Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bugs With Windows Eye Control

They are some keys on the Windows Eye Control that don't generate the correct scancodes, which don't work with certain applications that expect correct scancodes. For example, pressing F11 on most browsers will bring the browsers fullscreen. F11 key (along with many other keys) are broken. They send the correct virtualkeys but not scancodes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inaccessible beauty

Bing wallpaper produces such exquisite photos of places of faraway beauty, places evocative of serenity in nature. Science tells us that nature heals. People with disabilities, who most need to heal, from physical and mental pain, are left out from ever being able to access these areas. In return for the money made by the covid (health) crisis generating extra online activity, Microsoft could regain its lustre by developing tours geared for providing access to these areas. Only creativity and intent are required.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add audio description tracks for Film and TV content in the Microsoft store

As per Apple, Netflix and Amazon; would it be possible to add audio description soundtracks for TV and Film content on the Microsoft store. I have just had it confirmed that this feature is not available and it would be a boon for visually impaired customers who can't currently enjoy this content from the MS store. I have had to choose a category for this idea that is not necessarily correct as there wasn't a category for store content or film and tv

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft Teams - Type a New Message box

In Windows Desktop app (and possibly other Teams sites). Change the placeholder text for a new Chat message to include the Team & Channel or People the message will be sent to.

Without this, the problem is a screen reader user must tab to find the chat they are in. Even Ins+T for the Window Title does not tell the user the Chat they are in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding Bluetooth device, "Pair Device?" dialog bug

If I have text size set to 120% and add a Bluetooth device the confirmation dialog box is unusable. You can see "Pair Device?" but the Allow and Cancel buttons are not visible and can't be triggered with keystrokes, ie: Alt+A, Alt+C, Enter or Escape.
    I have to set text size to 100%, add the Bluetooth device and set text back to 120%.
    The dialog at 120% is only 1/3 the height of the same dialog at 100%. About 100px vs 300px.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can we have the option of wider borders on Windows apps

Can we have the option of wider borders on Windows apps without the need for high contrast mode? When I have a number of applications overlapping it is really difficult to spot where one end and another starts.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Senior profile in Family groups

Hi, I would like to suggest the creation of a new Senior profile in Family groups, for the elderly people in the family.

I've added Granma as a Member to our Family group so that she may use my Office365 Family license, but it doesn't feel right: she is elderly, not a child, and having the possibility to monitor her feels like intruding in her privacy.

Giving her admin rights, on the other hand, could jeopardize the security of our Family group.
    A Senior profile with limited features and no monitoring would be a very useful addition.
    I hope you'll…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MS Teams volume too loud on Applie iPad

MS Teams volume is ridiculously loud on the iPad. I've turned it all the way down and it's still blasting - seems it's about 2-3 volume levels above other apps.

I've been forced to stick duct tape over the speakers to reduce the sound.

Can you fix this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop turning hashtags in Yammer to lower case

This is not "Ease of Access" but you don't have Yammer in your list and the field is mandatory. Maybe you should have "Other" in your drop-down list. However, that is not what I want to post about...

Whenever I put a hashtag into Yammer I use camel case as this is best practice (it helps screen readers read the words as individual words instead of gobeldegook. Yammer forces all hashtags to lower case! Why would you do that? #StopChangingCamelCase

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Magnifying Glass Icon

When using the magnifier I prefer the magnifying glass icon over the box that Windows 10 currently has available, is there a way to remove just the update that installed the newest options for the magnifier? Is it possible to have the magnifying glass option re-added in future updates?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Light Gray Windows Fonts to Bold Black for Visually Impaired

The light gray colors used by Windows GUI is nearly impossible for me to see. Exists in Windows, Word, etc. Anyway to change to a bold black font? Size of font is not the issue, it is the color.

Third party apps? Chrome offers a add on for Contrast, but the issue is the Windows interface.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. electronic paper

Adding the possibility to turn a mobile phone or tablet into electronic paper (E-Paper). In this way: by writing the desired content on these devices, it will also be displayed on the computer screen (or laptop).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customisable keyboard layout with modifier keys

I use a one-handed keyboard that allows me to mirror the right-hand side keys onto the left using a modifier key. But I have to use external keyboards to do this, it would be much better to have this function native to my computer so I can access one-handed typing with any keyboard and to be able to design which keys go where to reduce strain. Similar to how this keyboard configurator works https://configure.ergodox-ez.com/ergodox-ez/layouts/default/latest/0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Icons Not Large Enough on Taskbar - Or Desktop for Low Vision - File Explorer Itself has Text too Small - Limited Contrast Options

Although some icons in W10 can be enlarged, it is not enough. Shortcuts on the Desktop need option to be even larger; same in Tiles.

Need to allow Taskbar Icons to be enlarged. You can expand the Taskbar and make it wider, but not the icons.

There is a need to have "global" change from the top down menu for Extra Large Icons for folders within File Explorer. Am having to change them folder by folder rather than having them all change from the top down;

With the File Explorer open, you can show Extra Large Icons, but the sidebar…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. accessibility for teams and visually impaired elementary students?

more of a question, how to make Microsoft Teams accessible for visually impaired students who have not learned the keyboard yet. He can not get on to Teams independently or navigate to the meetings on his calendar without additional assistance from someone who can see the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Customize app notification sound in Windows

It would be nice if we could change the notification sound of a specific app. Ex: I would like to put a different sound on my MS Teams notifications so that it's clear when I receive a message!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Different Application Colors in Office 365

I wish I could upload an image. My suggestion is to change the colors for the application icons in the online Office 365 view. Sway and SharePoint, for example, are the same color with an S. Only the shape distinguishes the two. I have clicked on Sway when I wanted SharePoint on more than one occasion. Forms is also the same color and since the Forms/Sway icons are similar shape, that too is deceiving at times. One Drive and Outlook are next to one another and both blue but at least the icons are different enough (cloud and no letter…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scrolling underline or windox box please

as I age reading is getting to be a bit of a challenge since I do read rather dense materials. All Im looking for at this point is either a line that I move with my mouse as I read or a window box that does the same. thx

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. VISUAL ONSCREEN INDICATOR

Acer Swift SF314-57G (Device name: LAPTOP -0AMLCVEL)

When the Caps Lock is turned on, I would like some visual indicator on screen.

Please see the following comment posted a month ago on - https://community.windows.com/en-us/videos/windows-101-how-to-turn-on-windows-10-caps-lock-indicator/89JCZvPuJ6s

This has been on the feedback Center for months and nothing has been done about it. So... you are saying that deaf people have to guess whether they are typing a password in Capitals or lowercase and are not entitled to the same amount of ease as a person of hearing..

Sincerely hope there would be some actions taken to improve the user experience.

Santhosh Jose

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base