Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add audio description tracks for Film and TV content in the Microsoft store

As per Apple, Netflix and Amazon; would it be possible to add audio description soundtracks for TV and Film content on the Microsoft store. I have just had it confirmed that this feature is not available and it would be a boon for visually impaired customers who can't currently enjoy this content from the MS store. I have had to choose a category for this idea that is not necessarily correct as there wasn't a category for store content or film and tv

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give us the option of removing clock from the lock screen.

I and many others it seems would like full control over what is displayed on the lock screen.
    I entered this under "Windows Magnifier" as there was no option for windows 10

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't force us to choose a school or job, give us something useful.

Please consider changing the registration method (LinkedIn) from forcing a selection and/or naming of a job/school. Not all of us are employed. And not all of us are in school, because not all disabilities can be "reasonably accommodated." Sure, I am disabled. But that's not relevant to seeking a job unless it directly interferes with the process of a job I can't do, and I'm not here to look for a job that I can't do. I shouldn't have to label myself in a way that would make a potential employer question me or my ability. Let me select student…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improvements on accessibility options on MS Teams

Microsoft Teams itself is not fit for any purpose with regards to the accessibility technical software user due to my deafblindness. I use ZoomText - Invert mode as keeping backgrounds to black, the use of MS Teams obliges me to switch between normal and Invert mode on ZoomText so too frequent throughout!

Why the accessibility options on MS Teams so limited in comparison with these options on other applications, such as Outlook, Excel, Word etc.

MS Teams is very important tool enabling deafblind users to have the use for any purposes - especially working from home during pandemic journey, however…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow me to edit "Other" on MS Forms

We are considering changing away from MS Forms to SurveyMonkey because MS Forms does not allow us to edit the text on an "Other" field.

We are a charity that uses MS Forms to understand our participants' experiences of our activities. We collect diversity data to ensure we're reaching a range of people and communities. Currently, our forms say things like "Male/Female/Other-please state". Using the word "Other" in this context is considered not good practice. But for some reason, MS Forms won't allow us to edit the word "Other". Please can you change it so we can edit the word…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include Microsoft Teams in the list of Categories

On this Feedback Site include a Category for Microsoft Teams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft Teams - Type a New Message box

In Windows Desktop app (and possibly other Teams sites). Change the placeholder text for a new Chat message to include the Team & Channel or People the message will be sent to.

Without this, the problem is a screen reader user must tab to find the chat they are in. Even Ins+T for the Window Title does not tell the user the Chat they are in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the ability to set notification sounds per app

Given that most smartphones have this ability, being able to change the sounds different app notifications make from the control center would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Big Ergonomic Xbox Controller

Please sell a Xbox controller that's long (lots of space between hands) or split - like big Joycons. My hands are killing me. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. legacy like pdf reader

dear microsoft,
    for the last few years i have particularly enjoyed using the pdf reader on edge legacy to carry out some research.however since the update to the new version in June i have been unable to really do anything due to the poor quality of the new version. surely it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and integrate the old viewer within the new (or maybe perhaps keep legacy as a PDF reader rather then a browser), this is a particularly feature that is loved and used by many people and it would be very sad if it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Text to Speech Hot Key - Read Highlighted Text Only

Hi there,

I'd like to follow up about my inquiry to include a feature on Narrator to read highlighted text only by pressing a hot key. This feature does not currently exist, but instead, Narrator reads off all sorts of content which is distracting. I simply need to be able to highlight text, press a hot key, and have that text read without the distracting announcements that Narrator produces each time you switch windows, select content, etc. I work on secure computers that don't allow plug-ins or the adding of additional software to enable this capability, and would greatly appreciate…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding Bluetooth device, "Pair Device?" dialog bug

If I have text size set to 120% and add a Bluetooth device the confirmation dialog box is unusable. You can see "Pair Device?" but the Allow and Cancel buttons are not visible and can't be triggered with keystrokes, ie: Alt+A, Alt+C, Enter or Escape.
    I have to set text size to 100%, add the Bluetooth device and set text back to 120%.
    The dialog at 120% is only 1/3 the height of the same dialog at 100%. About 100px vs 300px.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. calendar shades for alternating months

In old versions of Outlook it was easy to delineate between months. Now all the months have the same background color. It's too easy to accidentally make an appointment in the wrong month. Ask me how I know....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. video game interface for corrective exercises?

Hello,,,I am a pediatric physical therapist and work with kids with a range of disabilities. I think having some video game interface could be helpful in working towards some corrective exercises as a starter a program to help strengthen intrinsic muscles of the foot, exercises to help treat idiopathic toe walking...etc..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can we have the option of wider borders on Windows apps

Can we have the option of wider borders on Windows apps without the need for high contrast mode? When I have a number of applications overlapping it is really difficult to spot where one end and another starts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tiling Window Manager, Halmak, and Privacy/Security

I have quite a few ideas. First, and foremost, add a tiling window manager that’s built into Windows, and allow the user to choose between stacking, tiling, and hybrid (similar to BSPWM). Second, I would like to request that the Halmak layout gets added as an alternate layout built into the OS. And finally, I would highly suggest not using any strange back door software, so that users can have more privacy, while also being secure from hackers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. urgent : how do i get to review new xbox series x etc

i wonder if you can help me id like to review the xbox series x , i no there are a lot of different people reviewing this but i got a new disability where im losing the covering off my nerves , end result is ending up like stephen hawarkin, that how my partner discribes it. so

normally if you have cp it doesn't change. but and i no ive mentioned the loss of movement , voice etc, to you before when you worked for tobii dynavox. and i didnt get the help we both expected.

so now i have…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add mouse wheel scrolling in Ease of access/mouse with keyboard

Hello Microsoft Accessibility Team,

Please add a mouse wheel scrolling function to Ease of access/Mouse with keyboard tool.
    As there is a tool to move the mouse cursor and click with left/right buttons in Ease of access, but the mouse wheel scrolling function is not availbe yet.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Gabor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a keyboard shortcuts search window to Windows OS, Edge and Office applications as well

Hello Microsoft Accessibility Team,

Please add a keyboard shortcuts search window for Edge, Windows OS and Office applications as well.
    We have same solution in Narrator, Teams and Visual Studio Code applications. This would be a great solution to find the right keyboard shortcut in a minute rather than open the help menu or search the keyboard on the internet.
    This would be very useful normal end users as well to more focus on the keyboard work than using mouse.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Gabor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix "Hightlighted Text Effect" Now Present in OneNote While Using Windows High Contrast Setting

I use Windows High Contrast setting (black background, white text) to make it easier to see. I use OneNote daily for work and as of November 12, all text, even on old notes, looks like it has been highlighted. Background is still black, text is still white but the light-colored "highlighted text effect" makes the text hard to read. I've done nothing aside from opening OneNote this morning and this issue was not present yesterday. I've also restarted my computer to see if that would fix the issue and it remains the same. I just want to point his out…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base