Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 Magnifier needs to be improved!

The magnifier works terribly.
    The motion is jammed and not smooth.
    It doesn't feel like it had been optimized.
    Using the GPU to improve the zoom motion would be ideal.
    Mac OS and Chrome Os implemented this perfectly.
    Also, adding a select to speak feature would be ideal, since some users don't need narrator on full time.
    Allow users to customize the modifier keys they want to use with the mouse wheel.
    Thanks for listening! These improvement will change the whole windows experience to people like me.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Larger Taskbar Icons

Allow larger taskbar Icons
    My grandmother is visually impaired, and has trouble seeing the small taskbar icons on her computer. I would like a way to make the taskbar icons larger.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show me how to delete magnifier on windows 10 and replace it with the windows 7 magnifier...Please

Show me how to delete magnifier on windows 10 and replace it with the windows 7 magnifier. It worked well for me but something happened to it in windows 10 that makes it a real pain

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. MAKE THE MAGNIFIER AS GOOD AS THE ONE ON THE MAC

THE MAGNIFIER NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED!

THE ZOOM MOTION IS TERRIBLE AND GIVES ME HEAD PAIN

TAKE MAC OS MAGNIFIER AS EXAMPLE, IT WORKS WELL, SMOOTHLY AND FAST.

PLEASE, DO IT!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. STOP DELETING OUR RESQUESTS! WE NEED A BETTER MAGNIFICATION!

USE THE GPU GRAPHIC TO IMPROVE ZOOM
    MAKE IS AS GOOD AS THE MAC OS

COME ON, IT IS EASY TO DO!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Empruve The Magnification Motion

Make the magnification smoother and more optimized
    Use the GPU to improve it.
    Take a look at macOS magnification, it used GPU to perform the zoom and it feels so good.
    Please, help us with that, also, allow users to choose which key to press to zoom in or out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can you make the magnification zoom work the same away that it works on Mac OS?

Windows magnifier needs to get better!
    It is not smooth, not fast, and looks jammed.
    I believe the way Apple implemented it on Mac OS, and Google on Chrome OS, are much faster and intuitive.
    Allow users to get customize the key the want to use to zoom.
    Allow users to select a text, press customizable keys, and have narrator read it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MAKE THE ZOOM AS GOOD AS THE Mac OS OPTION!

MAKE THE ZOOM BETTER, IT IS THE WORST IN THE MARKETING!
    USE THE GPU GRAPHIC TO BETTER THE MAGNIFICATION AND ADD A SELECT TO SPEAK OPTION.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. New Version

A better Magnifier!
    The program "Magic" by Freedom Scientific has been a much more versatile and powerful "magnifier" that the windows one! I have used it for 6 years and it is GREAT. Only problem is that with the rate of "UPDATES from MS, the have stopped supporting, updating or improving problems caused by MS UPDATES Latest MS updates cause screen jumping and/or freezing!! FIX IT!!! I need it!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Independent Screen Magnification

Magnification works "ok", however it does not allow independent Screen magnification. It makes working with dual screens an experience that causes sickness and headaches. Independent Screen magnification and it only moving on the screen your cursor is on would make a vast improvement.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. full screen crosshair on windows 10 ?

full screen crosshair on windows 10 following the mouse cursor ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improve the quality of the font smoothing with the magnifier

when we Zoom in an application (browsers, MSoffice...), the smoothing is perfect even at high zoom levels, while with the Windows magnifier the smoothing is very bad.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Worse greedy company

Appreciate your customers instead of ignoring them. And deal with their issues been hacked with an Xbox I never had. I am on disability and this has happened for a year and all you could do after deleting all my messages is tell me you will take my card be more like apple take some lessons cause they have customer service

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Windows magnifier snap to pop-up alerts

Currently when using Windows Magnifier the magnifier lens stays where the cursor/mouse is positioned. If a pop-up message shows up on the screen it can be missed because that's not where the user's attention is focused. This is an issue using public computers, like at the library, where the "## minutes remaining" pop-up comes up in the bottom right of the screen. Ideal to have an option to select snap-to pop-up alerts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enlarged Text and older Windows programs

The enlarged text facility is brilliant but unfortunately does not seem to work on the old windows things like Control Panel. Very frustrating. I also find no matter what settings I use browser apps just simply ignore these "system?" settings and of course content providers in terms of web pages are a law unto themselves.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Smart Magnifier with enhanced inversion capabilities

Currently, with mangnifier inversion on, everything looks either back or whilte. I like this as it helps me to see better. On top of this, it would be great if certain colors can be 'modified' in such a way that the resulting 'Smart Inversion' will enhance user experience. For instance, I personally don't like to see white background on portions of the screen (as it tends to have 'glaring' effect on my eyes) - so, it would be great if the magnifier can be tweaked such that those portions with 'glary' background can be toned down. I think similar functionality…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. magnifier to follow curser with all applications

The magnifier needs to follow the cursor when typing on this website and with all applications. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. windows magnifier enable all display modes i.e. full-screen, split-screen and focus

I currently use Windows 7. When I launch Windows Magnifier, it opens in split-screen mode. I don't like this mode and would always prefer full-screen mode. Unfortunately, the option to change the display mode is greyed out in Windows Magnifier settings. I have Googled the fix but this involves changing the registry file in Reg Edit. I am not willing to do this on my own computer and certainly not anyone elses. When I use other computers, some will be set to full-screen others to split-screen by default. So many computers are almost inaccessible to me. When my own screen-reader…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Save Settings and be able to revert back

The new features in Windows 10 Oct 2018 are great and so good to see the recent webinar about future developments. I find the new ability to enlarge text to be very good for my Low Vision. However, with all the possible variables that can be tweaked, mouse pointers, text size, magnification, dpi, resolution etc it can be so easy to get very confused. It would be nice if we could just save all our settings at a click and have the ability the revert back easily to a known good state. After all there will be some settings in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Center Text Insertion Point When Typing

Please include an option to keep the text insertion point near the center of the screen when typing into an edit field. Currently, when typing, the cursor is often near the right edge of the screen as the screen pans right.

Including a checkbox to keep the text insertion point centered, similar to the recent Mouse Pointer center feature would be very helpful, especially when writing long documents.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base