Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Amazing Super Bowl Commercial / Accessibility for people with disabilities

Hi, my name is Callie and I work for a pediatric therapy clinic called OT4KIDS Inc. in Lexington, NC. We specialize in OT, PT and Speech. We work with ages ranging from 0-21, with different types of disabilities on a daily basis and we just want to thank you for creating this control pad so that any child or adult can play. We actually have an Xbox with a kinetic in one of our therapy rooms to help with certain goals, whether its for PT to get the clients to become more active or just as a reward for doing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Xbox live profile picture customization

I believe the add a custom gamer profile picture should be returned back to the set of default pictures available and if wanted by other plays, a new product to the Microsoft store and add new pictures to buy if wanted. The reason why is that more then half the whole Xbox live community is dealing with fake accounts using innocent kids and scamming players of all ages pretending to be a “gamer girl” and well I’m just sick and tired to fake post on the community tab fulilled with fake content just to “add my profile” posts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create a getting started with Narrator Xbox guide

Please create a user manual similar to the Windows 10 Narrator guide for Xbox. This should include details such as a physical description of the controller, starting Narrator, and information on using Narrator to navigate the interface. You may want to expand the existing guide with a link to the Xbox specific information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Xbox one controller compatible with the adaptive controller

My name is Charlie Lawless, and I am having a problem with the play and charge kit, and the adaptive controller. If you have purchased the Xbox play and charge kit, with the original controller, then you bought the adaptive controller; also, when you connect the original Xbox one controller to the adaptive controller, for some reason, the light should remain green. After a day, the light turns red. My suggestion to Xbox is if possible make another play, and charge kit with a shorter cable to the disabled could use the adaptive controller with the Xbox One.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pricing of the Adaptive Controller

I purchased the adaptive controller for my son who is 9 years old because he has cerebral palsy. I was excited to learn about this controller because this will give him the chance to play on the xbox with his family and friends. However, it was really disturbing to learn that there are four pieces that comes with the adaptive controller and the price of all four pieces came up to the amount of $251. Why is it that a regular controller costs on $59 but someone with a disability have to pay 3 times that amount just to feel…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to remove navigation sounds on Xbox One

As a sufferer of migraines as part of my disability, I am hoping for an option to turn off navigation noise on the xbox one: this is discussed in this forum: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/76559013
    Thank you Microsoft for your forward thinking for people with disabilities. Please fix this issue in a future patch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. xbox adaptive controller - programmable buttons that can use keyboard/mouse inputs

I bought the xbox adaptive controller for the pdp one handed controller peripheral. I would like to be able to program the buttons using keyboard/mouse inputs. I have limited abilities in my left hand so the one handed controller is perfect. i intended to use the XAC combined with a mouse. The current game i am playing wont allow the use of a controller and a mouse at the same time. -- i have determined it's the controllers "imacontroller" tag and using "controllerbuttons" conflicts with the mouse/keyboard settings.

Example configuration:
    UP: W
    Down: S
    Left: A
    Right: D

Button 1:…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Help Gamers with Disabilities

Hi,

I had an idea that would not only help with PR but also help the Halo fan base. There are many players like me with disabilities that prevent us from doing well online. For example, I have something called dysgraphia. It means I have trouble with fine motor control from handwriting to, having my reticle be on a moving target, to head shots. Million of Americans have this especially children. I put a lot of time into learning the strategies for your various Halo games. After many years of practice I can hit the enemy body with difficulty but…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I can't access my hotmail account they're showing me alphabetic code to put when i put it they will tell me that something went wrong

I can't access my hotmail account they're showing me alphabetic code to put when i put it they will tell me that something went wrong that i should try again later for 3 days now i can't look in my mailbox

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. allow people to downlaod apps without the microsoft acount

Allowing people to download apps without having a Microsoft acount

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Contact this guy for an ad on the new assistive xbox controller: https://youtu.be/lPlDvYIq2cU?t=4m8s

Contact this guy for an ad on the new assistive xbox controller: https://youtu.be/lPlDvYIq2cU?t=4m8s

It could show him playing, and then say "well not everyone can be Robert, for the rest we have the new Adaptive Controller"...

Just a thought!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sticky notes bug with XAC and JoyToKey

If using a XAC d-pad for cursor movement (remapping using the very popular JoyToKey remapping software) you'll notice that Sticky notes behaves badly when you push UP (to simulate cursor up).

This is because even without JoyToKey, using the XAC or any joystick type device is picked up by Sticky Notes, but UP for some reason is mapped to the TAB key. Meaning you can access sticky notes, but can never simulate an UP key press. Very frustrating, and renders Sticky Notes nearly useless for such users.

Here's a little on XAC being used as a mouse device to show…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make a new joystick design

i have extremely limited hand movement, so a retro arcade style joystick would be amazing for the xbox adaptive controller. however, make it a single usage controller, just directional. you already have buttons to adapt to every other button on the regular xbox controller, all except the directional arrows

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make it so I can use Hulu and Netflix without being signed in. Your severs have been messed up for a couple days and I can’t even use the se

Because of your live outage I can’t use services that I pay for separate from Xbox live. There is no reason I have to be signed in to use Hulu or Netflix. I feel I should be credited for not being able to use either of these services because you all are having issues. I pay good money for Hulu, Netflix, and Spotify and because of the way you all set your system up I have to miss multiple days of my subscription. PS4 doesn’t have this issue. You all need not make me sign in for thing that have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enforcements are To harsh

An enforcement from the people on that team I feel are too harsh on the play. A recent suspension that I have recive is a week ban and it doesn’t even tell me what or how I did something wrong. I am Very good at multiple games. When I revive hate messages I take the lightly and do not respond. But what if that play reports me for being unsporting when they are the ones who sent the message. I feel that has happened to me and now I feel I am being punished for excepting in a game that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Collaboration with new Xbox Adaptive Controller

Hello Xbox Team!

We would like to discuss a possible partnership for the upcoming Xbox Adaptive Controller with you. As GlassOuse, we design and manufacture assistive devices and adapted switch controls. We believe we will be a perfect match for the gamers with the new controller. If you can write back to us, we want to send you a bundle of our products and share all knowledge we gathered about accessibility so far since the beginning of our journey. As GlassOuse Assistive Device and G-Switch Series, we are more than ready to become a part of this.

Here, you may…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Parts and Pieces

I'm excited for my son to get the new accessible controller but when shopping for the adaptions he will need I can't help but notice the t-bar joystick shown in the photo isn't available. Will it be? If not it should be.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Xbox Adaptive Controller

The Xbox Adaptive Controller will be a fantastic product. Being disabled, we tend to sometimes have very specific issues to solve when it comes to gaming. Will there be maybe a Help Desk type of forum for this device and maybe use cases on how people found it helpful. For me I am forced to be prone and lying down 24/7, this makes gaming very uncomfortable and I can not do the things I wish I could do, this device might help, but there are so many types of ways of using it, I might need help figuring out the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Accessibility tester

I would love to become an Xbox accessibility tester, and give more feedback. My gamer tag is ThirdEye0pen. I am a quadriplegic with partial use of my arms, but not function in my wrists or hands. I LOVE to game on my Xbox and have been loyal to the product since its inception, and especially after my wreck. I am able to play a lot of games, however the ones that require 3 buttons to be used at the same time have been off limits. Even racing games, that require the trigger to be held aren't playable for me, even…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base