Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need Mail Accessabilities like we use to have

Do something with the mail. Why doesn't Microsoft deal with the outlook mail and have all the extra that the previous email had like windows 7 etc?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. can't navigate address suggestions when composing email in Outlook ios app w VO

In the Outlook app for IOS with VO, when composing an email and I begin to enter text in the "To" field, I'm unable to navigate the email suggestion list with VO that appears visually. Instead as I swipe I get the fields in the main window like "cc" and "bcc".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please reinstate the bold, centered font for all day events that only run for a single day

All day events that only run for a single day are now not bold and are left justified. Please make them bold and centered like all my other all day events that last longer than one day

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. one touch

Would love to just have an option to set away message for vacation. its not an everyday function, so I struggle every time I go on vacation from work and home to figure out how to configure it. My suggestion is a tab in the email section "Set away status" with some very simple drop downs allowing you to add a message or use a generic setting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. App Fonts & Visual Accessibility Design Options

I opened a ticket with Premier support and was told to go submit my comments and vote at https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293346-outlook-for-android/suggestions/8687848-edit-app-font-font-size-and-color-in-email. I was surprised it had so many votes, yet it was DECLINED and commenting was closed!

The only accessibility option in the Outlook for Android app is for contrast - which isn't that great. Our agency has many visually-impaired users with various levels of disability. They are unable to use email on their phones because there are no real accessibility options in the Outlook app and setting up their email in the native app isn't an option because we are…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. eliminating need to make further calls to tech support

I am happy that I was able to get outlook up and running, but if the tech went a bit slower and explained what they were doing, I might be able to set it myself when I get a new computer and not have to rely on their help to do it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Outlook font

Please make it possible to automatically change the font on INCOMING Outlook email messages to a font that is the recipient's choice, rather than the sender's choice. This would make it so much easier to read emails sent in fonts or sizes that are difficult for some people to read (dyslexic could change all incoming mail to a particular font, or visually impaired could change font size to larger/particular color) without having to manually edit the formatting of each message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. An Idea For Your Accessibility Tab

It is extremely difficult to get a hold of the Microsoft Support Team if one does not have access to a phone. It is great to have the 'Chat' option, however, if one's account has been restricted for security reasons, one would think that the Team would use the alternate Recovery e-mail address as an option to be able to retrieve a code in order to regain access to one's account. Have you thought about people who have no ability to send you a text message? Food for Thought!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. No service offered. Had to reach out to FCC to report violation s.

Try simple customer service. I can access my email and was provided no assistance to get into the account for the past 10 years. I have lost job opportunities and income from reselling and the only help I received was open a new account. Took it to the FCC. Shockingly sad level of support which reflects on the business and their products. Don't punish customers for your inadequacies Microsoft!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why are MS accessibility aides are written in a foreign language (US)

Why are MS accessibility aides are written in a foreign language (US)
    because I only understand English

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it easier to help customers

I have been locked out of my emails as I am overseas. I have done everything step by step as asked several times and still no avail. Have tried to call help line and nothing? I need my email account unlocked as I am travelling and it is vital to me overseas and for work purposes back home!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. create an easier way to be reached for people struggling with disability

I have been locked out of my old e-mail, who knows why. And I am struggling reaching anyone to help me. I have a learning disability and you guys have made it very hard/ impossible to call or help me get it back. I have submitted over 10 recovery forms, and none have worked. I am so beyond frustrated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. help me with the activation code on my email

Code to setup Microsoft account

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. have a useable phone number!!!! Answer letters sent to the President - 10 - no reply!!!

get Microsoft to furnish a working phone number. get the president to answer a letter - 10 sent - no reply to any. starting in Jan. 2017 up to Nov, 2017 - a user is an annoyance at Microsoft, except to send money.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a function to be able to choose to NOT save sent items in your sent folder.

It would be nice, like in Outlook on a PC, if you could have the option to NOT automatically save sent email (saved in sent folder). Many of us in my office do not like to automatically save sent email. If it's critical, I just cc myself. I was able to do this when I was on a PC. Mac does not give that option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to share an email opened in OUTLOOK in my notebook to one my colleague through WEB-whatsapp

Just now I am working in OUTLOOK in my notebook. I just want to share an email through web-whatsapp to one of my colleague. I couldnt find any option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ReadAloud Feedback - Speed with Number Values and Access to Different Speeds in Edge

Hello,

I noticed that the ReadAloud speed slider varies in output between Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Edge (new or old browser). Would it be possible to have the higher speeds in Word to be available in Edge (to be used in PDFs and web pages).

Would it also be possible to add a numeric value to the speed to be able to know we're selecting a speed setting again such as 14.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would really appreciate if we were able to use the surface pen to write on the windows outlook calendar

I would like to be able to use the surface pen in order to jot down notes and events on the calendar. It doesn't seem like that feature is currently available but I do see we are able to use the surface pen to write emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Reduce wasted header space for To/Cc/Bcc/Subject for new emails in updated Outlook 2016. Not enough space remaining to see what you compose.

Please reduced the new waste space used for the headers in the updated version of Outlook 2016. I just received the update this week.

On my laptop especially, When I open a new email to compose, so much space is wasted by the newly formatted To/ Cc/ Bcc/ Subject area that I can only see a few lines of the email I am composing.

Please correct this poor design. The prior version was much more space efficient.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base