Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please extend the free upgrade window 10 for accessibility users

please extend the free upgrade window 10 for accessibility users

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop using click here, or here for hyperlinks

I'm probably posting this in the wrong location but this was the closest forum I could find.
    I want to make an appeal to Microsoft's Accessibillity champions to run some internal training for the folk that prepare Microsoft's web page content and promotional emails. Please teach them how to write effective link text rather than using 'click here' .

Contextual text links have been a Web Content Accessibilty Guidelines (WCAG) requirement for a very long time now. And giving users an instruction to click something is not inclusive; mobile users tap, keyboard users press enter, etc
    I'm trying to get…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disability is normal part of human diversity

First, kudos to you on making technologies accessible to all. Learning Tools are awsome. Please keep working on making all tecnologies fully accessible to people with different types of disabilities. You are doing a great job, but you can always do better 😊.

Here are some suggestions related to your post Microsoft + Made by Dyslexia: Helping students with dyslexia with technology. In this post  there is a confusing reference to the definition of dyslexia. "These students whose language based learning difference causes a deficiency with phonological processing when learning to read, are often mistakenly labeled as having a learning…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Soundscape and use with blue tooth hearing aids.

1. In Uk 25% of visually impaired also have hearing defects. Many contemporary digital hearing aids have the capacity toluse blue tooth which means users who are hearing as well as sight impaired can use their aids at the same time as Sounscape

Its a great Ap. Considerably extends my ability to get round and identify where I am as well as helps resolve situations in which you are not sure where you are. Some UK National Health Hearing Aid Services will supply a digital blue tooth enabled hearing aid to those who can demonstrate a need for it.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please require alt text when inserting an image into an office document

Go into Microsoft Word, clock on the insert menu. Click on image and select an image. Once you press OK, the image is inserted into a document with no prompting for alt text. Most of the world has no idea what alt text is.

Please add either another required field to the insert dialogue that says "please describe the image" or "please describe the image to a blind person" that will be alt text, or have a second dialogue pop up after the insert image dialogue that requires alt text before the image can be inserted.
    These fields can have…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. WINDOWS 7 - please don’t stop supporting

Please don’t stop supporting windows 7. Please don’t just think about yourselves. Ok we understand life is not going under us but we are disabled people we are visually impaired people. We only can use WINDOWS 7. Please don’t don’t stop supporting. If you do stop supporting it’s just like locking us in a room without water and bread. Please don’t stop supporting WINDOWS 7. We need windows 7. Life is not easy as yours for us. Please.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please include BeeLine Reader

Please integrate BeeLine reader for those with Dyslexia using Microsoft Outlook. Thank you!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. make BeeLine Reader available as a accessibility option in Word. It would really help my struggling readers!

Please make BeeLine Reader available as a accessibility option in Word. It would really help my struggling readers!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make signature lines in Office accessible to a screen reader

In Word 2016, go to the insert menu and click on signature line. If one tabs through the boxes here, they are not labeled. Next, after filling out the unlabeled boxes, press OK. Now a graphic called "Microsoft Office signature line..." is inserted into the document. First, the signature graphic should say "Unsigned Microsoft Office signature line..." so the user knows the line is unsigned. Second, there is no way for the screen reader user to click the signature to sign the line.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Website for updating to Windows 10 for accessibility tech users.

When I attempted to use the down load button on the disability webpage to allow disabled users great to Windows 10 for free my screen reader could not activate the button and I tried several screen readers including jaws are the creators update and the new improved narrator in the fall creators update as part of the insider program.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. bring back being able to email microsoft.. not all of us have the time for other ways

getting office has done something to other apps on my computer .. wher they wont open ..

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Incorporate beeline reader

Makes reading easier and more enjoyable. Takes my eyes for a 'walk'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow screen readers to access the graphics menu in Microsoft Office

Go to the insert menu. Choose "picture". Select the image you wish to insert. Now the image will be inserted into the document with no alt text (Please require everyone to type in alt text when inserting an image). Now with a screen reader, it is impossible to get to the picture menu to add alt text.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the option to use pictures for answer choices in Forms

When considering a Universal Design to Learning approach, the ability to use visuals (pictures) for an answer choice in a form would assist our visual learners and allow for alternate access and assessment. For some students, reading is incredibly difficult without an accompanying visual.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Immersive Reader in Office Lens for Android available in Spanish

Office Lens is available in several languages but in the Android version is not possible to change the Immersive Reader voice to Spanish

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft Excel

There is a series problem navigating with keyboard in Microsoft excel 365 and apparently in older versions.
    The F6 key dos not go to the sheets area in the workbook

As a result a keyboard user without a screen reader cannot perform actions on a sheet using the right click Key
    Using Alt + H O R is very difficult to use with keyboard only – and spatially for People with motor-handicapped hands
    Even if you can add buttons to a Quick Access Toolbar, navigating it might create a load if there are too much buttons on these toolbar
    So…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please allow comments to be deletable in Microsoft Office 2016 with the keyboard.

According to the following article:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/insert-or-delete-a-comment-8d3f868a-867e-4df2-8c68-bf96671641e2
    There is no way to delete comments in word with a keyboard.
    This is very difficult to work with as I can't give clients completed, but annotated documents from my coworkers.
    Please fix this ASAP!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. fix the Win10 accessability release so that Security Essentials works...mine hasn't been able to update since I installed Win10!

The accessibility WIN10 I installed hasn't been able to update Security Essentials since day #1. Nothing I have done, including reinstallation and installation of the "Fall Creator's Update" (whatever that is...) 1709 hasn't helped. I've had to buy Malwarebytes to keep things alive. And since your little subject box above doesn't offer "Security", I've had to select something irrelevant.

And simply trying to do normal maint. updates results in some sort of "organizational" message -- I'm a standalone installation!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. fix the disability chat. It was working for one day, now it doesn't

fix the disability chat line. It's failing to work again! I am again getting the pop up that says "error occurred please try back later" I'm sick of this happening, and I needed some immediate help
    Jeff Engle

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to get real time notifications when updates and changes are made to Office

The developers are always changing things and this makes things very hard for people with disabilities when we do not know about changes that are made; so, Develope an Automatic Notification for only what you have changed so we will not worry that someone or something messed things up for us...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base