Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In the Accessibility Checker, on reading order: 1. provide option to auto-order starting from title and then top left to bottom right

In the Accessibility Checker, on reading order warnings: Provide option to auto-order starting from title and then top left to bottom right

3 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Better Beehive

I am writing to let you know about my startup working to serve the disability community. Better Beehive is a review application, like yelp, except for the disability community to review businesses and organizations based on their accessibility, empowerment and inclusion of the disability community. A Buzz review is reserved for a disability-friendly entity, and a STING is for the opposite. All reviews are reviewed by the site administrator as a safety measure to make sure only helpful feedback is left on the site. The genuine intent is to create a win-win situation for both businesses and the disability community.…

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Narrator should indicate form fields in word

Narrator currently doesn't indicate form fields in word for example text boxes for typing, and checkboxes or radio buttons.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bigger controller for people with disabilitys

I have never owned a Xbox or Sony or played on one due to my physical disabilities. The controller is too small and buttons are too small. I only have use of one hand and the other hand is deformed and small. I have PC as i can use my good arm for the mouse and my deformed hand on the arrows keys. This works very well for games.

For me to be able to play the Xbox i would need a bigger controller with big buttons with big spaces between buttons. I would use my deform hand on the…

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Windows 10 having trouble with refresh rate

I have seizures, and ever since Windows XP, the updates from Windows seem to give me more and more problems. I have multiple devices, so I am able to compare between the various versions, and When I am forced to use a Windows 10 computer set-up, I tend to require additional medication to stay safe.

I am hoping someone has some ideas. I am aware of others that are having the same concerns.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Send me a Techy.

I can access Microsoft but Microsoft fails to access my 0-level of technological comprehension. I was born too soon.

Telling me how to fix it, just doesn't do it. In-person consumer service should be provided for the technically disabled would-be/wanna-be user.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• I need to re-install my Microsoft Office but I no longer have the recovery code please advise?

I need to re-install my Microsoft Office but I no longer have the recovery code please advise as I cannot wait a month and there does not seem to be a number I can Phone?

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• My mom downloaded Microsoft Office for me, tried windows activation for windows 10, which i have both...computer says otherwise

I wish I could just be able to activate my windows and Microsoft office because its been both paid for and downloaded by my mom. why can I neither access it nor use it????

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• 7 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• I used to be able to to increase text sizes toolbar File/home/insert/design, etc and macro icon toolbar in order to function

I used to be able to increase text sizes on the toolbar for File/home/insert/design, etc and macro icon toolbar in order to function. I no longer see the feature in Advaned Display Settings. Bring it back.

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Publish a quick start book for Windows 10 and Office Apps

I'm looking for a book with basic instructions on how to use Word and Outlook. I know it is available in the website but a printed material will be better for someone who cannot use the computer for a long time.

5 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Collaborating with Microsoft Word

I am blind need to collaborate on documents with other Office 365 users.
                          When I share a document with another person who makes changes, I can’t see the changes. Sighted people can see the changes that the person makes. I would like Microsoft to expose the changes to Screen readers or make them accessible out of the box.

8 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • make the BeeLine Reader plugin available for Microsoft Word.

I currently use the BeeLine Reader plugin for my browser, which helps making dense text passages easier to read. As a legal professional, I would really like to be able to utilize this feature in Microsoft Word but I was told that the plugin architecture does not support BeeLine. Would you please consider adding it? Thank you!

30 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • i think that word should be free to all windows 10 users

since we are using windows 10 I think that word should be free to the users. A lot of us love using it but since you have to pay a lot of money which most of us can not do for many reasons I think that it should be free for everyone on windows 10

5 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Accessibility Checker gives warnings for single item lists

It would be nice if the accessibility checker gave a warning when there is a list that only contains one list item.

It could be similar to the warnings about "Infrequent Headings".

I have been remediating quite a few documents where the document creator wanted spaces between list items, but instead of modifying the list style, they put in a paragraph between the list items. Thus, instead of having one list with 20 items, they have 20 lists with one item.

3 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can't move back a word with Bluetooth keyboard in Word for iPhone

Hello,

I would like to report a serious problem regarding Microsoft Word for iPhone using a Bluetooth keyboard and only with VoiceOver enabled.

It's not possible to move backwards by word because Alt + Left arrow doesn't work, although moving to the next word pressingAlt + Right arrow works okay. Not being able to navigate back a word renders Word useless on iPhone.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Typing accented characters inserts wrong characters in Word for iPhone

Hello,

I would like to report a serious accessibility problem regarding Microsoft Word for iPhone using a Bluetooth keyboard and only with VoiceOver enabled. The problem relates to typing of accented characters using the Czech language layout on a Bluetooth keyboard.

Whenever I want to type a Czech character which requires first to press the diacritic mark key (i.e., accent "'" or caron "ˇ"), and then to type the letter key which should receive the diacritic mark, such as "d" to become ď, Microsoft Word instead inserts a wrong character. To be specific, it inserts just "ˇ" instead of "ď".…

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Dyslexic interactive

I feel that being able to verbally interact with Windows would have a powerful effect on a dyslexic senior ability to engage in word!

4 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base