Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Eyes first maze

It would be helpful for some users to have a target to focus on from the onset of the game. So for instance having the option to have the little dots that appear after you go over the spaces visible from the start (they can appear on all the spaces to make it more challenging) Just might help in targeting/focusing the eyes, especially for younger users and those with apraxia!
    Thanks for these games- excited that my 6 year old has some new games to explore!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Eyes First Games and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Inclusive tech glasses for Deaf

Hi my name is Maryan and im wondering if you have a more streamlined and discreet version of the hololens with live captioning so Deaf people can easily communicate and better understand hearing people wherever they are??

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access to network devices

Please make it possible to access/edit/save files created in your office suites such as Word etc that are stored in network drives that are easily detected by software such as File Manager Network Explorer on iOS devices. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a shortcut to turn off the computer in windows 10. in Windows XP, it was Windows+uu

add a shortcut to turn off the computer in windows 10. in windows XP, it was Windows+uu.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rdp spase button ios do not Control graphic controls

Application rd client for iphone : If the iPhone is connected to the windows computer via rdp, the space bar performs only the text input function. buttons can not be pressed, in explorer not select files, it is impossible to interact with checkboxes, and so on. Other remote control programs do not have such problems. Correct the transfer of the space button on the iPhone touch virtual keyboard and update the app in the App Store. This is not a third-party application, the developer specified Microsoft.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My 9 yr old son has Leukemia and we are on the verge of homelessness if it werent for charities. We need help with game pass & xboxlivegold

I'm wondering if there is a charity that can help children in treatment that are hard care gamers. His Xbox is all that makes him happy and he dreams of being a youtube streamer for xbox and Microsoft pc games! LOL! But its just come down to, we just cant afford the xbox live gold and game pass now. He has an Xbox one s that was a gift from a distant friend but I cant keep up with the costs. He is an amazing gamer at just 9. He has almost 6000G coins in such a short time. He…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Publish Audio Description videos which are already on the Xbox youtube channel.

There are several unlisted videos on the Xbox youtube channel which are Audio Description versions of existing game trailers. I was delighted to discover these, but could not seem to find them without stumbling upon a link from an external site.
    These videos should be published, at the very least, and organized into a playlist for visually impaired gamers to find. At present, the target audience wouldn't even know they exist.
    With E3 going on, it's more relevant than ever for visually impaired to get excited about upcoming titles alongside their sighted peers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I don't want tiles. I want Icons with text. I struggle with visual agnosia. I HATE Win 10 and Tiles.

I don't want tiles. I want Icons with text. I struggle with visual agnosia. I HATE Win 10 and Tiles. My brain does not recognize pictures. I am not 4. I can read text.

Give us back our Win 7 or before GUI. XP had a great GUI. I could find anything. Win 7, not so good. Win 10 turns my computer into a brick. I CAN"T FIND ANYTHING Give us a Win 7 overlay

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Worse greedy company

Appreciate your customers instead of ignoring them. And deal with their issues been hacked with an Xbox I never had. I am on disability and this has happened for a year and all you could do after deleting all my messages is tell me you will take my card be more like apple take some lessons cause they have customer service

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In Microsoft Outlook Contacts, could Videophone be added as a type of telephone number, in addition to TTY/TDD, which is already available?

More and more, Deaf people have videophones (instead of TTY/TDDs). But there's no way to indicate that a specific tel. number if a videophone. this would be great!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Screen contents decrease with Cntl-'minus' but cannot be enlarged again. How to reset???

If Cntl-'minus' is enabled, then so should Cntl-'plus' be enabled.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Here's an idea for accesability! How about a COMPANY E:MAIL ADDRESS?

Here's an idea for accessibility! How about a COMPANY E:MAIL ADDRESS we can use when our E:Mail address of TWENTY YEARS gets blocked and after MULTIPLE attempts at your " authentication process" and multiple promises (BY YOU) to call with a code, you require me to open another account. Thereby losing ALL my E:Mails (some from deceased relatives) AND my contacts! WTH?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Dont ever ask Microsoft for help if you are person with a disability . Today i ask why i have spread sheets and shoppong panner and has des

Idea encouge people with disabilies to go some where else that won't abuse them as much as you.. close your disability help desk it only aduses people with disabilies

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Typing disabilty and need for accessible VR to dictate book writing into Word

To have a voice recognition built into word that enables me to write book length miss and edit others drafts. So good voice dictation for text and east to use editing commands. Thank you. This has been the main thing bogging me down from writing books. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I am extremely disappointed and annoyed at the lack of help I received from Marilou when I called her on 14 May.

I am extremely disappointed and annoyed at the lack of help I received from Marilou when I called her on 14 May.
    Over the past more than 15 years I have always had excellent help from all of your team dealing with disability issues. In fact I have sung your praises to many about how all of your staff have always gone out of their way to help and resolve any problems.
    Unfortunately, this cannot be said for this agent.
    I have never had the misfortune of such an unhelpful agent, who refused to listen to my problems with ms…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. What features are available for mutes? What about a way to answer a smart phone?

Enable a smart phone to utilize type to text app to answer a smart phone. Now text is not spoken over the phon just through the phones speaker?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A program for Xbox one users to exchange games from disc to digital copy especially since it’s getting harder to move around for some people

A way to exchange your old Xbox one games on disk into.Digital copies To help people with disabilities get their old games

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Setting timing length for notifications should be in Ease of Access

Timing length for notifications should be in Ease of Access. By the time I have processed a notification it is gone before it sinks in. I think somewhere notification timing can be set... yet I cannot find it when I look for it. It should be in Ease of Access.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Gaming, party and recovering from a psychosis

First in Dutch then i translate it to english, i'm sorry. Een paar jaar geleden kreeg ik een psychose het herstellen ging traag. Was snel moe van de prikkels die ik binnen kreeg. Dankzij de Xbox One en de Party's heb ik dat op kunnen bouwen, de hoeveelheid prikkels die ik kon verwerken. Eerst 1 op 1 en een party en game, daarna 1 op 2 in de party steeds meer mensen en enzovoort. Begon met een paar minuten en dat steeds langer. Maar werd ik moe in mn hoofd of werd het te druk kan ging ik eruit en…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hard of Hearing, Microphone only input.

I am practically deaf and rely on hearing aids everyday for general life. I moved across the country and my friends from home and I typically like to game. I haven't come across a good headset that I can hear without turning the volume all the way up. Thats not the problem. The problem is that when I do that, my friends get way too much feedback. I am currently using the Plantronics RIG 800LX (may not be the best mic, but it's always a problem, have had a few over the years). When I turn it all the way…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base