Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Force translate in Edge

It would be nice if Edge offers translation option (pop-up box) even if translation setting is turned off in user's Edge browser. If users do translate when shown the pop-up, automatically enable the browser setting to offer translation.

This is necessary to avoid having to explain to users how to enable translation in emails spanning multiple geographies and I am sure it will help millions of change managers across the world!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a keyboard shortcuts search window to Windows OS, Edge and Office applications as well

Hello Microsoft Accessibility Team,

Please add a keyboard shortcuts search window for Edge, Windows OS and Office applications as well.
    We have same solution in Narrator, Teams and Visual Studio Code applications. This would be a great solution to find the right keyboard shortcut in a minute rather than open the help menu or search the keyboard on the internet.
    This would be very useful normal end users as well to more focus on the keyboard work than using mouse.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Gabor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. MICROSOFT WANTS ITS USERS TO STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER AND USE MICROSOFT EDGE INSTEAD. FOR ME I THINK THIS IS A VERY BAD IDEA.

INTERNET EXPLORER IS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER, EASIER & FASTER THAN EDGE. IT ONLY TAKES ONE OR TWO CLICKS TO DO MOST ANYTHING WITH INTERNET EXPLORER.
    SOME OF THE MANY FEATURES NOT AVAILABLE ON EDGE: 1. FAVOURITE BAR ICONS & ADDRESSES IN ONE CLICK. 2. FILE, EDIT, VIEW, TOOLS, HELP, AND ALL THE MANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN EACH OF THESE MENU. 3.PAGE WITH THE OPTIONS TO SEND THE PAGE OR LINK THROUGH OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHICH GIVES EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE RECEIPIENT WHEN THE FIRST LETTER OF THE RECEIPIENT IS TYPED. MICROSOFT HAS MADE EDGE AS A REPLICATION OF GOGGLE CHROME…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chromium Edge Loading indication

Like the performance of the Chromium Edge however when first starting up it sometimes appears to "hang". As a screen reader user there's no indication that the Mouse has gone to the spinning wheel and Edge is doing something in the background that takes ~30 seconds.

Solution would be nice to either not have Edge hang like that OR at least have it such that JAWS says its loading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. O365 Edge to Open in Desktop App for Screen Reader Users

Problem Statement: For Screen Reader Users the Desktop apps for O365 are much more user friendly. However many links are shared that take users into the browser version. They then have to find Open in Desktop App.

Suggestion:
    Allow for an automatically open in Desktop App feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change file downloading back

The reason many did not switch to Google Chrome was due to the way it handles file downloading. Instead of a simple Open or Save As, the way Edge has always handles it, you have to go through several steps, and all of the extra time it takes ads up. But you decided to borrow this method from Google to reduce functionality for Edge users in a HUGE way. There are so many complaints about this but you haven’t changed it back. Don’t borrow the bad functioning of Google Chrome...that just makes no sense. Here’s one of the message strings: …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. dictation bar Windows key + h

dictation bar is there a way to have the icon in the taskbar.so you don't have to move it every time it gets in the way.other than clicking the X and then when you want it clicking the Windows key + h.it's a little thing thatt I certainly will use Windows key + H and the move it when I have to because I can't spell

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. put live support back i am on the phone number 90. no one will call and i hope i do not get cut off

. why can't I get help from Microsoft. I'm 68 years old I was born in this country with a learning disability. I pay for Microsoft assure software support. That way I could talk to a live person and they took that away from me.There is no stores open did you notice that they tell you to go to help.support.com or Microsoft support. com Microsoft Lock me out of my account and I have to send paperwork to my attorney three days ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Accessibility tree calculates the HTML5 section element as region.

Edge: Version 86.0.622.43 (Official build) (64-bit)

Repro steps:
    Go to the codepen example at : https://codepen.io/Shirisha1/pen/VwjwWBx

Open the developer tools.
    Inspect the code.
    Open the accessibility tree and view the <section> element that has no accessible name or role as region.
    Expected:
    Accessibility tree doesn't calculate it as role=region.,
    Actual: Accessibility tree shows it as role= region.

As per https://html.spec.whatwg.org/#the-section-element,
    As per https://www.w3.org/TR/html-aria/, and https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices-1.2/#arialhregion it should not be treated as region landmark.

Note: Same issue exist in Chrome browser.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. translate

as a German living in Ireland: What about a "translate feature"? you highlight a word in a not-your-native language in Edge (i.e.News) .. right click: translate.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like feed discovery in Microsoft Edge that was in Internet Explorer. It is the best Feed reader for blind people. easy to use

I would like the same control g shortcut and feed discovery reading view available in Internet Explorer made available to the Microsoft Edge browser . It works perfectly with JAWS . and allows me easily to navigate news and podcasts, I will be lost without it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. highlight option in the newest MS Edge update

Please bring back the highlight option in MS Edge. The new update only has the draw option. I had to install another software so that I could highlight the text in PDF files.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. legacy like pdf reader

dear microsoft,
    for the last few years i have particularly enjoyed using the pdf reader on edge legacy to carry out some research.however since the update to the new version in June i have been unable to really do anything due to the poor quality of the new version. surely it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and integrate the old viewer within the new (or maybe perhaps keep legacy as a PDF reader rather then a browser), this is a particularly feature that is loved and used by many people and it would be very sad if it…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Layout options modern websites

Hi,

Can you please have an option to view your products as a list, or more smaller icons on one page. I have multiple conditions affecting my executive function, Autism being just one of them, and I get overwhelmed having to continuously scroll.

I never used to have this problem as online stores and websites used to have these options. Unfortunately modern websites seem to be getting rid of them so like many things in this modern world, I haven't changed, but the way information is presented has therefore being just one more item in a list that makes day…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. moris

microsoft teams needs to be more accessable for a vision impaired person to join a room and find the join button easy

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. uninstall internet explorer 11

How can I uninstall intenet explorer 11, I have installed the new EDGE, So I don´t need any more prior version explorer 11

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stop with those monocultural landscapes on your opening of Windows 10. I hate them all.

Ask a user whether they wish an image posted on their opening of their computer.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)