Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Narrator support in the Windows Advanced Startup menu.

When accessing the Advanced Startup menu, Narrator cannot be used. This is the menu you access from settings>update&Security>Recovery that allows you to do things like boot from a disk, access system image backup, etc. When I access this menu, I receive no speech feedback. Pressing Control+Windows+Enter does nothing. If I press it too many times, the computer reboots into Windows again. This is another one of those essential features that needs to be completed ASAP! As someone planning to enter the IT field, this is essential if I want to independently troubleshoot Windows, boot from external drives, etc. Ideally, I'd…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Darken and improve the options for Out of Office and All Day Events again - the new colors are NOT functional!

Darken and improve the options for Out of Office and All Day Events again - the new colors are NOT functional!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Tracker:iot.http.jquery.javascript.js.jason

agent.io.certified.by.law.by.the.code.of.conduct

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Change How Your Mouse Works in Ease of Access on the login page.

Children in schools are blocked from accessing the Control Panel settings for various reasons. Therefore, on their own, they cannot change the tiny default mouse pointer to, let's say, Extra Large Black without have an IT Tech come out and login as an Administrator and make the change. This is very important for children with low vision since they often loose the location of the pointer. On the Login screen of Windows 10 you already have an Ease of Access button that allows anyone to use Magnifier, High Contrast etc., prior to login. Please also add the ability to make…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop needs ergonomic number pad.

We purchased one of these kits and have found that the numeric pad being separate is in no way ergonomic laying flat on the table and moves easily when being used resulting in a lot of errors which for us as accountants is a big issue. The existing number pad in the kit appears more like an after thought given the attention to design put into the keyboard itself.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. make it reasonable to retrieve a forgotten pasasword, instead of going through hopps and hurdles and then declined!!

This is truly frustrating! I have had my email for a very long time,, I have it programed to my phone, and it is very important to me as I have children and this is the way that I receive emails from their schools. I don’t understand why I can not access my email from any other computer and have tried the forgotten password option. When clearly I was prompted before to change the password that I have used for a long time, I didn’t want to change my password ,but was prompted that I had to change it! Now…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scan mode turns on when trying to type into a field on this forum

When typing into the post your idea edit box on this forum, scan mode will turn back on when typing a character or when arrowing through the edit box. This is in edge with Narrator in the fall creators update. When I select to post a new idea, scan mode behaves correctly in the give details edit box on the next page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. DO IT CORRECTLY!!!!

I AM DISABLED AND THEY DID NOTHING TO GET MY COMPUTER FIXED CORRECTLY AGAIN!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve screenreader access of Skype for Business

Skype for Business is curretnly very verbose with a screenreader and has limited keyboard shortcuts. Explore ways to imporve EG don't read out title of conversaton window as arrow between each line in a conversation; make it faster and more reliable to mute and unmute self and to review and manage status of others in a meeting. Make it easier and more consistent to fidn and join meeting from within the applicaton (at the moment join via Outlook meeting is more reliable with a screenreader).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Windows Mixed Reality accessible with screen readers

Make Windows Mixed Reality accessible with screen readers.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Superlity Eminence of Microsoft is "beyond comparison".

Should be more easy for layman and that's all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the landing point for keyboard focus on returning to the Contacts tab to the "Find someone or dial a number" area

In Skype for Business, it used to be that if I was on the Contacts tab and I used Ctrl + n to move to another tab and then Ctrl + 1 to return to the Contacts tab, my focus was in the same place as I'd left it. Getting to the "Find someone or dial a number" edit could take a lot of keystrokes. When I go to that tab, the edit area is where i want to be almost every time

A recent update (I'm now on 16.0.8201.2200) changed this so that now when I return to the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. add support for changing the pronunciation of the screen reader

A great deal of screen reader users want to change the pronunciation of certain words to specific applications and synthesizers. You should do this for the windows narrator.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base