Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow ASUS computer to install Windows 10

I have two computes that are denied windows 10
    I would hope windows would rectify this so we older senior citizens could join

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Office 365 videos on YouTube

We are so thankful for all that Microsoft is doing to make accessibility at the forefront of all of your products! They are amazing. We have noticed, however, that your videos are not able to be followed by folks who are blind because there is little to no spoken word. Because I present on best practices in teaching and using your technology around our university campus, I feel I cannot incorporate your videos into those presentations because they go against the principles of inclusive design. Could you please look into these? I like your videos because they are short and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve accuracy and functionality of speech recognition

The accuracy of speech recognition appears to be coming up again and again.

I spent £450 on a new laptop, hoping that the accuracy would be excellent compared to google. Clear and so disappointed and frustrated that I had considered the facts that I still have enough time to return the laptop to the shop and change it for an Ipad. I have cerebral palsy and injured my hands four years ago and they have not recovered due to spasticity.

Maybe speech recognition could be improved by using some of the most commonly used commands in the training section as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Expect a disabled senior's blog and an AARP Magazine article on how badly the Microsoft Disabled dept. CAN'T DO ITS JOB.

I went repeatedly to the disabled Dept. Of Microsoft, and the Disabled Chatboxes, and the employees of these depts. Repeatedly failed over and over, to fix my disabled draw tablet,which windows ten update had broken so it could not get fixed. THERE will be an article in AARP MAGAZINE on how bad that Microsoft disabled chat boxes and the Disabled help dept. Of Microsoft repeatedly screwed up,failing to fix the broken tablet in Windows ten.

Seniors who are disabled CANNOT GET REAL HELP FROM MICROSOFT,MICROSOFT DOES NOT GIVE A F___.Since my bad experiences with Microsoft Disabled Help Desk and the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WHY DISABILITY MICROSOFT DESK DOES NOT WORK ON CHATS:

WELL LET M,E TELL YOU I HAVE wasted hours and hours on the disability Chat all night long,and can't even get the people to do the crossover to take over and even GET THE REMOTE ACCESS TO WORK.The day time phone no. Works,but you should get rid of the chatbox especially in evening.obviously you have STUDENTS ON THERE and they can't even manage to do the remote access altho I gave them permission and I did all their instructions right,they all refused to look up the referral no. I gave them.They can't tell their noses from their toes.I DID ALL…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Microsoft Edge print screen has unconventional option to close or dismiss

The PRINT screen for Edge has an annoying format. The print dialog does NOT have a close button "X" in the upper right of the window. The user is forced to close an unwanted print dialog using a CANCEL button at the bottom of the dialog or window. Why is this frustrating?

FIRST, it is unconventional. Most print dialogs have a close button at upper right of window. Microsoft apps use the backdoor under FILE to print, but the edge print option differs from the appearance of a Microsoft Application such as WORD.

SECOND, it is easy for the user…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I cann ot receive text messages. I cannot receive text messages to get text codes. I cannot receive tech support by inputting text codes.

Verbal voice codes for those of us who cannot, cannot receive text messages on our phones. No text codes!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add MouseKeys on Accessibility home page

Microsoft products have an incredibly useful feature called the "MouseKeys". But the page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility is not providing the details of it. Please add it to accessibility homepage with due respect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. voiceover

I would like to have a webinnar on using office word and excell using voiceover on the mac. A true funtional session. For example creating a word document; creating headings and lists; navigating the document and saving it. For Excell creating and using column and row headings and having voiceover read the headings while navigating the spreadsheet. Creating formulas and other basic spreadsheet activities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ONLINE Office 365 template in Word with 24 point Calibri Font. There no ability to change the default document setting In word online

ONLINE Office 365 template in Word with 24 point Calibri Font. There no ability to change the default document setting In word online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Magnifier  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hello there, HoloLens 2 support. I have idea for improvement for people with visual impairment, which is including your product HoloLense 2!

Hello there, HoloLens 2 support.
    I have idea for improvement for people with visual impairment, which is including your product HoloLense 2!
    My idea was, that after adding high resolution camera above the HoloLense 2, the picture from this camera would than be streamed live in to the device, for people with visual impairment to have option, to zoom in or out as they need in order to provide better vision for them.

Please let me know, what do you think about this idea?
    Daniel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Eyes First Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Guidelines for accessibility

What's Linkedin best practices for posting from an accessibility standpoint? E.g.: imagery with text. Does Linkedin have a clear guideline for content creators?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LinkedIn Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bitlocker screen gives no indication that the eyesight impaired can use

My customer has many eyesight impaired users, but they also use Bitlocker with PIN on startup. The Bitlocker screen doesn't give these users any indication that they are on the Bitlocker screen and need to enter their pin.
    The screen times out after a short while, so the user never knows where they are in the process if they forget to count after pressing the power button or the machine doesn't respond in the expected way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please fix the taskbar issue

Each time I click into a full screen game in certain areas, the task bar minimizes my game and automatically begins to type into a search bar. This issue is worse when navigating through webpages. Please add an update to fix this issue. This is causing alot of frustration when even doing simple webage navigation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When updating Windows 10, please make Narrator work with CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra.

In a future update for Windows 10, please add support for CyberLink PowerDVD to Narrator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Narrator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "point to input" is active no matter where you point it when using on-screen keyboard.

I am a muscular dystrophy patient. Only a small movement of the wrist.

If you are using the on-screen keyboard, the input function is only enabled within the on-screen keyboard.

Furthermore, make sure that "point to input" is active no matter where you point to it.

For example, you can click on the taskbar icon, scroll the internet screen, move the on-screen keyboard, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Eye Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want to share an email opened in OUTLOOK in my notebook to one my colleague through WEB-whatsapp

Just now I am working in OUTLOOK in my notebook. I just want to share an email through web-whatsapp to one of my colleague. I couldnt find any option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base