Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put a chat on line

a chat online to solve problems inmediately

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make an audible or vibration signal to indicate when the pen is paired with the surface pro4 tablet. G

There should be a vibration or audible signal to indicate when the function key is pressed. This is particularly important for us blind jaws screen reader users. I have muted my surface many times because I didn't realize the function key was not depressed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. give win10 the ability to have a thicker coloured border around Windows like in win7

give win10 the ability to have a thicker coloured border around Windows like in win7

this would be extremly helpful for visually impaired users

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make sure developers of different MS products are on the same accessibility page.

Accessibility Checker and Captioning plug-in for PowerPoint? Good job. Thumbs up.

Inability to convert a captioned PowerPoint to an accessible Office Mix? Inexcusable.

MAKE IT EASY FOR END USERS TO CREATE ACCESSIBLE CONTENT.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. pasar global dunia islam dan koperasi dunia islam

pasar global dunia islam dan koperasi dunia islam

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the Narrator keyboard commands mimic two of the most popular screen readers JAWS or NVDA. This would make it easier to switch between t

Make the Narrator keyboard commands mimic two of the most popular screen readers JAWS or NVDA. This would make it easier to switch between the different screen readers. Narrator is starting to show some potential but as it becomes more useful it may be too difficult to use if the commands are to difficult to remember.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. enable shared users of Office 365 not to receive messages of subscriptions ending.

include data on how to respond to incorrect messages about subscriptions ending.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Inconsistent accessibility features in Edge and other MS apps

I was directed to come here by customer support. I had to install Windows 7 on a different hard drive just to post this! I have been a member of the "insider" program since February 14th 2015.
    I have a spinal cord injury which renders my hands and arms useless. I have been disabled for 25 years. I worked with Mark Novak, at the University of Wisconsin Weisman Center, on the original Access Pack for MS-DOS and Access Pack for Windows 3.1 which is the forefather of "Ease of Access". I must use a mouthstick or voice recognition to navigate…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow scrreen readers to fully read Windows Runtime applications like the Cortana search box

Apparently Microsoft just made a security decision to block any application, even a trusted screen reader, from injecting its code into any WinRT application.
    This includes Windows core components like the start menu, settings app and Microsoft Edge. This also means windows store apps as well.

This greatly reduces accessibility in all these essential apps and in particular edit boxes. We are pretty much writing silently and there is no sound for when we misspelled something or when a suggestion comes up.
    Microsoft is moving more and more to having all their apps and components be packaged like this, so…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the command lines work better with screen readers, including the new Bash client for developers

The current command line works pretty good, but there are two major problems that showed up particularly in windows 10:
    1. You need to use the review cursor to read the command line. This is OK, but not novice friendly and has always been the case.
    2. When one has "speak typed characters on" or "speak typed words on" I will hear new output spelled to me rather than read normally. This is beyond aggravating!
    Next, the new Bash client acts like the command line, but when using things like SSH, Nano or Vim, it acts a little strangely.
    For…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. make narrator automatically switch voice based on the language of the text

it would be very useful if the new mobile core voices can be language aware, so that an English voice would speak English text, the Arabic one would only read Arabic text, etc.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please make Text To Speak aviable in dutch.

TTS in dutch for Unicersal Windows 10 and Windows 10 for phones will open much doors for people with a dissability in Belgium or The Netherlands. It will also help me a lot as developer of accessible apps in this region.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a Screen Curtin Like on IOS

In windows 10, especially on the Surface devices, the ability to turn off the screen has been disabled. The old method was to press windows+p to get to projector options, then arrow up to second screen only and press enter.
    There are three reasons why having a way to turn off the screen is important:
    1. Privacy and safety. As a blind user, we have no idea who could be looking at our screen and if we are writing some highly personal data in a public place, then we have no way to insure someone is not looking over our…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring Siri's "What did they say" to Windows 10

One key difference I would like to see would be to have it expand the reach of the feature. Make "What did they say" work in Edge.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Voice commands for teachers

integrated voice commands in Windows 10 using Cortana, not just for accessibility but broader use, as a teacher would like to walk into a room and say, "Cortana, On Screen" then a series of events would happen to project device screen to front of the room. Say "Cortana, Blank Screen" to hide screen, in classroom say "Cortana, Show Billy's Screen" and so on. Would be many other uses for Cortana commandlets for the Internet of Things.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base