Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have Neurological ie Memory/Thinking PROBLEMS Here in the UK.... :(

I have Neurological ie Memory/Thinking PROBLEMS Here in the UK.... :( Its Very Hard for customers Like us!!.... :( *We have Chronic \fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis & I'm 66 Years Old!!... :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cross-Shaped Mouse Pointer in Excel Spreadsheet is Small even when set to Windows Black Extra Large

I'm not sure if it's just my computers, but if I set my mouse pointer in Windows to one of the Large or Extra Large schemes, the mouse pointer is generally larger, except for several places in Excel. On the spreadsheet, the cross-shaped mouse pointer appears to be white and does not become larger when setting to any of the Windows Black schemes or the Large or Extra Large schemes.

If possible, could the Excel pointers be affected by these Windows schemes?

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ReadAloud Feedback - Speed with Number Values and Access to Different Speeds in Edge

Hello,

I noticed that the ReadAloud speed slider varies in output between Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Edge (new or old browser). Would it be possible to have the higher speeds in Word to be available in Edge (to be used in PDFs and web pages).

Would it also be possible to add a numeric value to the speed to be able to know we're selecting a speed setting again such as 14.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edge needs to have customizable 'new tabs' - This is absolutely ridiculous

Are we really living in a world where a non-bloated basic-functioning internet browser DOES NOT EXIST?

I was enjoying my first day on Edge until I realized I can't set what page my new tabs go to. Seriously? This is day-one stuff.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Actions on several lines

Hello accessibility team,
    On Github, recently some actions on several lines at once have become available. For instance, a reviewer may select several lines and put a comment related to all of them; or to add a suggestion related to several lines at once to remove clutter in the commits by making commits number lower.
    As for now, this functionality is not accessible with screen readers.
    There are at least two possibilities on how to implement that:
    1. (Better) Make line numbers clickable toggle buttons or links. Scenario: When a screen reader user puts his/her cursor on the line number,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GitHub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How are we expected to use MS products if everything is going to icon based tools?

Microsoft has moved to a icon/picture based tool system that is like Chinese to many of us. Why can't we have text discriptions under the icons? I learned to read when I was 4 so I could stop looking at pictures. Now, my damaged brain does not interpret pictures. What is that icon that looks like an old school building? What are 3 horizontal bars? What is the circle with a line off the side? Is it the symbol for No gender? Can I get rid of the styles box? It is distracting my eyes as I look for the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Narrator control for Sticky Keys users

It would be helpful if the combination of Narrator and Sticky Keys allowed the control of Narrator for users who can only press one key at a time. i.e.tapping Caps Lock then tapping R should perform the Narrator Read Window command.
    This can be worked around by locking the Narrator key, but it requires unlocking again if the user wants to type some text - and the lock/unlock command of Narrator+Z cannot be entered one key at a time, so needs to be re-mapped to something like CTRL+\ to be accessed using Sticky Keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Shortcut for controller and narrater mode

Hi, I love the fact that narrater is on xbox but one thing I find really annoying is the double click shortcut to switch between narrater mode and controller mode. If you don't get the timing just right you either end up returning to the home screen or to the loaded app/game. It would be great if this shortcut was revised as it's also ergonomically awkward to access considering the amount one uses it in places such as Microsoft edge.

Thanks for all the amazing work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OCR on xbox

Hi, it would be fantastic if narrator gained the NVDA like ability of using OCR on visual text so that, with a certain button combo or in narrater mode, the printed words could be at least read out. A lot of blind gamers use their windows machines connected to their xboxes to do this. It would be good to remove the need for extra hardware.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Framework for locational audio of voice chat

Hi, it occurs to me that it would be great to have the ability in games for the speaker in multiplayer games speaking from the direction of their PC so their voice will come from a specific place in the stereo field and will be quieter the further they are away. The application would be to guide blind players as would work in the real world but also increase that sense of reality for other gamers. It seems to be a simple series of calculations as long as you know where the other PC is in relation to the listener…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Eyes First Games  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copilot over the internet

Hello, I was hoping it would be possible to do copilot over the internet tfor those of us who live alone but may either require help or want to experience a game together. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would really appreciate if we were able to use the surface pen to write on the windows outlook calendar

I would like to be able to use the surface pen in order to jot down notes and events on the calendar. It doesn't seem like that feature is currently available but I do see we are able to use the surface pen to write emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. arc touch mouse (SE)

I just bought the latest ARC Touch Mouse but due to the new curve it does not fit in my hand (missing two fingers) the mobile mouse has the same issue but the other way around. would like to see if the less curved ARC mouse is still somehow available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ho un problema

Salve, vorrei sapere perché il mio account microsoft non si collega alla play per poter usufruire le nuove funzionalità di minecraft

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More virtual desktop keyboard shortcuts

I control my computer entirely by voice, which mostly involves mapping voice commands to keyboard shortcuts to control things. This works well provided the keyboard shortcuts exist.

Virtual desktops in Windows 10 are a great feature, but are missing some quite obvious and essential functionality. In particular there are no keyboard shortcuts for going to particular workspaces by number, or for moving windows between workspaces. For example the recommended way to move a window from workspace one to workspace five is to open the task view and then drag the window around. This seems like terrible UX even for normal…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio has several longstanding screen reader accessibility bugs

Originally reported in SQL Server Management Studio 2014 and still present in SSMS 2017, screen readers Narrator and NVDA do not accurately read aloud items in the object browser. For example, the user navigates to the Database node in the browser but the screen reader falsely announces it as "Security." Also as of SSMS 2017, screen readers announce line numbers in query editor windows even when line numbers are turned off in SSMS settings and in the screen reader's verbosity settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Reduce wasted header space for To/Cc/Bcc/Subject for new emails in updated Outlook 2016. Not enough space remaining to see what you compose.

Please reduced the new waste space used for the headers in the updated version of Outlook 2016. I just received the update this week.

On my laptop especially, When I open a new email to compose, so much space is wasted by the newly formatted To/ Cc/ Bcc/ Subject area that I can only see a few lines of the email I am composing.

Please correct this poor design. The prior version was much more space efficient.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microsoft website is not cognitively accessible

For example, this page:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17161/windows-10-find-all-your-apps-and-programs
    has a moving .gif image which can't be adblocked. I had to physically cover part of the screen in order to read the text. Please make the website compliant with WCAG success criterion 2.2.2. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Surface Duo - Audio Streaming for Deaf and Hearing Impaired

I hope the Surface Duo team can implement direct audio streaming in Android 10 to hearing aids and the Cochlear Nucleus 7 sound processor for the deaf.

Apple iOS has had this capability for more than two years and Google Pixels now have it, including the new Pixel 4. No other Android devices have it.

"With the official release of Android 10, Google Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, and Pixel 3a XL* will be the first Android phones to support direct streaming to ReSound LiNX Quattro™ and Beltone Amaze™ hearing aids and the Cochlear™ Nucleus® 7 Sound Processor.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base