Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What if Windows 10 becomes inoperable and one needs to reinstall previous version just to get access to the pc and net?

I previously upgraded to Windows 10 during the free period, then caught a virus which rendered the system inoperable.
    Now there is no way to get Windows 10 back after reinstalling Win 7.
    Microsoft should make some allowance for this!
    I've written down some release number which goes like this:
    160915-06xx
    Don't know if this is proof of having upgraded previously to Win 10 during the free period.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Magnifier Improvements - Close But NO Cigar.

Adding the ability to zoom the magnifier by holding modifier keys was nice, but I find the implementation somewhat clumsy.

First, users need the ability to change the keyboard modifiers. Control-Alt is not always the best option for many users.

Second, when zoomed in, moving around on the screen is problematic. The movement is choppy and too fast. I find I often move much further than I intended. The movement needs to be slower and much smoother. A good example of how this should work can be seen by using Glass Brick - another window zooming utility.

In a somewhat…

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • This last upgrade took away my ability to enlarge the letters. I don't need the whole screen magnified, I just need the letters bigger!

This last upgrade took away my ability to enlarge the letters. I don't need the whole screen magnified, I just need the letters bigger!

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add dates to posts on this site/page.

Posts on this site/page need dates associated with them. Without them, users have no way of knowing how long issues have been around or if MS is merely paying lip service to user concerns. Adding dates would allow users to know if MS is actively working on user concerns or dragging its feet on a particular issue.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Magnifier needs variable mouse wheel scrolling zoom

The Magnifier app is nearly useless without the ability to zoom in and out using the mouse scroll wheel, in conjunction with a keyboard modifier - e.g.: shift-scroll, alt-scroll, control-scroll, etc.. Add this functionality and make the modifier key user-definable. Also, users should be able to easily toggle Magnifier on and off with a keyboard shortcut or mouse click combination. Having the ability to easily switch between full-screen and lens mode would also be helpful.

Magnifier has been around for years, but I use it only in emergencies because it's so bad. Sadly, the only options are expensive or buggy…

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't change the magnifier window to the magnifying glass icon when the window loses focus.

I suggest leaving the magnifier window as is and not changing it to the magnifying glass icon when the window looses focus.

The icon is too hard to find.

Also: it takes extra clicks to change the zoom, because you have to un-iconify the window first.

If people want the window out of the way they can always minimise it themselves.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base