Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use TTS voice in accordance with installation locale, instead of the english voice

I've noticed today that if installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in bulgarian, Narrator starts with the english voice Zira. Not only that, but it is the only voice available to select in Narrator until the first restart during the installation process. After the machine restarts for the first time during the installation process, the bulgarian voice "Ivan" is available to select and use in Narrator. Yes, but at that stage half of the installation has passed inaccessibly, because only an english voice can be used and the UI is in bulgarian, making it unreadable with Narrator. In my opinion,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Fix the spelling of accessibility in several of these sub-forum

Several places in this forum "office accessibility", "word accessibility" you have spelled it with two Is. How can we take Microsoft's commitment to access when the person creating the forum apparently cannot spell!

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Reverse the columns in the tables for keystroke-based help articles

Many of the older knowledge-based articles which show keystrokes for office have column 1 of the table showing the keystroke and column 2 showing what that keystroke does.

Most people don't care what the keystroke is; they have an action they want to perform and they want to know what keystroke they need to access it.
        So be consistent; the first column should always be the action so it's easier to look up.
        Someone needs to go through all the help articles that list keystrokes and clean this up. Most of the newer help articles don't have this problem.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessiiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • debee@jfcl.com

Unable to create fully accessible handouts

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessiiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessiiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • allow people to downlaod apps without the microsoft acount

Allowing people to download apps without having a Microsoft acount

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox - Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • More eye gaze apps for tablets!

There are tons of apple apps but being an Android family, they are of no use to us. Can we get more options for eye gaze apps (games and learning) that aren't apple-based??

2 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Simplify web access bar for Tobii

The current eye gaze system for internet access is very complicated for users who are developmentally delayed or inexperienced with mouse selections. There should be a more simplified way of moving around the internet. Picture symbols would be great!

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 2 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • MICROSOFT CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A DISGRACE

I am posting on this forum as a desperate attempt. I would like to make an official complaint but despite my best efforts I cannot find the relevant information.
                      I purchased a £900+ Microsoft surface in January 2017, for my studies. And within the first weeks of usage I believed it to be faulty. Because, my battery bar would indicate I had 100% battery but the amount of usage time would state 8hrs whereas 10 minutes later my battery would be at 70% and have 21 hours of battery life according to the screen but would die within 4 hours.…

2 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add a function to be able to choose to NOT save sent items in your sent folder.

It would be nice, like in Outlook on a PC, if you could have the option to NOT automatically save sent email (saved in sent folder). Many of us in my office do not like to automatically save sent email. If it's critical, I just cc myself. I was able to do this when I was on a PC. Mac does not give that option.

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessiiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Localize Narrator to bulgarian

Since Windows XP, we in Bulgaria have a bulgarian localization of Windows. Narrator however has always been in english. After the TTS voice "Ivan" was introduced In Windows 10 Insider Preview, I've noticed some partial localization of Narrator to bulgarian (mainly for its messages). In recent insider builds of Windows 10 however, Narrator has reverted to be completely in english. Please localize Narrator to bulgarian, so it is more user-friendly for users of Windows and Narrator in Bulgaria, who are not familiar with the english language.

Thank you in advance!

P.S.: If the bulgarian localization team needs assistance or consultation…

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Closed Captioning for all Microsoft videos

Please provide Closed Captioning for all Microsoft videos in the Microsoft Educator Community making all content more widely accessible.

3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • On YouTube with Edge, the player's progress slider is no longer visible if high-contrast mode is active

On YouTube with Edge, the player's progress slider is no longer visible if high-contrast mode is active. This happens since a few days ago, when the design of the YouTube HTML5 player changed again. To reproduce this, in Settings -> Ease of Access -> High-Contrast, select the high-contrast black theme. Then open Edge, go to YouTube and select a random video to play. When it starts playing, use the mouse to click on the playback progress bar to fast forward a bit, so the progress indicator from the left end is at least somewhat filled. Previously, the "filling" was visible…

0 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Please help all sighted users format their Word documents correctly

When I say to a sighted person: Can you please put headings into your document through the styles dialogue", they have no idea what I'm talking about. Headings are not something sighted people intrinsically understand when using word. The vast majority of word documents I read do not have proper headings in them. In fact, sometimes I get documents that have the heading style on a whole paragraph.
                                I can think of 3 solutions to this problem:
                                1. Have an AI style the document based off line breaks and font. If there is a line with a blank line on…

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessiiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Please require alt text when inserting an image into an office document

Go into Microsoft Word, clock on the insert menu. Click on image and select an image. Once you press OK, the image is inserted into a document with no prompting for alt text. Most of the world has no idea what alt text is.

Please add either another required field to the insert dialogue that says "please describe the image" or "please describe the image to a blind person" that will be alt text, or have a second dialogue pop up after the insert image dialogue that requires alt text before the image can be inserted.
                                  These fields can have…

3 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessiiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Allow screen readers to access the graphics menu in Microsoft Office

Go to the insert menu. Choose "picture". Select the image you wish to insert. Now the image will be inserted into the document with no alt text (Please require everyone to type in alt text when inserting an image). Now with a screen reader, it is impossible to get to the picture menu to add alt text.

2 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make signature lines in Office accessible to a screen reader

In Word 2016, go to the insert menu and click on signature line. If one tabs through the boxes here, they are not labeled. Next, after filling out the unlabeled boxes, press OK. Now a graphic called "Microsoft Office signature line..." is inserted into the document. First, the signature graphic should say "Unsigned Microsoft Office signature line..." so the user knows the line is unsigned. Second, there is no way for the screen reader user to click the signature to sign the line.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Edit support pages for good accessibility behaviour

Hello,

having searched & read to page 5 I can't see this comment. I hope it's not pedantic?

I am heartened to see a more cohesive and fuller set of accessibility support pages by MSoft (Sept. 2017) however,,,

Descriptive links are not used on this 2016 page but should be (example: "here" used multiple times):

https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2016/10/19/accessibility-in-the-classroom-tools-that-impact-my-students/

This is concept explained on a separate page:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Get-accessible-templates-for-Office-ca086caa-2bd2-4ac8-8c12-4cd495bd4d76?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB

"Hyperlink information: Mostly, users don’t find clear and accurate information about the hyperlinks inserted in a document, spreadsheet or presentation. The accessible templates include appropriate description about the hyperlinks. For example, click here hyperlink is…

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Project - Office Accessiiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • El reconocimiento de voz de windows

Por mi discapacidad (ELA (miembros superiores)) utilizo el Reconocimiento de voz de Windows en mi computador con Windows 10 Me siento realmente emocionado en poder utilizar mi computador con windows diez sin utilizar mis manos. Sería interesante que este mismo dispositivo estuviera incluido en celulares Nokia Lumia. OJALA!

2 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base