Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add audio description tracks for Film and TV content in the Microsoft store

As per Apple, Netflix and Amazon; would it be possible to add audio description soundtracks for TV and Film content on the Microsoft store. I have just had it confirmed that this feature is not available and it would be a boon for visually impaired customers who can't currently enjoy this content from the MS store. I have had to choose a category for this idea that is not necessarily correct as there wasn't a category for store content or film and tv

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give us the option of removing clock from the lock screen.

I and many others it seems would like full control over what is displayed on the lock screen.
    I entered this under "Windows Magnifier" as there was no option for windows 10

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't force us to choose a school or job, give us something useful.

Please consider changing the registration method (LinkedIn) from forcing a selection and/or naming of a job/school. Not all of us are employed. And not all of us are in school, because not all disabilities can be "reasonably accommodated." Sure, I am disabled. But that's not relevant to seeking a job unless it directly interferes with the process of a job I can't do, and I'm not here to look for a job that I can't do. I shouldn't have to label myself in a way that would make a potential employer question me or my ability. Let me select student…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I just listed my suggestions above.

A "hot" key to allow a blind user to locate frequently, and not to frequently, used keystroke combinations to perform various Microsoft functions. These functions could include the keystrokes to find a folder, create afolder, and/or perform a search.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include Microsoft Teams in the list of Categories

On this Feedback Site include a Category for Microsoft Teams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Teams - Type a New Message box

In Windows Desktop app (and possibly other Teams sites). Change the placeholder text for a new Chat message to include the Team & Channel or People the message will be sent to.

Without this, the problem is a screen reader user must tab to find the chat they are in. Even Ins+T for the Window Title does not tell the user the Chat they are in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding Bluetooth device, "Pair Device?" dialog bug

If I have text size set to 120% and add a Bluetooth device the confirmation dialog box is unusable. You can see "Pair Device?" but the Allow and Cancel buttons are not visible and can't be triggered with keystrokes, ie: Alt+A, Alt+C, Enter or Escape.
    I have to set text size to 100%, add the Bluetooth device and set text back to 120%.
    The dialog at 120% is only 1/3 the height of the same dialog at 100%. About 100px vs 300px.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. calendar shades for alternating months

In old versions of Outlook it was easy to delineate between months. Now all the months have the same background color. It's too easy to accidentally make an appointment in the wrong month. Ask me how I know....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. video game interface for corrective exercises?

Hello,,,I am a pediatric physical therapist and work with kids with a range of disabilities. I think having some video game interface could be helpful in working towards some corrective exercises as a starter a program to help strengthen intrinsic muscles of the foot, exercises to help treat idiopathic toe walking...etc..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can we have the option of wider borders on Windows apps

Can we have the option of wider borders on Windows apps without the need for high contrast mode? When I have a number of applications overlapping it is really difficult to spot where one end and another starts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. i want you change it back in excel for the same way www.same way if i copy that in excel

i want you change it back in excel for the same way www.same way if i copy that in excel that is what I want Microsoft to do

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Excel - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Captions in MS Teams with option of synchronous inline transcript, Braille user deaf/blind

Captions can be difficult to keep up with. Zoom provides a synchronous inline transcript, that can be used with or instead of the Captions (where captions are provided by a person typing - electronic notetaker - palantypist). For Braille users who are deafblind this transcript is essential. Teams do not appear to have incorporated the option of the synchronous inline transcript view and the Captions are not accessible to Braille devices. Can MS Team meetings be made inclusive for people who are deafblind?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Microsoft Online Voice (Natural) to Seeing AI / Word & Outlook just like on MS Edge

Can you make available high-quality voice such as Microsoft {name} Online Natural? As a French language user, the other voice sound so robotics and the Online Voice are fantastic. It would be awesome to be able to use it to read paper book with it. Please vote for it! :)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Seeing AI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. smartart

I am writing my first presentation using the Check Accessibility function after doing your accessibility training - I am so impressed with it all. However, when checking my reading order and alt text, I have noticed that the text options within SmartArt do not seem to register with the accessibility checker tool. It won't allow me to add alt text to the images, or seem as though the text within the SmartArt is able to be registered by a screen reader. Is there plans to change this function to be more accessible? I love the SmartArt tool, but will need…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change file downloading back

The reason many did not switch to Google Chrome was due to the way it handles file downloading. Instead of a simple Open or Save As, the way Edge has always handles it, you have to go through several steps, and all of the extra time it takes ads up. But you decided to borrow this method from Google to reduce functionality for Edge users in a HUGE way. There are so many complaints about this but you haven’t changed it back. Don’t borrow the bad functioning of Google Chrome...that just makes no sense. Here’s one of the message strings: …

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. dyslexie font

Have you any plans to add the dyslexie font to your product fonts? While I realize its designer might want to retain some creative control, I would think the gain for him as well as MS even as a piggyback product would make it beneficial to at least talk. They have a web site, and there are several TED talks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Senior profile in Family groups

Hi, I would like to suggest the creation of a new Senior profile in Family groups, for the elderly people in the family.

I've added Granma as a Member to our Family group so that she may use my Office365 Family license, but it doesn't feel right: she is elderly, not a child, and having the possibility to monitor her feels like intruding in her privacy.

Giving her admin rights, on the other hand, could jeopardize the security of our Family group.
    A Senior profile with limited features and no monitoring would be a very useful addition.
    I hope you'll…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. dictation bar Windows key + h

dictation bar is there a way to have the icon in the taskbar.so you don't have to move it every time it gets in the way.other than clicking the X and then when you want it clicking the Windows key + h.it's a little thing thatt I certainly will use Windows key + H and the move it when I have to because I can't spell

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for Gamers Living with Hearing Loss

I recently began using hearing aids and while I'm fortunate enough to be able to use them with my over the ear headset it would be great if there was an option to connect them directly to the console or controller.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base