Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 71204

My everyone problem money your open account bank porblen plese your onlien money $100 account now 4067160000398804

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I am trying to Link my Lynda a/c to Linkedin.

I am trying to Link my Lynda a/c to Linkedin. BUT my email address is said to be invalid. Please advise. My email is: frank@f-c-d.co.uk. What else do you want from me to perform the Link?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Word Save dialogue keyboard controls missing

In Word for Mac (16.41) the opportunity to select any other option than Save (e.g. Discard) has been removed. This may be due to my language version (Finnish), or not, but it used to work, doesn't anymore. Makes keyboard use impossible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Signature for the blind

I hope Microsoft would make it possible for blind people to sign the electronic signature on their own.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. MS TEAMS desktop app crashes when navigating through channels with NVDA

Since May 2020, MS TEAMS crashes when trying to select a particular channel within a team using NVDA screen reader.
    For example, if a team contains 3, 4 or more channels, pressing up and/or down arrow in a channel list several times makes Teams application crash and close unexpectedly. It may restart itself (not always) with a following error message:

There was a glitch, and we had to restart the app. It's good to go now.

This problem appears in desktop app only at least on Windows10.

Additional info from Control Panel:

Source
    Microsoft Teams

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎10/‎19/‎2020…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Magnifier's Ctrl+Alt+Scroll wheel functionality needs to be more 'snappy'

When I use Magnifier with Ctrl+Alt+Scroll Wheell to zoom in and out, there's this weird 'delayed' feeling when using it. I think it's because there is an animation between different zoom levels, and this animation is quite slow. I also wish that zooming in/out was smoother - say you have a trackpad or mouse that supports pixel-precise scrolling. Also, Ctrl+Alt+two-finger touchpad scroll doesn't work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Everytime I get an automatic change/update in programs-Why do I lose my info?

Every time I get an update, new program, correction from Microsoft,
    Google or Norton Security I lose files, information, passwords, and in general it really messes me up. I am not able to learn or rermember
    as much as , or someone with an average memory (stroke years ago)
    But I know when I've done something to my computer and when changes to the computer have caused problems. My last problem was
    caused (can't prove it) by my website company. They came in to see why my computer wouldn't hold the signal for wi-fi connection I now have lost files,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Impossible to make the screen automatically turn on in Windows 10 during a Skype call (with automatic call answer)

I faced an issue with the video conference system I set up for my disabled mother.

As she is not able to interact with the computer (she is physically and mentally handicapped), I put a video conference system in her room with Skype on Windows 7 PC. I set up Skype automatic call answer and it works automatically when I call her from a remote station.

Note thaht to make this work the PC is never in sleep mode.
    On the other hand, as the PC is in my mother's room, the screen must turn off after a short time…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Narrator for spin button and <Input type=number> should not announce default min/max values when undefined.

Currently, if aria-valuemax and aria-valuemin attributes are not defined for an input element, Narrator will announce "Minimum 0 and maximum 0". In the case that there is no functional min/max to be set, this is misleading for users.

This behavior can be seen in the Value example here:
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/input/number

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. WINDOWS+H voice typing no longer working after update!?!?!?!

WINDOWS+H voice typing no longer working after update!?!?!?!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Windows 10 Magnifier bug

Since updating to Windows 10 version 2004, there seems to be a bug which is causing the Windows Magnifier to judder/shake as the mouse is moved across the screen, whereas it should be smooth.
    The issue is found when magnifier is set to: Choose a view 'Full Screen Mode' and Keep the mouse pointer 'Within the edges of the screen'. When the mouse pointer is set to 'Centred on the screen' the issue does not occur.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hi. make the windows server installer turn on audio and audio en point services by default. i use a screen reader have to get softwarehelp t

have audio and audio end point service turn on default for windows make it more default. as need sighted help to install windows server 2019 inside vmware workstation and have to get sighted help or some one to remote in. and no audio, so no speech.frustrated. no good asking disability answer desk, they don't do windows server. and no live chat. and in australia and frustrated. server

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. OneNote inaccessible with screen readers

I have worked with students using OneNote on an iPad with VoiceOver and a laptop with JAWS. In each case, OneNote is nearly impossible to navigate, let alone input any information. I have tried both the online version and the installed versions in both cases. Overall, OneNote is simply not accessible to screen reader users. As a result, teachers and students are required to find workarounds and do a great deal of extra work. Please consider looking into this issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  OneNote - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Severe eye problems with TOO PALE Word Doc Display

Dear MS Team,

I am using Office 2019 and have SEVERE EYE PROBLEMS with detecting any icon on the OPTION BAND of a Word Doc because they are TOO FEEBLY represented (light grey instead of black), they are TOO PALE, especially after working for more than 8-11 hours/day when everything culminates into something blurred, which can only be guessed, e.g., the indentation keys on the ruler are almost NON VISIBLE, the same as anything else on a Word Doc.

FURTHERMORE: Is it possible to
    - (a) add some additional “L-Ctrl+options” for TEXT COLOUR OPTIONS for a fast change of text-colour…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. All Microsoft pages are displaying type in Segoe Black in Chrome browser

Microsoft pages are displaying type in Segoe Black in Chrome browser

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Activate windows

Screen is overly bright for normal display but extremely dark for games. I personalized to try an balance, but the second try tells me to activate windows, but it is already activated. Win 10 is not as user friendly as Win 7 and Win 7 was not as user friendly as Win 98.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1498702417

I'd like to follow up about my inquiry to include a feature on Narrator to read highlighted text only by pressing a hot key. This feature does not currently exist, but instead, Narrator reads off all sorts of content which is distracting. I simply need to be able to highlight text, press a hot key, and have that text read without the distracting announcements that Narrator produces each time you switch windows, select content, etc. I work on secure computers that don't allow plug-ins or the adding of additional software to enable this capability, and would greatly appreciate… more

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Windows 10 magnifier handling multiple monitors

I really like Windows 10 magnifier. It's lightweight and doesn't stress computers out.

At office I'm using two monitors and a third party magnifying software (ZoomText magnifier from Freedom Scientific) because I like the handling of two monitors. But this Software requires nearly a gaming rig just to assist me. With my office-PC it remarkably slows me down during my daily work. In addition the fonts in windows apps are processed really bad.

So my wish to Microsoft is to implement a similar handling of multiple monitors to ZoomText in the same light weight manor as usual.

I try to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatically enable audio for Hyper-V virtual machines when using screen readers.

Although I have very limited experience using Hyper-V, my understanding is that audio is not available when connecting to a virtual machine using Hyper-V Manager. I have read about an Enhanced Session Mode, but this must be manually enabled on Windows Server and it does not appear to pass audio back to the host machine unless RDP is enabled in the Windows virtual machine.

Can you see the problem here? How is a totally blind person supposed to independently configure a virtual machine if audio cannot be used until a setting in the virtual machine itself is enabled? If a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 70 71
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base