Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. put live support back i am on the phone number 90. no one will call and i hope i do not get cut off

. why can't I get help from Microsoft. I'm 68 years old I was born in this country with a learning disability. I pay for Microsoft assure software support. That way I could talk to a live person and they took that away from me.There is no stores open did you notice that they tell you to go to help.support.com or Microsoft support. com Microsoft Lock me out of my account and I have to send paperwork to my attorney three days ago.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put live support Back

I read all these blogs I have no idea what you people are talking about. why can't I get help from Microsoft. I'm 68 years old I was born in this country with a learning disability. I pay for Microsoft assure software support. That way I could talk to a live person and they took that away from me.There is no stores open did you notice that they tell you to go to help.support.com or Microsoft support. com Microsoft Lock me out of my account and I have to send paperwork to my attorney three days ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to make TEAMS accessible to voice to type without using a dictation box each time

I've been using Skype for several years and it's been working great as I can type straight into the required field. However with TEAMS, I have to open a dictation box, dictate my words, then click transfer then press enter. It's a dictation dilemma! I should be able to voice to type into the field and press enter when work discussions are going back-and-forth I don't have time to add all those steps. Can you please look into this before Skype is totally obsolete.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MS Teams volume too loud on Applie iPad

MS Teams volume is ridiculously loud on the iPad. I've turned it all the way down and it's still blasting - seems it's about 2-3 volume levels above other apps.

I've been forced to stick duct tape over the speakers to reduce the sound.

Can you fix this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop turning hashtags in Yammer to lower case

This is not "Ease of Access" but you don't have Yammer in your list and the field is mandatory. Maybe you should have "Other" in your drop-down list. However, that is not what I want to post about...

Whenever I put a hashtag into Yammer I use camel case as this is best practice (it helps screen readers read the words as individual words instead of gobeldegook. Yammer forces all hashtags to lower case! Why would you do that? #StopChangingCamelCase

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Magnifying Glass Icon

When using the magnifier I prefer the magnifying glass icon over the box that Windows 10 currently has available, is there a way to remove just the update that installed the newest options for the magnifier? Is it possible to have the magnifying glass option re-added in future updates?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Using JAWS to modify or remove a style from ribbon

I'm using JAWS with Word. I'm trying to apply an organizational template to a document, as well as add new styles, modify them, and even delete one or two. I'm able to navigate to the styles menu in the ribbon. The only way to remove, rename, or modify the style is to right click to bring up a context menu. For some unknown reason, I'm able to bring up the context menu using JAWS commands, like JAWS + 9. This means I can't modify a style after I've created it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Light Gray Windows Fonts to Bold Black for Visually Impaired

The light gray colors used by Windows GUI is nearly impossible for me to see. Exists in Windows, Word, etc. Anyway to change to a bold black font? Size of font is not the issue, it is the color.

Third party apps? Chrome offers a add on for Contrast, but the issue is the Windows interface.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. azure voices

Hello.
    microsoft produces new neural sounds and offers these sounds both with azure and microsoft edge.
    These new neural sounds sound really natural.
    I want these new natural sounds to be used with screen readers and also to use these sounds with android.
    The sounds we use in windows are very artificial.
    I want the new natural sounds used with azure to be used for the visually impaired.
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/text-to-speech/

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Mobile camera on webinar

Add the ability to share a mobile camera on a computer. This feature can be used in a video recording of a problem-solving tutorial.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Record video from the screen

Add the ability to record video from the screen, without the need to install software on the computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. electronic paper

Adding the possibility to turn a mobile phone or tablet into electronic paper (E-Paper). In this way: by writing the desired content on these devices, it will also be displayed on the computer screen (or laptop).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Customisable keyboard layout with modifier keys

I use a one-handed keyboard that allows me to mirror the right-hand side keys onto the left using a modifier key. But I have to use external keyboards to do this, it would be much better to have this function native to my computer so I can access one-handed typing with any keyboard and to be able to design which keys go where to reduce strain. Similar to how this keyboard configurator works https://configure.ergodox-ez.com/ergodox-ez/layouts/default/latest/0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. hi, using hyper v a blind networking student doing certificate iv networking from http://www.upskilled.edu.au. using windows server 2019

access speech within a virtual machine, turn on narrator for installing windows server with hyper v, vm ware work station, player, virtual box

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Icons Not Large Enough on Taskbar - Or Desktop for Low Vision - File Explorer Itself has Text too Small - Limited Contrast Options

Although some icons in W10 can be enlarged, it is not enough. Shortcuts on the Desktop need option to be even larger; same in Tiles.

Need to allow Taskbar Icons to be enlarged. You can expand the Taskbar and make it wider, but not the icons.

There is a need to have "global" change from the top down menu for Extra Large Icons for folders within File Explorer. Am having to change them folder by folder rather than having them all change from the top down;

With the File Explorer open, you can show Extra Large Icons, but the sidebar…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. hashtag

Within LinkedIn the 'add hashtag' is a fantastic tool however when this tool suggests hashtags with multiple words - it suggests are all lower case which is an accessibility concern. For the LinkedIn users who are visually impaired or use Screen Readers or those who are dyslexic - it is not easy to understand the hashtags with multiple words as the hashtag is in all lower cases.

When considering #CamelCase friendly hashtags - aka capitalizing multiple word hashtags LinkedIn posts/articles would be an even more accessible and inclusive experience where even more users understand the hashtag. Instead of the hashtag…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft is a Complete waste of Time, Over 3 hours online with NO Results

i have tried to contact microsoft and yet I have been unable to contact anyone.So now I am leaving Microsoft for good...This means after 10 years plus on here I will be forced to leave for good..my email address i cannot access since i have lost the Password.. I am a Physically Disabled male and yet NO email you sent me worked...I suffer with a short term memory Loss that effects me every day.The email below is my New Email address...So if some bright spark reads this maybe he may learn something...NO Access for me on your Disability disabled Site...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New product should be tested with people with disabilities, who contact Microsoft disability answer desk team

As a person who uses assistive technology, voice recognition software Dragon NaturallySpeaking may buy Nuance, with constant updating of Windows 10 there doesn't appear to be a robust way that Microsoft tested these types of applications with people with disabilities you've clearly got services of the Microsoft disability and support team who probably log and try to sort out problems people with disabilities please ask those people with disabilities to test products before they launched

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Do not have gray lines on a white background like in the header of Outlook email. Make the lines black.

Have bold black lines on a white background on the header of Outlook email. MS now has gray on white -- the lines are hard to see.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. chrome

It might be worth while enabling the download of chrome in windows s. I don't really care if windows is built with the same open source technology as chrome. The simple fact is I like google chrome, my phone is android, my email accounts are all google. It just makes sense to log into one internet server and have access to all my important documents and photos and email and phone.

so its a real inconvenience that I have to stop windows s and go to winows 10. if you want to add more value to your product it might…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base