Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow images to be ignored by assistive technology in Outlook and Mail

I am a software developer working for the UK government on a service that sends emails.

We send HTML emails and have images in them which are only useful visually. We give them blank alt text to mark them to be ignored by the email program.

Using Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail with JAWS and NVDA, the images are still included in what is spoken. Their URLs are announced as part of the email text.

I have also tried giving them aria-hidden="true" and role="presentation" to mark them as presentational but this information is not being conveyed to screenreaders.

Can…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make outlook.com accessible to screenreaders. Preferably provide a light version.

Outlook.com remains very inaccessible to Jaws and other screenreaders. The articles that have been posted on this subject are not very helpful and have not been updated in some time. Some email providers offer a light or basic html version, and Microsoft should do something similar here if they value accessibility.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. JAWS screen reader unable to identify voting buttons in Outlook 2016

Find a way to alert screen readers that voting buttons exist when reading an email in Outlook 2016.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. have

Birla

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Office 365

I received an invitation from a friend to create a shared One Drive folder but it wasn't intuitive about how to set it up, largely because the text of the email message that was generated by Microsoft contained several graphic images without alt text. I use JAWS 2020, Windows 10 and Office 365. If you could make the invitation more accessible and intuitive, I think it would enable users to create the shared folder more independently. Thank you!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change color for "show as" "work from elsewhere"

The "Show as" option "work from elsewhere" seems impossible, for people, to distinguish from "available".

Can you use a different color (fx. green) and (fx. horizontal bars or something) to make it easier to see?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. outlook dictate

Word for Mac 2019 has a 'Dictate' button which is great - much more accurate than the MacOS built-in dictation. Please add the same button to Outlook.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to share an email opened in OUTLOOK in my notebook to one my colleague through WEB-whatsapp

Just now I am working in OUTLOOK in my notebook. I just want to share an email through web-whatsapp to one of my colleague. I couldnt find any option.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to set up someones preffered disability settings when sending an email to them

My daughter is visually impaired so she needs to have text in size 24 and Arial Black but I need to manually amend my email to these settings each time I email her. I therefore think there should be a way of setting my settings for an individual i.e. if I know Holly needs in size 24 and Arial Black whey can’t my O365 remember that and when I put here email address it does it not automatically set these settings.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve ability to differentiate between small office icons on taskbar

I'm partially color blind, and the new modern icons, when used as "small icons" are very hard to differentiate at a glance as they all use a similar color scheme. Yes, they have different icons and letters, but they blend in. Perhaps there is a way to add alternate taskbar icons with different colors to help differentiate between Teams, Outlook, and Word at a glance.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Red Light Bug

Stop releasing product to market before it is ready!
    I do not like being bata tester!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. bug with Outlook 2016 and Magnifier in Windows 10

Using Outlook 2016 in Windows 10 in High Contrast #1 with Magnifier docked to the top of the screen, NOT using Reading Pane in Outlook, when I open an email and get a new window, this new window will not consistently maximize to be located at the top of the screen just below the Magnifier window. It appears down the screen in some random location. If I click the Maximize button, it does not properly maximize, but instead goes to some somewhat random position and size. This has been happening for months now. I have reported it to Microsoft Accessibility…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide actual customer service

Have people actually HELP

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "message list" "outlook for mac"

I am an Escalation Lead in Microsoft CSS and received an escalation this past week regarding Accessibility Features that are not working properly in Outlook for Mac. There are Font configuration options that are supposed to make the Message List and emails more readable for visually impaired users; however, the customer reports that the settings are not being retained. They reset back to defaults. This is a major issue for this customer's ongoing use of our products. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Get rid of the new outlook mail, bring back the classic version!!!! Now!!!

Was forced this morning to use your new version of Outlook Mail. I am very dissatisfied with it. It is unusable !!! I cannot even read text in the tiny windows I am now forced to use. This is totally unacceptable!!!
    Bring back the Classic Version of Outlook Mail to my account NOW or I will be leaving you and telling everyone of my dissatisfaction !!!
    BRING BACK THE CLASSIC VERSION NOW !!!!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. STOP ASKING US TO VERIFY OURSELVES BECAUSE OF OUR EMAIL DECISION

HAVE AN AD OPT OUT FOR DISABLED PEOPLE AS VERIFYING IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR SOME DISABLED AND NOT EVERYONE CAN HAVE A CELL PHONE

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base