Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Further development of Windows Control to include LC Technologies

With the Tobii Dynavox acquisition of Smartbox, are there plans to expand Eye Control support to other eye gazing systems that rely on Smartbox? And specifically to LC Technologies Eye Gaze Edge systems?

Tobii says in their acquisition statement that they are not pursuing Windows Control. That leaves it to Microsoft to continue further development.

My request is for Microsoft to expand Eye Control to additional Eye Gazing systems beyond Tobii's development and include systems from LC Technologies.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Color control of OS

with in windows xp and windows 7 there was UI control of the colors of the OS. I do not see this within windows 10 beyond the High Contrast setting. Which is limiting and prompting me to try and find a 3rd party solution to a feature that was within the previous OS,and allowed the control to be in the users hands. I'd like to see this option to be placed back so support can be made to those with sensitive eye sight.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can you add some arrow keys to the on screen keyboard? Sometimes using the eyetracker I just want to go back a couple of characters or line

Can you add some arrow keys to the on screen keyboard? Sometimes using the eye tracker I just want to go back a couple of characters or lines to make an edit and using arrows keys would make it much easier and faster.

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add dragging capabilities into your eye gaze mouse emulation feature.

While the eye gaze mouse emulation is decent, there is no way to drag items across the screen. For power users of Tobii Dynavox, that is a key piece. They have it built in to the software to work on Windows 7 but have now discontinued the product for 10. I have several clients who would go with a 2 and 1 computer it had the dragging feature.

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Faster mouse pointing by combining eye and head tracking

I noticed that with the current mouse pointer it's common to be off by about an inch even when the device is calibrated. There is a second mode offering a precision mouse pointer where I can move the mouse more precisely by looking at direction arrows. However, this is a fairly slow process requiring multiple steps.

Instead, I would like to propose an improvement that allows for faster and more precise clicking. It works by combining both eye tracking and head tracking. The eye tracker is used for fast warps across the screen and get to you within an inch…

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Windows Head Control

Hello Accessibility Team,

We wanted to reach you since we had some feedback from our customers. I am writing on behalf on Glassouse Assistive Device team and would like to share a suggestion of ours.

Our product is a hybrid glass-mouse using a 9-axis gyroscope to detect the head movements for dragging mouse cursors. Right now our new version of GlassOuse can be used with our highly adaptable switch control options - G-Switch Series to do the clicking actions or without them via dwell software.

For right clicks, drag-n-drop, scroll etc. we suggest to use a 3rd party software on…

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• No encuentro los manuales de accesibilidad en castellano

soy voluntario y necesito los manuales de accesibilidad en castellano.
                Saludos y gracias

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• April 2018 Eye Control doesn't work after Windows restart

April 2018 Eye Control doesn't work after Windows restart. It works 3 out of 4 times on powerup after Windows shutdown. Old version worked and Tobii Dynavox Windows Control 2 works fine after update and regardless of restart or shutdown.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Eye-tracker as an assistive technology for using a mouse or other pointing devices

I know there are many people, like myself, for whom it's hard to move mouse. Especially on long distances, like from one edge of the screen to another. And you can't speed up pointer too much because it becomes too inaccurate. Or the software, including Windows native mouse support, doesn't let you.

An eye tracker - used only to move the pointer with blinking (e.g. twice) - could be a great help here. And it didn't even need to be precise.

I have a muscle wasting disease (DMD). Some people with similar diseases use only mouses, other styluses or touchpads.…

15 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Tracker:iot.http.jquery.javascript.js.jason

agent.io.certified.by.law.by.the.code.of.conduct

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• More eye gaze apps for tablets!

There are tons of apple apps but being an Android family, they are of no use to us. Can we get more options for eye gaze apps (games and learning) that aren't apple-based??

3 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Simplify web access bar for Tobii

The current eye gaze system for internet access is very complicated for users who are developmentally delayed or inexperienced with mouse selections. There should be a more simplified way of moving around the internet. Picture symbols would be great!

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base