Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My mom downloaded Microsoft Office for me, tried windows activation for windows 10, which i have both...computer says otherwise

I wish I could just be able to activate my windows and Microsoft office because its been both paid for and downloaded by my mom. why can I neither access it nor use it????

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I used to be able to to increase text sizes toolbar File/home/insert/design, etc and macro icon toolbar in order to function

I used to be able to increase text sizes on the toolbar for File/home/insert/design, etc and macro icon toolbar in order to function. I no longer see the feature in Advaned Display Settings. Bring it back.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Publish a quick start book for Windows 10 and Office Apps

I'm looking for a book with basic instructions on how to use Word and Outlook. I know it is available in the website but a printed material will be better for someone who cannot use the computer for a long time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. i think that word should be free to all windows 10 users

since we are using windows 10 I think that word should be free to the users. A lot of us love using it but since you have to pay a lot of money which most of us can not do for many reasons I think that it should be free for everyone on windows 10

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Accessibility Checker gives warnings for single item lists

It would be nice if the accessibility checker gave a warning when there is a list that only contains one list item.

It could be similar to the warnings about "Infrequent Headings".

I have been remediating quite a few documents where the document creator wanted spaces between list items, but instead of modifying the list style, they put in a paragraph between the list items. Thus, instead of having one list with 20 items, they have 20 lists with one item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can't move back a word with Bluetooth keyboard in Word for iPhone

Hello,

I would like to report a serious problem regarding Microsoft Word for iPhone using a Bluetooth keyboard and only with VoiceOver enabled.

It's not possible to move backwards by word because Alt + Left arrow doesn't work, although moving to the next word pressingAlt + Right arrow works okay. Not being able to navigate back a word renders Word useless on iPhone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Typing accented characters inserts wrong characters in Word for iPhone

Hello,

I would like to report a serious accessibility problem regarding Microsoft Word for iPhone using a Bluetooth keyboard and only with VoiceOver enabled. The problem relates to typing of accented characters using the Czech language layout on a Bluetooth keyboard.

Whenever I want to type a Czech character which requires first to press the diacritic mark key (i.e., accent "'" or caron "ˇ"), and then to type the letter key which should receive the diacritic mark, such as "d" to become ď, Microsoft Word instead inserts a wrong character. To be specific, it inserts just "ˇ" instead of "ď".…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dyslexic interactive

I feel that being able to verbally interact with Windows would have a powerful effect on a dyslexic senior ability to engage in word!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base