Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix bug in LinkedIn that strips out alternative text for images when I post a link in my feed

When I post a link to my blog post on my LinkedIn feed, LinkedIn strips out the alternative text for the featured image.

And replaces it with image alternative text of "No alt text provided for this image."

The featured image has appropriate link text. I don't understand why LinkedIn would remove it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. zoomtext and teams

I use Zoomtext with full screen magnification and this works well for pretty much most things however am having issues with Teams. I don't use a screen reader as i'm also deaf, so am relying solely on magnification. In Teams the toolips and popups that are continuously appearing on mouseover obscure what you're trying to read. In a video meeting, the captioning disappears before you can finish reading it - as you have to move the screen around to read it with the level of magnification I use. Is there a way to have toe captioning appear in its own…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Markdown systemwide for rich text writing and reading

[Markdown](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markdown), is a plain text method of entering and reading text. It's mainly used on the web, but I'd love for it to be all over Windows, so that people, blind or otherwise, can focus on writing and reading, have complete control of formatting, and finally have at least one way for braille users to know what text styles are used, and to easily use them too. It can even be used by sighted people who are now used to using basic Markdown symbols.

Windows has begun adding features so that users can focus on tasks more. Focus…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel and magnifier suggestion

The first idea is that when using magnifier it would be useful to have the reading commands available in the right-click menu options.

For Excel when using magnifier it would be useful to have the row and column data show up at the top vertical and the left horizontal edges of the magnification portal for the cell you are editing. I think this would help people keep track of the cell that there in, which is a common problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve navigability of the LinkedIn home page feed items

When viewing feed items on the LinkedIn home page with NVDA and Firefox, it is hard to navigate from post to post. The start of each post has neither a landmark, nor a heading. The only headings after the main one are those of shared articles, and possibly comments. But the actual post content, usually above the shared article, is skipped over. And there is no easy way to find it. Other posts that don't have a shared item are skipped alltogether by conventional navigation means. Please improve this so that the front page becomes more navigable.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Profanity filter

A profanity filter added as an option to console or profile settings for chat. Make so instead of someone complaining because an adult used profane language, they can filter it out with the filter and then they themselves become responsible for profanity. If they don’t want to see it then they don’t have to and I or other adults can talk how they please without worrying about a chat ban because someone else couldn’t handle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox - Adaptive Controller & Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OneNote: allow import/export that preserves hierarcy

It would be extremely useful to be able to import a text file that already have a hierarchy (via XML like tags, or bookmarks in the document etc.) into OneNote and have the result preserve that hierarchy rather than have it all in a single note you then have to manually break up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Windows 10: Magnifier with controller

I wish there is a way I can turn magnifier on, zoom in/zoom out, etc with my Xbox One/360/whatever controller. I think this feature is implanted in Xbox One (don't take my word as I don't have it). Double tap on Xbox button perhaps? For ideas look at Nintendo Switch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Image for windows check boxes don't read correctly

There are hardly any programs that allow blind users to backup and restore their pc without sighted help. Terabyte unlimited image for windows can do this you can even create a bootable cd/usb with narrator on it so ifw and narrator automatically start after the system boots. The program is accessible but narrator doesn't read the options check-boxes correctly so you don't know if things like verify, scale to fit etc are set or not. Any chance ms could work with company to fix it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Product tiles on the Microsoft website seem to fail WCAG 2.1

On the Microsoft products website (Ex.: URL - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/collections/surfacelist?icid=MSCOMQLSurface&headerid=department-surface), the product tiles themselves appear to fail WCAG 2.1 because the light gray rectangle that the images of the products are on has insufficient color contrast with the background.

Accessibility Insights for Windows states (in the Contrast section, UI components) that "Any visual boundary that indicates the component's clickable area" must have a contrast ratio of at least 3:1 against the adjacent background.

That light grey rectangle only has a contrast of 1.14:1 against the white background.

I understand this isn't a part of the Accessibility Webinar, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Worked with MSC 40yr don't need "V agent" DELAY=need Chat/disabled !

Been MEMBER CODE BLUE TEAM=responsible. Worked with MSC for 40yrs in healthcare and having been hit(out of the blue) with RARE and deadly form of Arthritis I know how to get the answer quickly. Being delayed is PAINFUL and frustrating (since I am loosing vision=GOING BLIND! I don't need repetitive sales pitches; main point is repetitive. I will gladly enter a "chat" forum for programmers/developers for an answer to a simple e-mail change. Sincerely, Dr DF
    P.S. Maybe have an initial question as,,, HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD/WORKED WITH MSC PRODUCTS: <1yr. etc. Tx

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Narrator doesn't support Youtube or Netflix

Narrator isn't compatible with Youtube or Netflix on the Xbox One. When you try to navigate either app using narrator, there is just no response. Both services have screen reader support for every other platform I've encountered and it would be great if we could use these apps on the Xbox too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please cover planner, file collaboration, wiki and notes in the upcoming webinar planned on teams

Please cover how to use planner, file collaboration, wiki and notes using screen readers in the upcoming webinar planned on teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hotmail Account Recovery Process is Unreasonable

My hotmail account, all the sudden, was blocked by Microsoft on May 22.

I was told that there were unusual activities being detected in my account and I was asked to complete an account recovery process which includes a verification procedures. During the verification procedures, I was able to answer my first security question and provided email addresses and subject line of emails that I sent before my account was blocked. However, the system came back and said they still could not verify my identity. Hence, I was not able to access my hotmail account.

It is so frustrating that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hong Kong hotline representative was rude

I called Hong Kong Office accessibility support hotline 30173370, the representative was rude that he cut the line after hearing I said I need to talk to a Microsoft agent to resolve an issue

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need Help

I called the disability number. Reached probably the Philippines. I just had question about how to get the markup off of a word document permanently. This person did not know how to do that. They said they would put me through to their supervisor. I was just left on hold for a very very long time. Maybe if English was the primary language it would work better.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On the latest Edge, please return "tabs set aside" to legacy UX

In the original consumer Edge version, the "Set aside tabs" UX was perfect. In the latest Edge, could you please replicate that experience? Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Choosing no. of video screens

Whilst the introduction of a 3x3 video screen grid in Microsoft Teams has been welcomed by many, I have some colleagues that have sight loss who now feel the video screens are too small. Could there be a setting which enables staff to individually select how many video windows show up on their screen during a Teams meeting?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please bring your accessibility services back "onshore."

Please bring your accessibility services back "onshore." About a year and a half ago MS moved its accessibility services to India (or at least it sounds like that), and the quality of help has suffered significantly. I used to sing the praises of MS accessibility services, but no longer can do that, as the techies often are hard to understand and they don't seem to be as good at solving the problems we present to them. I called the line today with two problems, and they both seem to have been resolved, but two of the agents were quite hard…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base