exists in Windows, Word, etc. Anyway to change to a bold black font? Size of font is not the issue, it is the color.

Third party apps? Chrome offers a add on for Contrast, but the issue is the Windows interface.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Introducing a new setting for battery usage

Nowadays many of the users of windows use laptops which is powered by battery. But I did not find any SETTINGS to see how I used the battery, consumed battery percentage of applications or screen on time. But for effective usage, I think these statistics is needed.
    Hope to see this things.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically enable audio for Hyper-V virtual machines when using screen readers.

Although I have very limited experience using Hyper-V, my understanding is that audio is not available when connecting to a virtual machine using Hyper-V Manager. I have read about an Enhanced Session Mode, but this must be manually enabled on Windows Server and it does not appear to pass audio back to the host machine unless RDP is enabled in the Windows virtual machine.

Can you see the problem here? How is a totally blind person supposed to independently configure a virtual machine if audio cannot be used until a setting in the virtual machine itself is enabled? If a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reading functionalities have been disabled because no compatible voice was found

Microsoft Magnifier "Reading functionalities have been disabled because no compatible voice was found"
    How to fix this?

Tried launching Narrator and it is working. I can choose different Narrator voices. It's the Magnifier Reader that is greyed out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The "Email accessibility help" button to email the Enterprise Disability Answer Desk is not working.

I have a question that I wanted to send to the Enterprise Disability Answer Desk but on their web page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/enterprise-answer-desk) the "Email accessibility help" button does not work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable Windows Navigation by Numbers; Provide Voice Control of Windows Desktop & Apps by Enumerating all Visible Selectable Objects

Google provided Android users with full control of Android when Google implemented voice access back in 2016.

A video of what needs to be implemented for Windows can be seen at:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIDaz4Nm5lE
    (Completely hands-free control with Voice Access for Android)

As per the video demonstration, each time the user navigates to a new page, every selectable object on the page is assigned a unique number.
    To select an object all a user has to do is to say the number for the object they wish to select - simples!

With regard to Windows, when navigation by numbers is selected, every…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need Help

I called the disability number. Reached probably the Philippines. I just had question about how to get the markup off of a word document permanently. This person did not know how to do that. They said they would put me through to their supervisor. I was just left on hold for a very very long time. Maybe if English was the primary language it would work better.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Choosing no. of video screens

Whilst the introduction of a 3x3 video screen grid in Microsoft Teams has been welcomed by many, I have some colleagues that have sight loss who now feel the video screens are too small. Could there be a setting which enables staff to individually select how many video windows show up on their screen during a Teams meeting?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make windows speech recognition truly hands free!

Windows speech recognition is surely designed for those who can't use their hands? The problem is that there are so many apps that cortana will not use the initial start listening speech recognition for, and the dictation side constantly crashes so that you are forced to use your hands To complete your tasks. Please make cortana more user friendly, give disabled people who cannot use the keyboard better accessibility choices! Cortana needs to be able to be used 100% of the time!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I think the accessibility features would be an amazing tool to be able to use for those of us with vision loss and deafness.

However, I for one refuse to use anything in Ease of Access because for reasons unknown to me, once you turn those features on, it restricts your ability to customize your laptop via background colors, themes, etc. I tried Ease of Access long ago, and when I found what happened, I immediately turned off all features, but my laptop seemed ruined permanently just for using the accessibility features no matter how hard I worked to try and customize my laptop again. So, that's my idea I'm presenting to you. I know I cannot be the only one that would love…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Want drag-and-drop feature for MouseKeys

I use the MouseKeys feature A LOT. but when I press the 5 (fire key) and along with an arrow key, it does not perform any drag and drop functionality.

I pray to MS corporation to add the feature to use drag and drop functionality within Keyboard's MouseKeys feature.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. give windows 10 the the display and personalization of windows 7

i am almost blind and windows 10 is not blind friendly windows 7 was fantastic for us blind people could you add bold text feature or made the display and personalization settings like windows 7? since the change from 7 to 10 on january 14th i am having a very hard time using my computer the magnyfier on the computer is not good it takes up to much of the screen plus you only see a small amount and moving it back and forth trying to read makes me dizzy with 7 i could use the computer just fine with…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base