Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include number of unread message count in Outlook in dialogue accessible from Control + y.

When in Outlook, it is possible to quickly move between folders using the keyboard shortcut: control + y. HOwever, the number of unread messages in each folder is not exposed to screen readers such as Jaws, NVDA and Narrator. Jaws has a scripted solution to this, but it would be universally accessible if this number was provided through UIA or another method. Please up voat.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Outlook iPhone app: improve user experience for VoiceOver users

Improve the user experience for VoiceOver users in the Outlook iPhone app. Efficient Calendar navigation through future dates is currently not possible. Braille screen input can also be unstable in many situations. Native iOS Mail app currently offers a more reliable experience for VoiceOver users.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show as Out of Office shading - Outlook 2016

The shading for the Show as Out of Office needs to be much darker in Outlook 2016, just as it was in earlier versions. It is very annoying that you are no longer able to scan the calendar for out of office days due to the color change.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All day event area on calendar.

We use all-day events for deadlines. All-day event area should be shaded or somehow delineated from the rest of the calendar.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option of pinning the Accessibility Checker in Outlook

I am trying to be more consistent about using the accessibility checker with Outlook and PowerPoint. I also like the live checking feature as I compose. Having the checker start or appear by default as I begin an email or PPT would be a great option.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tech support service

I would recommend the TECH support individual JPHN B (who answered my most recent support call )!!! He listened to ALL my concerns, past efforts, and needs, then set up an Outlook version for me to access previous information. A fast, efficient and successful job very well done!!!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Darken and improve the options for Out of Office and All Day Events again - the new colors are NOT functional!

Darken and improve the options for Out of Office and All Day Events again - the new colors are NOT functional!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please make Out Of Office Shading Darker

Please make the out of office shading darker in Outlook - like the old version. The darker shading is a much more effective way to those of us who manage several calendars. Currently looking for other calendar software due to this issue.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give us more than three lousy formats to "choose" from on new Outlook Mail

Fire the 20 y.o. software engineers who keep designing upgrades that cause extreme eye strain. Now we have outlook mail with only three screen choices, one of which is text on the far right...ever heard of astigmatism? NONE of the choices let us look at an extensive list of emails we're working from... Why can't you leave Outlook alone ?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Office 365 Accessibility

Outlook 365 needs separators to the right & left of "save & close" so I won't accidentally select delete and lose work I NEED. Also, Calendar needs the name of the current day in bright Yellow so it stands out from other days in thw week of month.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Outlook 2016¸ version 16.0.11029.20045 32-bit braille bug composing new message with JAWS 2018, 2019

When composing a new email in Outlook 2016 build 16.0.11029.20045, the Cc... appears in cell 19 or 20 (on a 40-cell Focus 40 and 32-cell Brailliant). This is expected to be in the 6th cell when using cells 1-4 as status cells and a space. The behavior on other builds is as expected. There was no CC label at all on 16.0.9029.2167 after we reinstalled using the Offline installer. Updates took us back up to 16.0.11029.20045 and brought the issue back.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. be good if you had an automatic spell and grammer check built in

would make it much easier for people with bad eyesight and make spelling mistakes

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. this new sign in sucks, I can never get to my hotmail,outlook

Fix this program so I can sign in once and be remembered, I never can get to MSN.com-Hotmail, Outlook email. I am totally fed up with this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Darken the Out of Office Shading

Out of office color should be much darker. The shading for a full Out of Office day in the Exchange version of Outlook is barely distinguishable from open time. This didn't use to be the case.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alt text option for picture that can be added to signature in Microsoft Outlook.

Users need to be able to add alt text to pictures that can be added to one's signature in Microsoft Outlook. I have employees that just want to attach a digital picture of their business card. Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restore drag/drop function

I was able to drag/drop emails to Calendar. But it seems that this function was removed from Outlook 2016. Please restore this function.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow images to be ignored by assistive technology in Outlook and Mail

I am a software developer working for the UK government on a service that sends emails.

We send HTML emails and have images in them which are only useful visually. We give them blank alt text to mark them to be ignored by the email program.

Using Outlook 2016 and Windows 10 Mail with JAWS and NVDA, the images are still included in what is spoken. Their URLs are announced as part of the email text.

I have also tried giving them aria-hidden="true" and role="presentation" to mark them as presentational but this information is not being conveyed to screenreaders.

Can…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make outlook.com accessible to screenreaders. Preferably provide a light version.

Outlook.com remains very inaccessible to Jaws and other screenreaders. The articles that have been posted on this subject are not very helpful and have not been updated in some time. Some email providers offer a light or basic html version, and Microsoft should do something similar here if they value accessibility.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. JAWS screen reader unable to identify voting buttons in Outlook 2016

Find a way to alert screen readers that voting buttons exist when reading an email in Outlook 2016.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base