Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. compatibility patch to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Please consider adding a compatibility patch to Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 that will allow plug and play accessibility for CH Products yoke and pedal accessories.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please include Verdana as one of the fonts in the immersive reader

Please include Verdana as one of the fonts in the immersive reader. I have a number of students I work with that have visual impairments. When given a Font Evaluation, inevitably they choose Verdana as their font of choice. This would be incredibly helpful to many persons who have a visual impairment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Child friendly Operating system

I would like to post an idea that can we have child friendly Operating system. So far, we have OS supporting all laptop. A child doesn't uses all the features/tools which are by default provided by the OS. If an OS provides the basic feature like Microsoft Office and a chat tool. If the current OS have the capability to disable the features which are not being used for the age group 4-12 years then it can also be a possibility.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Soundscape  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make the whole of Word Accessible

I am completely blind and use JAWS and Narrator. Please make the multi-level list dialogue accessible. Right now, crucial parts of this dialogue are not able to be used either by Narrator or JAWS, in either Word 2019 or 2016. I can't navigate the list library because it's sset out in a grid whose rows horizontally wrap so that I can't tell where I am inside the grid. secondly, I can't use the 'include from level' feature when defining my own lists because you've made it a combo box which a screen reader cannot access. An edit spin box would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A OneDrive question

Why do the keywords used to search for documents (words, power point, etc.) in OneDrive no longer allow the documents that contain them to be traced (body text and not only title) ? It was super convenient ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. memory problems v passwords

There must be a way to help those like me who have brain haemorrhages/injury! every time I mess up trying to access services online I am required to use passwords/reset passwords etc. I cant remember which password is which for what and when.
    I also cant remember what to do if I look for solutions to problems. eg. If you mess up and youre told to go to setting then something else then something else, click on this and that and then reboot/try again etc. Whoa! Once Ive read all those instructions I cant get past going to Settings. After…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Improve VoiceOver Labels in Remote Desktop Mobile for iOS

Please improve the labels for the buttons and other controls in the iOS version of Remote Desktop Mobile when used with VoiceOver. The experience is quite good right now, but there are some controls with weird labels or those that are unlabeled. VoiceOver attempts to provide automatic descriptions for these, but they should be properly labeled. I am using version 10.1.2 of the client.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hi. cortana for windows 2004 should be pulled. not working for me, and the accessibility sucks. no settings to customize it to do the window

hi have a better interface for cortana. not supported and cortana not able to hear me since 2004. and my mike is working able to use zoom meetings and people able to hear me. so just pull this untill you have this fixed. also no settings to then set the windows c key and no trouble shooter for cortana. frustrated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cortana  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New Business Opportunities

Good to hear from you and hope you're fine . Stay safe.

We are from India BM Soft Solutions , Puducherry, working in Accessibility, XML conversion ,EPub conversion, Type setting, Copy editing ,proof reading ,Web site development and App development (Hybrid App and Native App) all above mentioned mainly depends on Microsoft products .

Coming to Microsoft Azure is there any way the above said work listed can be simplified, quickened using Microsoft azure or Microsoft software’s tools, resources as we tried and failed to get common look software unavailable in our region and waiting for this release https://commonlook.com/google-chrome-new-accessibility-feature-launched-commonlook-expertise/ to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outlook 2016, Zoomtext 2020, and Windows 10. Zoomtext is causing Outlook to be slow and/or unresponsive.

we have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. My computer gad a virus and was restored to factory defaults and everything reloaded. The problem continues. We have a ticket in with Freedom Scientific, but so far no resolution.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Outlook 2016, Zoomtext 2020, and Windows 10. Zoomtext is causing Outlook to be slow and/or unresponsive.

we have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook. My computer gad a virus and was restored to factory defaults and everything reloaded. The problem continues.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi I’m Patrick Lafleur and I’m in a group home called nova salus

Hi, I’m in a group home called nova salus https://www.novasalus.ca/
    My dr is dr Jose mejijia. At the iwk https://medicine.dal.ca/departments/department-sites/psychiatry/our-people/faculty/jose-mejia.html

I was born with ticks and turrets. It’s a movement that you can’t control. If you still don’t now what that is. Look it up on mental health. I have a YouTube channel, that inspires people on what they can do with a disability and moving forward. I would like an Xbox to show people and not just show, to inspire people what you can do with the power of the Xbox. Thank you so much for reading this. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChndT1pE7YxO-fZoeQVmnfg

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please stop removing sound effects from Windows!

As a totally blind person, I depend heavily on audio cues to tell me what is going on so sounds like the Windows shutdown sound and the device connect and disconnect sounds for printers are sorely missed. Honestly, wouldn't it have been easier to just turn those sounds off by default, and leave the option there for those customers who want or need them?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. System idea

I think a nice feature for the Xbox community would be to allow group chats. Rather than only being able to send messages to one friend at a time or send them when your all in a strict party. But to allow a group messaging with select friend whenever. We already have the accessibility to message and create looking groups . And join parties so why no have access to group chats

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve narrator support for lists

When encountering lists with multiple columns, narrator either reads the first item in the column, or nothing at all. As an example, open the msinfo32 System Information utility from the run box or start menu and tab to the list view. Pressing down arrow causes Narrator to speak "OS Name 1 of 42 selected". If this same list is read with NVDA, it speaks all the information. In this case, it would say Windows 10 Home, Professional, Enterprise, etc. In order to receive the same information with Narrator, it is necessary to press Narrator and the right arrow to move…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Instead of zoom disables game essential actions that I have tried to turn off and can’t. Increase text size in games Print is too small

Zoom is almost impossible to turn off I would rather see personalized increase in fount because most games I just can’t read from my bed that is not too far from my tv.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make it possible to turn URLs in comments on LinkedIn into meaningful links

I posted on LinkedIn about accessibility, and when friend shared my post, I commented to provide a link to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/learn/paths/accessibility-fundamentals/?source=learn. Given that the best practices in module 3 mention properly titling links, rather than leaving the URLs, it was particularly ironic there was no way to do that in my comment, or even to be sure it would show as a link once I posted it. Though it does show as the link after posting, I still can't add a proper link title if I edit the comment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please bring back set aside tabs

Hi,

Can you please bring back the set aside tabs function of edge. I have ADHD, Autsim and more only diagnosed in the past few years (I'm 42) which affect my working memory in particular, as well as general organisation and feeling overloaded.

Despite not knowing why I found things hard, I still managed to get through uni and become a teacher.

When I'm on a roll researching something, I'll flit from one page to another as I often research one part of a topic and read what multiple people say about the same thing. (When I was younger I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. screen reader picking up chat box messages during Teams meetings

Hi there,

In a recent video meeting via Teams- a participant's screen reader (NVDA) was not able to pick up/notified when there were new messages written by other participants in the chat box. Their screen reader did pick up when someone had a raised hand, but not when there was a new message. Can you provide any advice on this?
    Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base