Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't move back a word with Bluetooth keyboard in Word for iPhone

Hello,

I would like to report a serious problem regarding Microsoft Word for iPhone using a Bluetooth keyboard and only with VoiceOver enabled.

It's not possible to move backwards by word because Alt + Left arrow doesn't work, although moving to the next word pressingAlt + Right arrow works okay. Not being able to navigate back a word renders Word useless on iPhone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Typing accented characters inserts wrong characters in Word for iPhone

Hello,

I would like to report a serious accessibility problem regarding Microsoft Word for iPhone using a Bluetooth keyboard and only with VoiceOver enabled. The problem relates to typing of accented characters using the Czech language layout on a Bluetooth keyboard.

Whenever I want to type a Czech character which requires first to press the diacritic mark key (i.e., accent "'" or caron "ˇ"), and then to type the letter key which should receive the diacritic mark, such as "d" to become ď, Microsoft Word instead inserts a wrong character. To be specific, it inserts just "ˇ" instead of "ď".…

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Accessibility Checker gives warnings for single item lists

It would be nice if the accessibility checker gave a warning when there is a list that only contains one list item.

It could be similar to the warnings about "Infrequent Headings".

I have been remediating quite a few documents where the document creator wanted spaces between list items, but instead of modifying the list style, they put in a paragraph between the list items. Thus, instead of having one list with 20 items, they have 20 lists with one item.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• make the BeeLine Reader plugin available for Microsoft Word.

I currently use the BeeLine Reader plugin for my browser, which helps making dense text passages easier to read. As a legal professional, I would really like to be able to utilize this feature in Microsoft Word but I was told that the plugin architecture does not support BeeLine. Would you please consider adding it? Thank you!

6 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Dyslexic interactive

I feel that being able to verbally interact with Windows would have a powerful effect on a dyslexic senior ability to engage in word!

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base