Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

Give us feedback on Microsoft accessibility and how we can improve?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WCAG 2.2.2 - Skype does not give the option to pause, stop or hide GIF images

Hello,

One of my coworkers finds it extremely difficult to use Skype due to the nature of the GIF images. They play incessantly and he cannot stop them. There is no mechanism to Pause, Stop or Hide the content. He has resorted to using this method to push the GIF out of the viewport:
    [ animated GIF viewport scuttling message ]
    [ animated GIF viewport…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to set up someones preffered disability settings when sending an email to them

My daughter is visually impaired so she needs to have text in size 24 and Arial Black but I need to manually amend my email to these settings each time I email her. I therefore think there should be a way of setting my settings for an individual i.e. if I know Holly needs in size 24 and Arial Black whey can’t my O365 remember that and when I put here email address it does it not automatically set these settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Typing disabilty and need for accessible VR to dictate book writing into Word

To have a voice recognition built into word that enables me to write book length miss and edit others drafts. So good voice dictation for text and east to use editing commands. Thank you. This has been the main thing bogging me down from writing books. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I am extremely disappointed and annoyed at the lack of help I received from Marilou when I called her on 14 May.

I am extremely disappointed and annoyed at the lack of help I received from Marilou when I called her on 14 May.
    Over the past more than 15 years I have always had excellent help from all of your team dealing with disability issues. In fact I have sung your praises to many about how all of your staff have always gone out of their way to help and resolve any problems.
    Unfortunately, this cannot be said for this agent.
    I have never had the misfortune of such an unhelpful agent, who refused to listen to my problems with ms…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to know why you do not advice about the problem between the Windows 10 narrator and Excel sheets. It is impossible to read a ce

Please fix as soon as possible that issue. Lot of people are in need. We were waiting for this supposed marvelous accessibility Windows 10 and issues with the cells in excel?? Thst is inadmissible.
    PLEASE FIX THAT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. AND DO NOT SAY TO BUY OFFICE 365 AS A SOLUTION. IT SHOULD WORK WITH OFFICE 2016 CAUSE IS THE LAST NEW BEFORE OFFICE 365.
    THANKS FOR LISTENING. PLEASE FIX IT.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. What features are available for mutes? What about a way to answer a smart phone?

Enable a smart phone to utilize type to text app to answer a smart phone. Now text is not spoken over the phon just through the phones speaker?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A program for Xbox one users to exchange games from disc to digital copy especially since it’s getting harder to move around for some people

A way to exchange your old Xbox one games on disk into.Digital copies To help people with disabilities get their old games

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When your

When your life is interrupted by technology and corruption in places of service and else where....who answers email or data for m.facebook or the radio station Weil 106.3?...or Microsoft??...many years ignored and diverted...feeling much aggravated...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve ability to differentiate between small office icons on taskbar

I'm partially color blind, and the new modern icons, when used as "small icons" are very hard to differentiate at a glance as they all use a similar color scheme. Yes, they have different icons and letters, but they blend in. Perhaps there is a way to add alternate taskbar icons with different colors to help differentiate between Teams, Outlook, and Word at a glance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Setting timing length for notifications should be in Ease of Access

Timing length for notifications should be in Ease of Access. By the time I have processed a notification it is gone before it sinks in. I think somewhere notification timing can be set... yet I cannot find it when I look for it. It should be in Ease of Access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Gaming, party and recovering from a psychosis

First in Dutch then i translate it to english, i'm sorry. Een paar jaar geleden kreeg ik een psychose het herstellen ging traag. Was snel moe van de prikkels die ik binnen kreeg. Dankzij de Xbox One en de Party's heb ik dat op kunnen bouwen, de hoeveelheid prikkels die ik kon verwerken. Eerst 1 op 1 en een party en game, daarna 1 op 2 in de party steeds meer mensen en enzovoort. Begon met een paar minuten en dat steeds langer. Maar werd ik moe in mn hoofd of werd het te druk kan ging ik eruit en…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make the vertical lines in Explorer separating the lists of folders and files more distinct and wider to help an aging demographic.

Make the vertical lines in Windows Explorer separating the lists of folder and files more distinct and wider. Similarly for the list of programs on the Windows 10 desktop where the vertical lies separating the panes are even more narrow. Likewise for other Windows products. This would assist those with vision and motor control problems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Have a place to ask general questions via email.

Have a place to ask a general question via email instead of phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. My ideas is the pop up message is not from Microsoft but from the vision assistI

I have vision assist on my PC, Windows 10 and Microsoft has been very patient with my issues they are greatly appreciated. Every time I have an issue which is many, many times. My computer works really well afterwards then wham I get this popup box telling me that I cannot use EDGE with vision assist and I have to change my default to Internet Explorer and Download Adobe Reader Viewer as default. I an down load Adobe Reader ID 5507 but it will not install on Windows 10. I don't think Microsoft would tell me to download/install where is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hard of Hearing, Microphone only input.

I am practically deaf and rely on hearing aids everyday for general life. I moved across the country and my friends from home and I typically like to game. I haven't come across a good headset that I can hear without turning the volume all the way up. Thats not the problem. The problem is that when I do that, my friends get way too much feedback. I am currently using the Plantronics RIG 800LX (may not be the best mic, but it's always a problem, have had a few over the years). When I turn it all the way…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. when I inverted colors (black background and white test) the text is low brightness, you need to make it more brightness and higher contrast

when I use a dark mode or inverted color, the text looks like low brightness. from my experience in using Macbook, I solved this problem by calibrated color LCD by increasing the size of "desc" from 98 to 111, and decreasing the size of "dscm" (mluc) from 1050 to 68.
    is there any why to have high brightness text like mac?

note* I have very poor vision and I need to use a full-screen magnifier and inverted color mood
    more brightness more comfortable and accessable to me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Disable updates Windows 10 Home

The support team said i could post my feedback here

Can the developer team come up with a patch or tool to disable windows update permenantly like windows 7

Reason to disable : i only have 5gb monthly mobile data

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Retinitis Pigmentosa

I have a friend that has retinitis pigmentosa, the only way she can work on the computer is if the application or software program she is working with can be modified to have a black background with white text and the text size should be adjustable if this would be a windows theme it should carry across all software applications including web browsers, not just edge but whichever browser that particular person has chosen.

Like now. if I turn on high contrast I can not see the text I have typed, because the theme does not carry through all aspects…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. UNABLE TO ACCESS EDGE

You put updates on my computer today and now I'm TOTALLY UNABLE TO ACCESS EDGE. Looks like other browsers for me! How in the world do you expect me to buy stuff from you when you do stuff like that??!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base