Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. memory problems v passwords

There must be a way to help those like me who have brain haemorrhages/injury! every time I mess up trying to access services online I am required to use passwords/reset passwords etc. I cant remember which password is which for what and when.
    I also cant remember what to do if I look for solutions to problems. eg. If you mess up and youre told to go to setting then something else then something else, click on this and that and then reboot/try again etc. Whoa! Once Ive read all those instructions I cant get past going to Settings. After…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. full screen crosshair on windows 10 ?

full screen crosshair on windows 10 following the mouse cursor ?

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

167 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MICROSOFT WANTS ITS USERS TO STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER AND USE MICROSOFT EDGE INSTEAD. FOR ME I THINK THIS IS A VERY BAD IDEA.

INTERNET EXPLORER IS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER, EASIER & FASTER THAN EDGE. IT ONLY TAKES ONE OR TWO CLICKS TO DO MOST ANYTHING WITH INTERNET EXPLORER.
    SOME OF THE MANY FEATURES NOT AVAILABLE ON EDGE: 1. FAVOURITE BAR ICONS & ADDRESSES IN ONE CLICK. 2. FILE, EDIT, VIEW, TOOLS, HELP, AND ALL THE MANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN EACH OF THESE MENU. 3.PAGE WITH THE OPTIONS TO SEND THE PAGE OR LINK THROUGH OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHICH GIVES EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE RECEIPIENT WHEN THE FIRST LETTER OF THE RECEIPIENT IS TYPED. MICROSOFT HAS MADE EDGE AS A REPLICATION OF GOGGLE CHROME…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve navigability of the LinkedIn home page feed items

When viewing feed items on the LinkedIn home page with NVDA and Firefox, it is hard to navigate from post to post. The start of each post has neither a landmark, nor a heading. The only headings after the main one are those of shared articles, and possibly comments. But the actual post content, usually above the shared article, is skipped over. And there is no easy way to find it. Other posts that don't have a shared item are skipped alltogether by conventional navigation means. Please improve this so that the front page becomes more navigable.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can I pin more than one person ( two ASL interpreters) during the meeting?

Can I pin more than one person (two ASL interpreters) during the meeting? Is Microsoft Team allow us to pin one person like zoom?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Light Gray Windows Fonts to Bold Black for Visually Impaired

The light gray colors used by Windows GUI is nearly impossible for me to see. Exists in Windows, Word, etc. Anyway to change to a bold black font? Size of font is not the issue, it is the color.

Third party apps? Chrome offers a add on for Contrast, but the issue is the Windows interface.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bugs With Windows Eye Control

They are some keys on the Windows Eye Control that don't generate the correct scancodes, which don't work with certain applications that expect correct scancodes. For example, pressing F11 on most browsers will bring the browsers fullscreen. F11 key (along with many other keys) are broken. They send the correct virtualkeys but not scancodes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. i want you change it back in excel for the same way www.same way if i copy that in excel

i want you change it back in excel for the same way www.same way if i copy that in excel that is what I want Microsoft to do

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. screen reader picking up chat box messages during Teams meetings

Hi there,

In a recent video meeting via Teams- a participant's screen reader (NVDA) was not able to pick up/notified when there were new messages written by other participants in the chat box. Their screen reader did pick up when someone had a raised hand, but not when there was a new message. Can you provide any advice on this?
    Thanks

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop turning hashtags in Yammer to lower case

This is not "Ease of Access" but you don't have Yammer in your list and the field is mandatory. Maybe you should have "Other" in your drop-down list. However, that is not what I want to post about...

Whenever I put a hashtag into Yammer I use camel case as this is best practice (it helps screen readers read the words as individual words instead of gobeldegook. Yammer forces all hashtags to lower case! Why would you do that? #StopChangingCamelCase

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. What Im I Supost To Put Here???

It Deeplyyy Challenges Me

LinkedIn For Those Users Like Myself Who Pay A Monthly Premium

They Have No Customer Phone Support! I'm Not Looking For Toll Free Phone Support!!! But Live People I Can Dialogue With!!!

For This Super Dyslexic ADD Guy Chat And Email Support Are Of No Help!!!

Sadly LegalShield Does Not Support LinkedIn! Corporately They Support Facebook! I Have Absolutely Nooo Interest In Facebook!!!

Come On LinkedIn Step To The Plate For Your Premium Users!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Magnifying Glass Icon

When using the magnifier I prefer the magnifying glass icon over the box that Windows 10 currently has available, is there a way to remove just the update that installed the newest options for the magnifier? Is it possible to have the magnifying glass option re-added in future updates?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clinician Looking For Game Access

Good morning!

I was instructed that this was the best venue to make this request.

My name is Bethany- I am a program assistant in the technical services department at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO). The role of our department is to promote the use of adaptive technology and toys with children and youth with special needs. We were incredibly excited to purchase a couple of your adaptive gaming controllers, and we now actually have one available for loan through our Adaptive Toy & Tech Resource Centre, so that families can trial it before deciding whether it is…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Virtual reality

Please make the Xbox Series X/S compatible with VR. Can't believe that according to Phill Spencer it takes years to make a VR interface/platform. Why beeing so late? I wana VR!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Different Application Colors in Office 365

I wish I could upload an image. My suggestion is to change the colors for the application icons in the online Office 365 view. Sway and SharePoint, for example, are the same color with an S. Only the shape distinguishes the two. I have clicked on Sway when I wanted SharePoint on more than one occasion. Forms is also the same color and since the Forms/Sway icons are similar shape, that too is deceiving at times. One Drive and Outlook are next to one another and both blue but at least the icons are different enough (cloud and no letter…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Xbox virtual reality

Make windows headsets compatible with Xbox. I just bought a new Xbox so I can play the latest games on the Series X. But now I still need something better than my 1050 ti to run Microsoft Flyight simulator trough Xbox Gamepass.

Just make VR compatible with the Xbox. Only reason I bought the Xbox is so I don't have to buy a new computer/laptop. But now you tell me I need to install this game on pc and try to run it with my 1050 ti?

What's so hard about making virtual reality compatible with my more powerfull Xbox?…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Modify F9 keyboard in Narrator/Virtual mode as it is dedicated for reading mode in Edge

Hello Microsoft Accessibility Team,

Please modify the F9 keyboard in Narrator/Virtual mode as this keyboard is dedicated for reading mode in Edge or other internet browser like in Chrome. I know I can turn off virtual mode temporary or permanently in Narrator, but this is make the reading much more slower when the webpage supports the reading mode.
    I know there are several function keyboards which are not assign to any methodes in Narrator/virtual mode.

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Gabor

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Windows 10 magnifier handling multiple monitors

I really like Windows 10 magnifier. It's lightweight and doesn't stress computers out.

At office I'm using two monitors and a third party magnifying software (ZoomText magnifier from Freedom Scientific) because I like the handling of two monitors. But this Software requires nearly a gaming rig just to assist me. With my office-PC it remarkably slows me down during my daily work. In addition the fonts in windows apps are processed really bad.

So my wish to Microsoft is to implement a similar handling of multiple monitors to ZoomText in the same light weight manor as usual.

I try to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatically enable audio for Hyper-V virtual machines when using screen readers.

Although I have very limited experience using Hyper-V, my understanding is that audio is not available when connecting to a virtual machine using Hyper-V Manager. I have read about an Enhanced Session Mode, but this must be manually enabled on Windows Server and it does not appear to pass audio back to the host machine unless RDP is enabled in the Windows virtual machine.

Can you see the problem here? How is a totally blind person supposed to independently configure a virtual machine if audio cannot be used until a setting in the virtual machine itself is enabled? If a…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Linkedin needs a dark mode

I mostly work in React, which is easy to do theming on. I don't know what you have this written in, but, it's really hard for people like me to look at the white backgrounds on this app for extended periods of time.

By definition "scrolling through lists of jobs" is a browse-heavy experience, and using your website makes my eyes hurt a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base