Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve accuracy and functionality of speech recognition

The accuracy of speech recognition appears to be coming up again and again.

I spent £450 on a new laptop, hoping that the accuracy would be excellent compared to google. Clear and so disappointed and frustrated that I had considered the facts that I still have enough time to return the laptop to the shop and change it for an Ipad. I have cerebral palsy and injured my hands four years ago and they have not recovered due to spasticity.

Maybe speech recognition could be improved by using some of the most commonly used commands in the training section as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add MouseKeys on Accessibility home page

Microsoft products have an incredibly useful feature called the "MouseKeys". But the page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility is not providing the details of it. Please add it to accessibility homepage with due respect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Want drag-and-drop feature for MouseKeys

I use the MouseKeys feature A LOT. but when I press the 5 (fire key) and along with an arrow key, it does not perform any drag and drop functionality.

I pray to MS corporation to add the feature to use drag and drop functionality within Keyboard's MouseKeys feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bitlocker screen gives no indication that the eyesight impaired can use

My customer has many eyesight impaired users, but they also use Bitlocker with PIN on startup. The Bitlocker screen doesn't give these users any indication that they are on the Bitlocker screen and need to enter their pin.
    The screen times out after a short while, so the user never knows where they are in the process if they forget to count after pressing the power button or the machine doesn't respond in the expected way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please fix the taskbar issue

Each time I click into a full screen game in certain areas, the task bar minimizes my game and automatically begins to type into a search bar. This issue is worse when navigating through webpages. Please add an update to fix this issue. This is causing alot of frustration when even doing simple webage navigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. give windows 10 the the display and personalization of windows 7

i am almost blind and windows 10 is not blind friendly windows 7 was fantastic for us blind people could you add bold text feature or made the display and personalization settings like windows 7? since the change from 7 to 10 on january 14th i am having a very hard time using my computer the magnyfier on the computer is not good it takes up to much of the screen plus you only see a small amount and moving it back and forth trying to read makes me dizzy with 7 i could use the computer just fine with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better Windows 10 Dark Mode

Hi
    It's just a few suggestions about Windows 10: Dark Mode.
    It's better to ReDesign File Explorer in Dark Mode AND use More Attractive & Better Colors AND make the Texts (file names,etc) more Readable.
    Put Option to Set Dark Mode for Each Program (Settings,File Explorer,etc) Separately.
    AND a Schedule to set Turn on & Turn off TIME (Like Night light).
    I hope you think about these.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It's harassment rather than access for those who actually use and need public access computers and Microsoft Office Suite accessibility. js

Title:>It's harassment rather than access for those who actually use and need public access computers and Microsoft Office Suite accessibility, especially if their own pc, computer, phone, or other essential device is vandalized and/or stolen.

It is becoming a problem that esteemed, retired, temporarily out of commission, &/or disabled established authority figures in Los Angeles have and currently are having a problem using the resources over which they expand, use, and develop the rules for and find/deliver the funds for the general and specific fund classes that are necessary for those resources to be used, to be distributed city-wide, and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have an Easy Contact UK Email Address For Customers with Brain Damage... :)

Have an Easy Contact UK Email Helpline Address For Customers with Brain Damage PLEASE... :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I have Neurological ie Memory/Thinking PROBLEMS Here in the UK.... :(

I have Neurological ie Memory/Thinking PROBLEMS Here in the UK.... :( Its Very Hard for customers Like us!!.... :( *We have Chronic \fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis & I'm 66 Years Old!!... :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio has several longstanding screen reader accessibility bugs

Originally reported in SQL Server Management Studio 2014 and still present in SSMS 2017, screen readers Narrator and NVDA do not accurately read aloud items in the object browser. For example, the user navigates to the Database node in the browser but the screen reader falsely announces it as "Security." Also as of SSMS 2017, screen readers announce line numbers in query editor windows even when line numbers are turned off in SSMS settings and in the screen reader's verbosity settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Microsoft website is not cognitively accessible

For example, this page:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17161/windows-10-find-all-your-apps-and-programs
    has a moving .gif image which can't be adblocked. I had to physically cover part of the screen in order to read the text. Please make the website compliant with WCAG success criterion 2.2.2. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Consider visual needs of highly sensitive persons (HSP)

After the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 I am encountering accessibility issues with regard to Sound recorder. Highly sensitive persons (15-20% of population) have lower capacities to filter information, so anything that blinks or moves can be very distracting. I am a songwriter and used to quickly record song ideas using the Windows 7 Audiorecorder. Unfortunately, while recording, the Win10 Sound recorder displays big moving circles around the centre recording button. These are visually so distracting that they make me completely forget what I wanted to record and stops my creative process. I cannot even minimise the Sound recorder into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to disable adaptive brightness and adaptive contrast

I am sensitive to lighting and currently if I am on any battery setting other than best performance when I change windows the whole screen changes brightness and does it over a couple of seconds - I did not have the setting available to me under power settings and had to contact disability support (regular support was unhelpful) and get instructions to edit the registry which is not really accessible friendly.

I would love to see 2 options under accessibility to just enable/disable adaptive brightness and contrast for all power settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better UI for Windows 10

I would love to see a new UI in Windows 10. The current UI looks really old and simple compared to other computer os's. This video is how i would like to see windows 10 in the future

https://youtu.be/2WZImTI0Rz0

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we give Microsoft Contacts and Microsoft Calendar their own Domains ?

I can't export Microsoft Contacts and Microsoft Calendar as separate Web Launchers because they are bunched inside Outlook , can we give them their own domains like calendar.live.com and contacts.live.com ?

I'm actually not going to use them at all if they are bunched inside Outlook like this , if they had their own domains , they could have easily rivaled Google Contacts and Google Calendar .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. videos reading out actions

For some reason when I watch videos on either VLC or the inbuilt media player, on some of the videos it gives me a read out to what is happening on the screen and I can't work out how to make It go away

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Win10 should fix the dll files

Either a switch back to exe or better programming I should not have to lose over a quarter of my CPU capability from background windows. I'm using a laptop with a 2018 i7 and 16GB of RAM I can't imagine how the average workplace computer can function. Not to mention how this shortens my computer lifespan and has not noticeably improved my experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base