Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problems creating accessible pdfs with Word 2016 on a mac.

I have problems creating accessible pdfs from Word 2016 on my mac. The document passes the accessibility checker, but the pdf does not have correct formatting - text is on top of each other.

I contact the Disability Support desk and they want me to contact Adobe, but I see the problem in Acrobat Pro and in Preview on my mac so I believe the problem is in how the pdf is created by Word. Have others had this problem?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to make windows 11 in windows 11 it had all windows idea and it comes with Game of all yours idea

Also make Windows 11 bulid 70131 It Also can play old games and Go old files and can Go back in time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. There is no way to talk or chat with soneone about ysing Seeing AI. A visually disabled individual is going to have a hard time using email

Have a phone contact with a Seeing AI expert to help implementation. I am having a difficult time with using all of the catagories. Also I had to buy an IPOD as I use an Android phone. Will it ever be available for Android or does Apple pay Microsoft to make it exclusive for Apple.
    Can someone help me use AI. I am a retired health professional.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Point and click should be available for all the enhancements to the screen

I am hearing/visually impaired as well as color blind. I find the keyboard commands to access the screen's assistive features too difficult to use. If there was a user tool bar to pull down the features you wish to use using a point-and-click with one's mouse that would be faster and less prone to keyboard errors and searching for keys that are unfamiliar to a sight-impaired user. I cannot use the hearing/listening features very well if at all. The mix of tones is not effective for my level of hearing--moderate to profound loss of tones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skip navigation Lynda.com from LinkedIn Library All Subjects Search Search Hi Will Publisher 2007 Essential Training Layout Add to P

A disability helpline is essential. It will be vital to tbi customers for any online tutorials to be executed as though you're training a 3-year-old who never has heard of computers. The huge pay off is tutorial 2,3,4... will serve the tbi client with the feeling of HUGE accomplishment, and a great will to further learn.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unsolvable problem while working on a word document

A black line which I did not type, appears on the header from the 32nd page till the last page and cannot be removed. I have tried all possible methods from serching for a solution on google to speaking to people who troubleshoot problems like this but to no avail. I am not able to submit my work as a result. Please use your R&D solve this and also do something to prevent the software form creating things like this on its own. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accesability

Have real live people answer a phone for people that can not stand to talk to robot answering machines.
    Dear Bill and Melinda how about a charitable donation to Microsoft Corp. that they may continue support for Windows 7 really I do not care for windows 10 at all I am 77 and remember when a certain young man lived on Catalina Island and developed a world and life changing Disk Operating System the good old days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. why are the icons for word, outlook, calendar, and mail all basically identical at first glance? they should be visually distinctive

why are the icons for word, outlook, calendar, and mail all basically identical at first glance? they should be visually distinctive from each other, especially by color at the very least! It's so frustrating trying to switch apps and confusing them all for each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Visio - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. fresambay@outlook.com

I get massage to fix outlook account click on it it can't do anything. sends me to web site. Web site has nothing to do with fixing outlook account'
    Try support I get sent in circles. Try to get to chat with someone and wait for days and nothing. I have even tried writing in the box every 6 min to keep active. Did this for 10 hours nothing. You need to take some the money you are paying to stockholder and top ex and hire real human for people to deal with There are many things a robot can't…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow thicker frame borders on windows

The high contrast mode is the only way to enable thicker frame borders for windows to improve the poor differentiation between applications in Windows 10.
    Unfortunately the high contrast mode is so invasive in its changes. It makes windows 10 less useable, not more.
    Please add a checkbox list in the high contrast dialog so users can turn on only the features that they need.
    This would allow the enabling of just the thicker borders, which is the only feature I need.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Needed feature: text masking/scrolling (for stroke/reading difficulties)

This would be helpful in Windows (all applications), or an App for iOS. I work with veterans who frequently have print disabilities due to stroke (hemianopsia or neglect). This makes reading in a crowded environment difficult. It would be helpful if there was a way to mask text so only one line appears at a time, with the option for text scrolling (like a TV ticker) to move text into their "reading view" without having to move their eyes. (This saccadic movement causes people to lose their place and not be able to retain what they have read).

In an…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix Toggle Keys so that the setting actually turns off

I turned on Toggle Keys once, about four years ago, to see if I liked it. I do not, but the setting persists. I have turned it off in both the newer system settings and the old control panel. I have tried registry edits. I have done everything to stop Toggle Keys from playing a tone, but every single time I turn on my computer or wake it from sleep, that setting is back on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix your stupid controllers

Starts moving so quickly i nearly had a siezure it went so fast that i wanted to die go fix your xboxs or controllers

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Resolving issues over phone only after basic troubleshooting doesn't work is largely inaccessible for people who cannot talk on the phone

It's very frustrating as a person with a disability that prevents me from using the phone that resolving issues that are more complex than answered on the FAQs forums require scheduling a support call.

How is a person who cannot talk on the phone supposed to talk on the phone?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eye Control stops functioning after using eye control mouse to select

After updating to Windows 1903 Eye Control has started to not operate after using it for a short period.
    After using Eye Control for a while, it stops responding after using the Eye Control mouse to select something. The Tobii sensor and eye movement is still operating correctly on Tobii, but Eye Control does not pick up the eyes gazing at the Eye Control Launchpad. The only way to fix it is get somebody to turn off Eye Control and then turn Eye Control back on. (Tobii remains on all the time). It operates ok for some time (30 min…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cortana please answer with help when a mental health red flag is typed in????

If a mental health or suicide phrase is typed in, could Cortana flag it or suggest helpful resources like a public service? For example, when I typed in, "Cortana Im losing my mind" the first results were really negative including the phrase "kill ****self". Instead, Cortana could show mental and suicide prevention resources. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Build Braille support directly into Narrator.

Braille support should be built directly into Narrator. This would make it significantly easier for people to get up and running with Braille just by connecting a display to the computer via USB. This would also provide the ability to use Braille during the Windows installation process.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Prioritize Narrator over Cortana in the Windows Out of Box Experience.

After Windows is installed, the Cortana experience guides someone through setting up Windows for the first time. Unfortunately, Narrator is unable to speak while Cortana is speaking. It is necessary to wait for a pause in the Cortana dialogue to use Narrator. This behavior is absolutely unacceptable and should be changed ASAP! Narrator should always take priority over anything else because it is a vital accessibility service.

If Cortana is jabbering away, enabling Narrator or using any command should immediately silence it and let Narrator take over. Cortana is not an accessibility service, so I truly do not understand why…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remote desktop access.

Narrator should be able to support the use of remote desktop. In a similar method to that used by Jaws. Synthesized speech would not be sent over the remote audio device to the local system, instead, the synthesizer commands would be sent back to the local synthesizer using one of the RDP protocols. This functionality is already supported in RDP. The support just needs to be added to Narrator.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base