Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Identify visual impaired recipients in Outlook

When writing emails at work it would be great to know if the recipient is visual impaired. Coming from a large organization you do not always know who your audience is when writing emails. This would of course be the choice of the employee. If the employee wanted others to know they are visual impaired...it would be great if Outlook can have an icon or some type of alert letting the writer know the recipient is visual impaired within Outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook app interface update not friendly for people with Dyslexia

The emails used to show in the preview cleaner than they do not.

Before you had the sender's name in bold, below the sender was the subject line, and below that was a preview of the body text, and off to the right was the date. Very clean and easy to navigate through emails.

That all changed last Tuesday.

Now everything is on one line going left to right. You have the sender in bold next to the right is the subject in bold, next to the right is the date and time. Below is the preview of the body…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Outlook iOS App undo after swipe actioni steals focus

In Outlook for iOS with VoiceOver enabled. Very recently (this week). When going through one's inbox of messages and flicking up/down then selecting an action (e.g. Read & Archive). The VoiceOver cursor goes back to the next message, but then quickly changes focus to "Undo Archive".

The problem this causes is wasted time when archiving messages to clean up a mailbox

Acceptance:
    - When a user archives or deletes from a swipe action item the VoiceOver cursor should go to the next message so the user can continue to review their mailbox quickly.
    - For undo the user should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Outlook Message List table columns for Screen Reader

Problem Statement: When in a mail folder (e.g. Inbox). In JAWS if I enter table mode (Ins+space, T). I can arrow down through subjects, from or whatever in that column. If however a message has an Attachment and that icon is left of the From column then the screen reader notes the attachment and not the from name (if I were going down that column).

Suggestion would be to make the columns uniform whether an attachment or other icon exists.

Acceptance:
    1. No matter what is on preceding columns if a user is in JAWS table mode from the layered…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Outlook Scheduling Assistant Screen Reader Simplification

When scheduling a new invite Outlook has an Auto Pick next option with All Required People as one option. However when scheduling a meeting with numerous Execs and other busy folks sometimes it's impossible to find a slot for weeks.

What I end up doing is moving the time by 30 minute increments days at a time and tab back and forth between Start Date/Time and the availability section. The Availability section does a great job telling me the number of conflicts, who they are and busy, tentative,etc. I'd like to be able to just arrow to the right by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Putting the " open"option back in Outlook 2019 when right click function is used to select an email

My wife has trouble double clicking her mouse to open a selected email in Outlook. We found if you right the selected email an option to "open" was available at the top of the options. That function has gone away in Outlook2019 ! Is there some way to restore that option? Perhaps in the next office update?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Do not have gray lines on a white background like in the header of Outlook email. Make the lines black.

Have bold black lines on a white background on the header of Outlook email. MS now has gray on white -- the lines are hard to see.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shade out the whole day if OOO

Bring back shading out the FULL day in your diary if you are OOO for the day. Visually it looks like I can add meetings and doesn't shade whole day like it used to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Using the desktop installed version of Outlook and not having clickable, accessible Zoom Links

Using the desktop installed version of Outlook:
    It has been my experience that when a Teams or Zoom link is added to the location field, that link is not clickable. One can’t click on it to open a meeting. Yes, they can copy/paste it into the web browser to open the meetings, yet this can be cumbersome for those who would not know they can do this.

So it is best to also put that link in the body of the invite, too, so it can then be an active, clickable link. This will help our not-so-techie colleagues get into…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shade out the entire day on the calendar in a dark color for all day events like it used to be.

Shade out the entire day on the calendar in a dark color for all day events like it used to be. This is ridiculous. Why did you change it in the first place? Don't fix what isn't broken.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Outlook 2016, Zoomtext 2020, and Windows 10. Zoomtext is causing Outlook to be slow and/or unresponsive.

we have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. My computer gad a virus and was restored to factory defaults and everything reloaded. The problem continues. We have a ticket in with Freedom Scientific, but so far no resolution.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove the timeline from Microsoft Outlook

The new timeline on Microsoft Outlook is distracting for people on the autistic spectrum. Please provide the option to hide it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Office 365

I received an invitation from a friend to create a shared One Drive folder but it wasn't intuitive about how to set it up, largely because the text of the email message that was generated by Microsoft contained several graphic images without alt text. I use JAWS 2020, Windows 10 and Office 365. If you could make the invitation more accessible and intuitive, I think it would enable users to create the shared folder more independently. Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1500842033 not solved

It would be nice if Wilma solved my problem this past week, but that woman in the Philippines could not even find a tech supervisor, let alone offer any assistance. My MSFT password was LOCKED and I could not get in no matter what I did. Attempts to re-do the password were not successful. I sure did not need to spend almost an hour (via phone) in the Philippines on the accessibility desk which was a complete waste of time.

I still don't have my password and I do not have 15 digit code. It would be a great idea…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change color for "show as" "work from elsewhere"

The "Show as" option "work from elsewhere" seems impossible, for people, to distinguish from "available".

Can you use a different color (fx. green) and (fx. horizontal bars or something) to make it easier to see?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow for "Never" Option on Reminders

There is no option to have "never" as a reminder for a default setting. This is very frustrating because I have to go into each individual event and say that I don't want a reminder. As a person who uses their calendar as a planner as well as a schedule, this is very frustrating.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Accessibility checker in Word PowerPoint Outlook font size

The accessibility checker has no setting for suggesting a sensible sized font i.e. bigger than 11 say point 12 my chosen default this is a serious omission
    are you aware of this and if so, is it on your road map to fix . So currently I can send an email in 8 point that I can’t read even with glasses . even outside this feature in outlook   accessibility checker makes no reference to font size in word ,outlook
    etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base