Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. family safety

Please can we have an option to control time & usage limits for a group of apps. First attempt - group all games in one - group all media in another. We prefer to have kids play till x-time and allow media apps a little later. As the kids add new games/apps it becomes difficult to manage.

Going further is to allow custom groups so apps can be grouped and controlled.

At the moment we have had to disable screentime, and just contrlol the individual apps and smart sockets to cut out the power to the TV as a failsafe.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Marvel Games backwards compatible for Xbox Series X

My list for Marvel Games for backwards compatibility on Xbox Series X

Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction
    Hulk (2003)
    The Incredible Hulk (2008)
    Spider-Man Friend or Foe
    X-Men Legends
    X-Men Legends 2 Rise of Apacolypes
    X-Men Origins Wolverine
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance (with DLC)
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Clinician Looking For Game Access

Good morning!

I was instructed that this was the best venue to make this request.

My name is Bethany- I am a program assistant in the technical services department at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO). The role of our department is to promote the use of adaptive technology and toys with children and youth with special needs. We were incredibly excited to purchase a couple of your adaptive gaming controllers, and we now actually have one available for loan through our Adaptive Toy & Tech Resource Centre, so that families can trial it before deciding whether it is…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Virtual reality

Please make the Xbox Series X/S compatible with VR. Can't believe that according to Phill Spencer it takes years to make a VR interface/platform. Why beeing so late? I wana VR!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Xbox virtual reality

Make windows headsets compatible with Xbox. I just bought a new Xbox so I can play the latest games on the Series X. But now I still need something better than my 1050 ti to run Microsoft Flyight simulator trough Xbox Gamepass.

Just make VR compatible with the Xbox. Only reason I bought the Xbox is so I don't have to buy a new computer/laptop. But now you tell me I need to install this game on pc and try to run it with my 1050 ti?

What's so hard about making virtual reality compatible with my more powerfull Xbox?…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. compatibility patch to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Please consider adding a compatibility patch to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that will allow plug and play accessibility for CH Products yoke and pedal accessories.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reducing background game music and automatically control the Xbox One in complicated games for blind and visually impaired gamers

Dear Microsoft,

I have some suggestions on improving the accessibility on Xbox One for blind and visually impaired gamers. I am a visually impaired gamer. I like to play Final Fantasy especially Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy. For Final Fantasy XIII-2, I have noticed that the background game music is very loud, and it is sometimes difficult for me to hear the character’s footsteps, depending on the music and the surface the character is navigating on. I strongly suggest for you to add an accessibility feature on the Xbox one console to have the ability to reduce background game music, so…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Individual audio controls

Through medical complications when young, and later through an injury sustained while enlisted in the USNavy, I have lost most of the hearing in my left ear. I still like to game, to do things that require headphones. In order for me to play anything competitive, I need to keep the volume so high for my left ear that I'm blowing out my right.

I know there are plenty of capable people in a similar position to myself, and the development of an ear-specific volume control within the volume settings on the XBox or other devices would allow functionality and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. adaptive controller with big stick

Sony had the idea to create an analog joystick for the PlayStation. I have a disability, I cannot fully use the gamepad, fine motor skills do not work well. Now I'm working on a homemade joystick, making a model for 3D printing.
    Many details are not yet ready, such as the joystick mechanism. At first I wanted to use off-the-shelf joysticks like the Logitech extreme 3d pro, but they required a lot of rework.
    I also don’t know how the electronics of the xbox controller will accept the e49 hall sensors instead of the analog sticks.
    here's what should happen. …

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We want a new version of xbox controllers

We want xbox to make same news xbox controllers without changing the all controllers only move the left dual shocks alignment from up position to down position and direction buttons move them from down position to up position. Like that of playstation. But don't stop making the old controllers. As old xbox controllers are not suitable for everyone and only good for EA sports fifa.So that whoever want old xbox controller version gets them and whoever wants new xbox controller versions gets them.And please make the new xbox controller version work on every xbox console and pc. Please don't stop…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Xbox One - Accessibility - Audio balancing for left-right

The Xbox One already provides a lot of features in terms of accessibility.

One feature that is missing in my opinion is the option to manually balance the audio for left-right. Many Microsoft devices (e.g. phones, workstations) already offer the opportunity to balance it yourself.

The reason i'm asking is that my own hearing is slightly impaired (25-30%) on one side (right) rendering headphones practically useless for many games. In my idea this is a relative simple feature to add to the accessibility options, making the Xbox One system more and more accessible to all members in the public, including…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Big Ergonomic Xbox Controller

Please sell a Xbox controller that's long (lots of space between hands) or split - like big Joycons. My hands are killing me. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. video game interface for corrective exercises?

Hello,,,I am a pediatric physical therapist and work with kids with a range of disabilities. I think having some video game interface could be helpful in working towards some corrective exercises as a starter a program to help strengthen intrinsic muscles of the foot, exercises to help treat idiopathic toe walking...etc..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. urgent : how do i get to review new xbox series x etc

i wonder if you can help me id like to review the xbox series x , i no there are a lot of different people reviewing this but i got a new disability where im losing the covering off my nerves , end result is ending up like stephen hawarkin, that how my partner discribes it. so

normally if you have cp it doesn't change. but and i no ive mentioned the loss of movement , voice etc, to you before when you worked for tobii dynavox. and i didnt get the help we both expected.

so now i have…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox Series X/S - Audio Balance For Hearing Impaired

I am partially deaf in one ear and currently struggling with audio balance on the Xbox Series X and I know many other hearing impaired people are also struggling with the lack of an audio balance slider.

This could easily be solved for the Xbox with the addition of a left/right audio balance slider.

Microsoft has been really great with so many accessibility features but there is pretty much nothing for the hearing impaired.

Many other Microsft devices along with most other platforms already have this feature and surely it can't be that hard to introduce.

As I am partially…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Next Xbox ideas

The next upcoming Xbox should have a small fridge connected for at least 2 or three drinks

I believe this would add an amazing quality to the next big product

Many people sit in front of their screens for long periods of time there is not much we can do about that but help them sit longer haha plus it would add a sense of completion to any man cave, college dorm, or any room.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Settings

a setting which lets your controller stay on even while inactive

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Playing Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Nonvisually

Hello,
    There is no topic for "Games", so I hope this goes to the correct people.
    The new Age of Empires: Definitive Edition comes with self-voicing menus and narration which makes the game 85% accessible. There are a set of minor changes that need to be added, such as navigating the unit menu with the keyboard, reading tooltips when arrowing over units, making space select or click by default, and adding a grid view to the map. Other than this, all menus are completely readable, units are all labeled, there is keyboard access on everything but the unit menu and…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for Gamers Living with Hearing Loss

I recently began using hearing aids and while I'm fortunate enough to be able to use them with my over the ear headset it would be great if there was an option to connect them directly to the console or controller.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. update or eliminate xbox "region" support system

hi. it would be great if the "region" support system will b updated by adding countries that are not yet included in your supported regions or better just eliminate the region support system completely. it is written on your xbox page that "Nothing should come between you and the games you love. Xbox strives to eliminate barriers and to empower gamers to play the way they play.". eliminating barriers are impossible when you still have unsupported regions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base