Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Clinician Looking For Game Access

Good morning!

I was instructed that this was the best venue to make this request.

My name is Bethany- I am a program assistant in the technical services department at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO). The role of our department is to promote the use of adaptive technology and toys with children and youth with special needs. We were incredibly excited to purchase a couple of your adaptive gaming controllers, and we now actually have one available for loan through our Adaptive Toy & Tech Resource Centre, so that families can trial it before deciding whether it is…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Reducing background game music and automatically control the Xbox One in complicated games for blind and visually impaired gamers

Dear Microsoft,

I have some suggestions on improving the accessibility on Xbox One for blind and visually impaired gamers. I am a visually impaired gamer. I like to play Final Fantasy especially Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy. For Final Fantasy XIII-2, I have noticed that the background game music is very loud, and it is sometimes difficult for me to hear the character’s footsteps, depending on the music and the surface the character is navigating on. I strongly suggest for you to add an accessibility feature on the Xbox one console to have the ability to reduce background game music, so…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. urgent : how do i get to review new xbox series x etc

i wonder if you can help me id like to review the xbox series x , i no there are a lot of different people reviewing this but i got a new disability where im losing the covering off my nerves , end result is ending up like stephen hawarkin, that how my partner discribes it. so

normally if you have cp it doesn't change. but and i no ive mentioned the loss of movement , voice etc, to you before when you worked for tobii dynavox. and i didnt get the help we both expected.

so now i have…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Next Xbox ideas

The next upcoming Xbox should have a small fridge connected for at least 2 or three drinks

I believe this would add an amazing quality to the next big product

Many people sit in front of their screens for long periods of time there is not much we can do about that but help them sit longer haha plus it would add a sense of completion to any man cave, college dorm, or any room.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Xbox One - Accessibility - Audio balancing for left-right

The Xbox One already provides a lot of features in terms of accessibility.

One feature that is missing in my opinion is the option to manually balance the audio for left-right. Many Microsoft devices (e.g. phones, workstations) already offer the opportunity to balance it yourself.

The reason i'm asking is that my own hearing is slightly impaired (25-30%) on one side (right) rendering headphones practically useless for many games. In my idea this is a relative simple feature to add to the accessibility options, making the Xbox One system more and more accessible to all members in the public, including…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Playing Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Nonvisually

Hello,
    There is no topic for "Games", so I hope this goes to the correct people.
    The new Age of Empires: Definitive Edition comes with self-voicing menus and narration which makes the game 85% accessible. There are a set of minor changes that need to be added, such as navigating the unit menu with the keyboard, reading tooltips when arrowing over units, making space select or click by default, and adding a grid view to the map. Other than this, all menus are completely readable, units are all labeled, there is keyboard access on everything but the unit menu and…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hi I’m Patrick Lafleur and I’m in a group home called nova salus

Hi, I’m in a group home called nova salus https://www.novasalus.ca/
    My dr is dr Jose mejijia. At the iwk https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/department-sites/psychiatry/our-people/faculty/jose-mejia.html

I was born with ticks and turrets. It’s a movement that you can’t control. If you still don’t now what that is. Look it up on mental health. I have a YouTube channel, that inspires people on what they can do with a disability and moving forward. I would like an Xbox to show people and not just show, to inspire people what you can do with the power of the Xbox. Thank you so much for reading this. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChndT1pE7YxO-fZoeQVmnfg

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. System idea

I think a nice feature for the Xbox community would be to allow group chats. Rather than only being able to send messages to one friend at a time or send them when your all in a strict party. But to allow a group messaging with select friend whenever. We already have the accessibility to message and create looking groups . And join parties so why no have access to group chats

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Settings

a setting which lets your controller stay on even while inactive

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. compatibility patch to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Please consider adding a compatibility patch to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that will allow plug and play accessibility for CH Products yoke and pedal accessories.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I'd like a follow up from the accessibility team to my earlier post.

The only response i'm seeing from your team is: "Thanks for sharing this feedback with us <name>. We're going to pass this information on to the engineering team. Please continue to leave your feedback here and upvote posts that you agree with."

I would like to see some more feedback on what you are actually doing with the feedback. Please consider my earlier suggestion and follow-up with that message on what the current status is - is it feasible? not feasible? what did the engineering team say of this suggestion?

Thank you!

Relates to:
    https://microsoftaccessibility.uservoice.com/forums/307429-microsoft-accessibility-feedback/suggestions/38544484-xbox-one-accessibility-audio-balancing-for-lef

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Instead of zoom disables game essential actions that I have tried to turn off and can’t. Increase text size in games Print is too small

Zoom is almost impossible to turn off I would rather see personalized increase in fount because most games I just can’t read from my bed that is not too far from my tv.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. lower cost for the disabled

more ability for the disabled tto afford products that being on a budget they ccouldnt do like coontrollers annd other expensive items.annd lower tthe prices of the desiign lab also cause those prices for the color options and no colored buttons is crazy.annd the controller options are not good. Shadow is a bad option and the shadow colors suck.poor idea and to expenive 84 dollars for one option and 99 dollars for two garbage colors and designs.the disabled need a voice and im mentally dissabled and on. A huge budget i enjoy making controllers just to expensive for me and…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Could u guys make a joycon like controller so I can game again! I have CMT

have a rare disorder called CMT(Charcoal Marie Tooth) it’s a muscle/nerve disorder. I have nerve pain in my left hand, waist & feet. Long story short my nerve pain Is transferrable. So if a part of my body comes in contact w/ the effected area the Pain transfers over Why I’m not sure, it’s a rare disorder that still needs more research. How this effects me gaming is if my left hand which has nerve damage touches my right hand the pain will transfer over to my right hand & I want to prevent any further nerve damage as long…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Narrator documentation for Xbox.

I cannot find good documentation concerning Narrator usage on the Xbox. The Narrator user guide for Windows is wonderful, but there is nothing similar for the Xbox.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. xbox adaptive controller

Could you please make the xbox adaptive controller connectable with an apple tv please

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Narrator doesn't support Youtube or Netflix

Narrator isn't compatible with Youtube or Netflix on the Xbox One. When you try to navigate either app using narrator, there is just no response. Both services have screen reader support for every other platform I've encountered and it would be great if we could use these apps on the Xbox too.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. xbox global setting for subtitles

The use of subtitles should be set by a global setting to provide consistency across games.

I have some hearing difficulty so use subtitles to help with game audio. Some games have these on by default, some don't. Sometimes, when I start a new game, audio starts with no subtitles and if it's in a cutscene, it's not always possible to pause and go to the game settings to enable them (Gears of War 4 for example).

I suggest that in the XBox Accessibility settings, subtitles for game audio should be a setting. Games could then use this as a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Visual audio for hearing impaired

So as a deaf gamer it can be hard to play without being at a disadvantage so I think it would be so cool if we could get audio subtitles and visual audio like arrows that point to where the sound is coming from I was think it would be cool to maby have a attachable speak deck for a controller that way you can communicate with your teammates I love to play but it can be challenging I think this would change everything for all deaf gamers out there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remote desktop access.

Narrator should be able to support the use of remote desktop. In a similar method to that used by Jaws. Synthesized speech would not be sent over the remote audio device to the local system, instead, the synthesizer commands would be sent back to the local synthesizer using one of the RDP protocols. This functionality is already supported in RDP. The support just needs to be added to Narrator.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base