Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add mouse wheel scrolling in Ease of access/mouse with keyboard

Hello Microsoft Accessibility Team,

Please add a mouse wheel scrolling function to Ease of access/Mouse with keyboard tool.
    As there is a tool to move the mouse cursor and click with left/right buttons in Ease of access, but the mouse wheel scrolling function is not availbe yet.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Gabor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a keyboard shortcuts search window to Windows OS, Edge and Office applications as well

Please add a keyboard shortcuts search window for Edge, Windows OS and Office applications as well.
    We have same solution in Narrator, Teams and Visual Studio Code applications. This would be a great solution to find the right keyboard shortcut in a minute rather than open the help menu or search the keyboard on the internet.
    This would be very useful normal end users as well to more focus on the keyboard work than using mouse.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Gabor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Modify F9 keyboard in Narrator/Virtual mode as it is dedicated for reading mode in Edge

Please modify the F9 keyboard in Narrator/Virtual mode as this keyboard is dedicated for reading mode in Edge or other internet browser like in Chrome. I know I can turn off virtual mode temporary or permanently in Narrator, but this is make the reading much more slower when the webpage supports the reading mode.
    I know there are several function keyboards which are not assign to any methodes in Narrator/virtual mode.

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Gabor

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook app interface update not friendly for people with Dyslexia

The emails used to show in the preview cleaner than they do not.

Before you had the sender's name in bold, below the sender was the subject line, and below that was a preview of the body text, and off to the right was the date. Very clean and easy to navigate through emails.

That all changed last Tuesday.

Now everything is on one line going left to right. You have the sender in bold next to the right is the subject in bold, next to the right is the date and time. Below is the preview of the body…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Speech recognition viewer for live transcription

Create a live transcription viewer using windows speech recognition that works on all video apps

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MICROSOFT WANTS ITS USERS TO STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER AND USE MICROSOFT EDGE INSTEAD. FOR ME I THINK THIS IS A VERY BAD IDEA.

INTERNET EXPLORER IS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER, EASIER & FASTER THAN EDGE. IT ONLY TAKES ONE OR TWO CLICKS TO DO MOST ANYTHING WITH INTERNET EXPLORER.
    SOME OF THE MANY FEATURES NOT AVAILABLE ON EDGE: 1. FAVOURITE BAR ICONS & ADDRESSES IN ONE CLICK. 2. FILE, EDIT, VIEW, TOOLS, HELP, AND ALL THE MANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN EACH OF THESE MENU. 3.PAGE WITH THE OPTIONS TO SEND THE PAGE OR LINK THROUGH OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHICH GIVES EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE RECEIPIENT WHEN THE FIRST LETTER OF THE RECEIPIENT IS TYPED. MICROSOFT HAS MADE EDGE AS A REPLICATION OF GOGGLE CHROME…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Linkedin needs a dark mode

I mostly work in React, which is easy to do theming on. I don't know what you have this written in, but, it's really hard for people like me to look at the white backgrounds on this app for extended periods of time.

By definition "scrolling through lists of jobs" is a browse-heavy experience, and using your website makes my eyes hurt a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Buenos días " Nuestra mesa de respuesta para discapacitados"

En la ventana de entrada a accesibilidad dice "Nuestra mesa de respuesta para discapacitados" el termino esta incorrecto, lo correcto debería ser Nuestra mesa de respuesta para PERSONAS CON discapaciDAD. Caso contrario invisibiliza a la persona.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make Windows Eye Control works with Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Windows Eye Control currently does not work with Tobii latest Eye Tracker 5. Please make it compatible with Windows Eye Control

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I am non-verbal and need text-to-speech in Teams

I have had a bit of an issue adjusting to Teams as I am non-verbal and there is no feature I can find for doing text-to-speech and doing things through speakers doesn't sound through well, so I am kind of stuck apart from just sending writing which people don't really read and it can be a very disheartening and I just want to work out a way to get a bit more involved and a text-to-speech feature would really help with that. It would make me feel a lot more included and make Teams much more accessible for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Immersive Reader in PowerPoint

There were a lot of announcements last year about Immersive Reader coming to PowerPoint, tonnes of demo vids etc, but for the life of me I can't find it. Is it still due for release?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bugs With Windows Eye Control

They are some keys on the Windows Eye Control that don't generate the correct scancodes, which don't work with certain applications that expect correct scancodes. For example, pressing F11 on most browsers will bring the browsers fullscreen. F11 key (along with many other keys) are broken. They send the correct virtualkeys but not scancodes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Develop Microsoft OneDrive, OneDrive for business and sharepoint site for Linux

Please develop/release onedrive and sharepoint document sync apps for Linux to work with Linux native file managers. Releasing MS Teams for Linux has given me hopes that we will hopefully see other apps follow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Notification sounds for each app

Is there an option to change the notification sound for a specific notification sender in Windows 10 PC Version?

For example, I would like the Calendar program play a custom, "Appointment due", but for Mail, "You have mail", Security and Maintenance play an "Alert" sound, etc. similar to how it can be done in Win 10 Mobile. It will be a great feature, cause I will know what notification I got, when I'm not close to my laptop and instead of running unnecessary, I will know just with the sound

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Outlook iOS App undo after swipe actioni steals focus

In Outlook for iOS with VoiceOver enabled. Very recently (this week). When going through one's inbox of messages and flicking up/down then selecting an action (e.g. Read & Archive). The VoiceOver cursor goes back to the next message, but then quickly changes focus to "Undo Archive".

The problem this causes is wasted time when archiving messages to clean up a mailbox

Acceptance:
    - When a user archives or deletes from a swipe action item the VoiceOver cursor should go to the next message so the user can continue to review their mailbox quickly.
    - For undo the user should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Xbox Series X/S - Audio Balance For Hearing Impaired

I am partially deaf in one ear and currently struggling with audio balance on the Xbox Series X and I know many other hearing impaired people are also struggling with the lack of an audio balance slider.

This could easily be solved for the Xbox with the addition of a left/right audio balance slider.

Microsoft has been really great with so many accessibility features but there is pretty much nothing for the hearing impaired.

Many other Microsft devices along with most other platforms already have this feature and surely it can't be that hard to introduce.

As I am partially…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. High Contrast

This page is easier to read than most. Turning on high contrast does not help to darken the print on screen. Web searches show many people have trouble with print on screen that is too light. Many elderly people have trouble. It would be helpful if Microsoft could provide a facility for darkening the print without having to go to Microsoft support. Offering white on black is not a solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide Another Way to Open the Reading Order Pane

The addition of the reading order pane is excellent and including numbers to show the order (as well as listing it from top to bottom) is much easier than using the selection pane. However, it appears as if the only way to open the Reading Order pane is through the accessibility checker. That is not helpful unless something is flagged by the accessibility checker. I copy and pasted a placeholder on to a slide. The placeholder was added to the end of the reading order as is typical. However, it was not flagged by the accessibility checker so I could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. We had a teams meeting with an accesibility-expert (who is blind). He wanted to share his computer audio while sharing a screen.

We had a teams meeting with an accesibility-expert (who is blind). He wanted to share his computer audio while sharing a screen. He could not find the checkbox for 'sharing computer sound on'. Make sure it is accesible for screen-readers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base