Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. lower cost for the disabled

more ability for the disabled tto afford products that being on a budget they ccouldnt do like coontrollers annd other expensive items.annd lower tthe prices of the desiign lab also cause those prices for the color options and no colored buttons is crazy.annd the controller options are not good. Shadow is a bad option and the shadow colors suck.poor idea and to expenive 84 dollars for one option and 99 dollars for two garbage colors and designs.the disabled need a voice and im mentally dissabled and on. A huge budget i enjoy making controllers just to expensive for me and…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add Narrator documentation for Xbox.

I cannot find good documentation concerning Narrator usage on the Xbox. The Narrator user guide for Windows is wonderful, but there is nothing similar for the Xbox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Could u guys make a joycon like controller so I can game again! I have CMT

have a rare disorder called CMT(Charcoal Marie Tooth) it’s a muscle/nerve disorder. I have nerve pain in my left hand, waist & feet. Long story short my nerve pain Is transferrable. So if a part of my body comes in contact w/ the effected area the Pain transfers over Why I’m not sure, it’s a rare disorder that still needs more research. How this effects me gaming is if my left hand which has nerve damage touches my right hand the pain will transfer over to my right hand & I want to prevent any further nerve damage as long…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. xbox adaptive controller

Could you please make the xbox adaptive controller connectable with an apple tv please

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. xbox global setting for subtitles

The use of subtitles should be set by a global setting to provide consistency across games.

I have some hearing difficulty so use subtitles to help with game audio. Some games have these on by default, some don't. Sometimes, when I start a new game, audio starts with no subtitles and if it's in a cutscene, it's not always possible to pause and go to the game settings to enable them (Gears of War 4 for example).

I suggest that in the XBox Accessibility settings, subtitles for game audio should be a setting. Games could then use this as a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Profanity filter

A profanity filter added as an option to console or profile settings for chat. Make so instead of someone complaining because an adult used profane language, they can filter it out with the filter and then they themselves become responsible for profanity. If they don’t want to see it then they don’t have to and I or other adults can talk how they please without worrying about a chat ban because someone else couldn’t handle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Narrator doesn't support Youtube or Netflix

Narrator isn't compatible with Youtube or Netflix on the Xbox One. When you try to navigate either app using narrator, there is just no response. Both services have screen reader support for every other platform I've encountered and it would be great if we could use these apps on the Xbox too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Navigation Sounds Mutable.

Please. I find the sound so annoying/irritating. If PS4 can do this, why can't you. At least let us have options for sounds if your company is so rabid about unmutable sounds. Please, for the love quieter gaming!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need Xbox Split Controller (like Switch controller)

May we get a split Xbox controller please? It is not good for many people to have their arms tethered together in front of them for hours on end; having a control that separates into 2 like the Switch controller will allow us to play games with both of our arms free so that we can move them around while playing. This isn't a matter of competition, it's a matter of health by now ... I honestly can't keep playing on an Xbox controller that forces me to hold a frozen posture for long periods of times because it is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hearing Aid Manufacturer Head sets that can be compatible

Hi there,

I'm a hearing impaired hearing aid user who is also a Hearing Health Care Professional. Great Ormond Street Hospital has recently approached me about accessibility for the hearing impaired for online gaming.

What I am looking for is whether there is any known compatibility with the Xbox and hearing aid Bluetooth Remote Microphones? If they are compatible, it will allow the user to adjust the balance of game sounds and online chat to match their level of hearing impairment. Which is key to inclusivity of the hearing impaired. Can this feature be added or is it already added?…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reducing background game music and automatically control the Xbox One in complicated games for blind and visually impaired gamers

Dear Microsoft,

I have some suggestions on improving the accessibility on Xbox One for blind and visually impaired gamers. I am a visually impaired gamer. I like to play Final Fantasy especially Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy. For Final Fantasy XIII-2, I have noticed that the background game music is very loud, and it is sometimes difficult for me to hear the character’s footsteps, depending on the music and the surface the character is navigating on. I strongly suggest for you to add an accessibility feature on the Xbox one console to have the ability to reduce background game music, so…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto tapping

I'm an longtime disabled gamer who has always found tapping a button so difficult for me to do this action, there NEEDS TO BE AN AUTO TAPPING SETTING!?!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow HID/USB devices' buttons to remap to game

All HID/USB devices' button to be re-mapped via XBox Accessory app, just like the switch inputs on back of Adaptive Controller.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. High contrast buttons for Xbox Elite Controller 2

I like the Elite controller, but the dark grey lettering on the black buttons is terrible. I had to have my controller modified to the proper coloured ABXY buttons so i can see them. i still cant see the labels on the little buttons. why do you not offer the option to get the coloured abxy buttons? or at least a high contrast version, not dark grey on black buttons. even just white letterings would be an improvement. i cant spend over 200 dollars on a controller i will need someone to take apart and modify so i can see…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. to get the narrator to tell me things on the screen like press a to jump

Im dyslexic and want the narrator to tell me useful things that come on screen like press x to jump, and automatically

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Xbox Series X Optical Port (S/PDIF)

Microsoft recently confirmed they will be removed the S/PDIF port from the upcoming Xbox Series X. I find this extremely disappointing. My wife uses a Cochlear Implant and we have relied on that port for a separate streaming device that streams audio directly to her hearing device. That allows her to enjoy the benefits of the console without having to mess with a lot of janky cables or settings. I cannot believe that Microsoft, who has been proactive in the area of accessibility, would have been this short sighted to not consider that there may be other applications for that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bite Switch

Hello, I am a disabled person who cannot use his hands. I need special apparatus to use a computer. The most important of these is the bite switch. But now there are only 2 bite switch manufacturers in the world. These bite switches are unfortunately not durable. Breaks down very quickly. This is a big problem for us. Microsoft has carried out many important projects for the disabled. Can you make a durable bite switch for us? Maybe it may not be important to you but it is very important for us to socialize

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Idea for Xbox Adaptive controller

Hello everyone , my name is Luis , I am cerebral palsy disabled. As a consequence of this I´m not playing confortable with the common pad. I know about Xbox adaptive controller but in my case I think that I have an idea better for people like me . Let me tell you my idea:

My main problem is use the buttons and controllers in horizontal , like a common pad, because you have to press the buttons fast , and that is a huge problem because i can´t move my hand and my fingers fast in this position, so…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clinician Looking For Game Access

Good morning!

I was instructed that this was the best venue to make this request.

My name is Bethany- I am a program assistant in the technical services department at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO). The role of our department is to promote the use of adaptive technology and toys with children and youth with special needs. We were incredibly excited to purchase a couple of your adaptive gaming controllers, and we now actually have one available for loan through our Adaptive Toy & Tech Resource Centre, so that families can trial it before deciding whether it is…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'd like a follow up from the accessibility team to my earlier post.

The only response i'm seeing from your team is: "Thanks for sharing this feedback with us <name>. We're going to pass this information on to the engineering team. Please continue to leave your feedback here and upvote posts that you agree with."

I would like to see some more feedback on what you are actually doing with the feedback. Please consider my earlier suggestion and follow-up with that message on what the current status is - is it feasible? not feasible? what did the engineering team say of this suggestion?

Thank you!

Relates to:
    https://microsoftaccessibility.uservoice.com/forums/307429-microsoft-accessibility-feedback/suggestions/38544484-xbox-one-accessibility-audio-balancing-for-lef

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base