Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Soundscape + Minecraft Earth = Blind Friendly Minecraft

Just trying out Minecraft Earth and I'm being reminded of the scavenger hunt I had at CSUN 2019. Microsoft, I think if you are able to implement both of these together, you may have a game changer plenty of pun intended.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we give Microsoft Contacts and Microsoft Calendar their own Domains ?

I can't export Microsoft Contacts and Microsoft Calendar as separate Web Launchers because they are bunched inside Outlook , can we give them their own domains like calendar.live.com and contacts.live.com ?

I'm actually not going to use them at all if they are bunched inside Outlook like this , if they had their own domains , they could have easily rivaled Google Contacts and Google Calendar .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Seeing ai webinar

Microsoft have done webinars on Windows and office products it's time for apps to feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Microsoft Edge print screen has unconventional option to close or dismiss

The PRINT screen for Edge has an annoying format. The print dialog does NOT have a close button "X" in the upper right of the window. The user is forced to close an unwanted print dialog using a CANCEL button at the bottom of the dialog or window. Why is this frustrating?

FIRST, it is unconventional. Most print dialogs have a close button at upper right of window. Microsoft apps use the backdoor under FILE to print, but the edge print option differs from the appearance of a Microsoft Application such as WORD.

SECOND, it is easy for the user…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I cann ot receive text messages. I cannot receive text messages to get text codes. I cannot receive tech support by inputting text codes.

Verbal voice codes for those of us who cannot, cannot receive text messages on our phones. No text codes!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add MouseKeys on Accessibility home page

Microsoft products have an incredibly useful feature called the "MouseKeys". But the page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility is not providing the details of it. Please add it to accessibility homepage with due respect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow Larger Taskbar Icons

Allow larger taskbar Icons
    My grandmother is visually impaired, and has trouble seeing the small taskbar icons on her computer. I would like a way to make the taskbar icons larger.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. windows magnifier and Excel

hello
    when the magnifier is running i can not edit any Excel cell. MsExcel just stops working.
    it only happens with whole screen option.
    Thanks in advance
    best Regards

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. voiceover

I would like to have a webinnar on using office word and excell using voiceover on the mac. A true funtional session. For example creating a word document; creating headings and lists; navigating the document and saving it. For Excell creating and using column and row headings and having voiceover read the headings while navigating the spreadsheet. Creating formulas and other basic spreadsheet activities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ONLINE Office 365 template in Word with 24 point Calibri Font. There no ability to change the default document setting In word online

ONLINE Office 365 template in Word with 24 point Calibri Font. There no ability to change the default document setting In word online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Microsoft Edge and Photos on Linux

I understand that making a DEB Package is downright frustrating and discouraging , when big companies are told about Linux , they go straight to making DEB Packages but there are very easy ways to port to Linux .

If you just create a working Tarball made inside a Linux Environment and send it to the major Repository Maintainers , they can do the rest .

The Major Repository Maintainers in the Linux World are openSUSE , Arch , Red Hat Enterprise , Linux Mint , Mageia , Debian , Solus and Ubuntu .

If you want to reach out…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Guidelines for accessibility

What's Linkedin best practices for posting from an accessibility standpoint? E.g.: imagery with text. Does Linkedin have a clear guideline for content creators?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. increase the notification/system tray icons to at least 32 pixels option, its important for tray indicators,

increase the notification/system tray icons to at least 32 pixels option, its important for tray indicators, for example processor and disk real time indicator, upload, download, indicator, antivirus indicator, keyscrambler indicator, cups lock indicator, etc, for years we are still stuck n 16px for tray icons and nobody cares, its too small for some people who wears eye glasses, i think to increase system tray icons to 32 pixels will be something inventive for the new windows os, if it will be possible to make this changes on windows 10 so better,
    this is very important, for some people, even…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow A Free Download option for Windows 7 and 8 ,8.1

Some of us in the Florida Panhandle are still struggling after the events that took our town and many others that fateful day When Hurricane Micheal came ashore on Oct 13th 2018.On that day many peoples lives have changed .It has taken many people almost two years to repair their business their homes and their schools much of the way our lives have also been on hold.It took almost six months to get cable and internet back on in our town of Panama city Florida.Well after all that Me and my family are ok and it has taken a lot…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bitlocker screen gives no indication that the eyesight impaired can use

My customer has many eyesight impaired users, but they also use Bitlocker with PIN on startup. The Bitlocker screen doesn't give these users any indication that they are on the Bitlocker screen and need to enter their pin.
    The screen times out after a short while, so the user never knows where they are in the process if they forget to count after pressing the power button or the machine doesn't respond in the expected way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please fix the taskbar issue

Each time I click into a full screen game in certain areas, the task bar minimizes my game and automatically begins to type into a search bar. This issue is worse when navigating through webpages. Please add an update to fix this issue. This is causing alot of frustration when even doing simple webage navigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hello - I'd love to see a version of the Microsoft Learning Tools availability chart that is accessible to a screenreader.

I love the Microsoft Learning Tools availability chart and would love to find a version of it that is accessible to a screen reader.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When updating Windows 10, please make Narrator work with CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra.

In a future update for Windows 10, please add support for CyberLink PowerDVD to Narrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "point to input" is active no matter where you point it when using on-screen keyboard.

I am a muscular dystrophy patient. Only a small movement of the wrist.

If you are using the on-screen keyboard, the input function is only enabled within the on-screen keyboard.

Furthermore, make sure that "point to input" is active no matter where you point to it.

For example, you can click on the taskbar icon, scroll the internet screen, move the on-screen keyboard, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base