Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reduce ambient noise in the Disability Support Call Center

The Disability Support Call Center has a very high level of ambient. The causes are probably the usual: too much hard surface in the environment, too low or non-existent partitions, staff are not trained to speak normally, no established noise level expectations are set, no monitoring of noise and speech levels, no continuous improvement plan, and no coaching to meet expectations.

I have multiple disabilities, hearing is one of them. I wait as long as possible to call because I always have great difficulty understanding the support representative. The major problem can be fixed with no investment.

The problem is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Individual audio controls

Through medical complications when young, and later through an injury sustained while enlisted in the USNavy, I have lost most of the hearing in my left ear. I still like to game, to do things that require headphones. In order for me to play anything competitive, I need to keep the volume so high for my left ear that I'm blowing out my right.

I know there are plenty of capable people in a similar position to myself, and the development of an ear-specific volume control within the volume settings on the XBox or other devices would allow functionality and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Identify visual impaired recipients in Outlook

When writing emails at work it would be great to know if the recipient is visual impaired. Coming from a large organization you do not always know who your audience is when writing emails. This would of course be the choice of the employee. If the employee wanted others to know they are visual impaired...it would be great if Outlook can have an icon or some type of alert letting the writer know the recipient is visual impaired within Outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MS Teams and captionning

Issue: captionning area. The captions are limited to two lines and there is no scroll bar to go up. In many meetings, there is a lot of discussion and then I think I saw a question for me. However, I only saw half the question and couldn’t scroll up to confirm if they were talking to me. With the long pause, I assumed but it was awkward. It could have be simpler with the ability to scroll up. When I use my phone for captions I can see 9 lines and I can scroll up and down.

Issue: captions on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create a version of windows 10 with windows xp type gui

Some people preferred the older features and interface of windows xp that allowed for more customization, and control of windows. It would be nice if windows 10 had some kind of legacy mode, in which it would look more like the old windows and less like a fisher price product. Something as simple as an option that would disable useless stuff like cortana and give easier access to features like commands, event scheduling and more customization of the local OS. Another big thing would be having an option to disable all of the annoying online features like linking and one…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PERSONALIZED SPEECH RECOGNITION

I am training personalized models in Microsoft Azure Speech To Text for different people with dysarthria. We would like to see how well a commercial system can be adapted to these kind of voices. The idea is to train a model with a dataset of different commands recorded by people with dysarthria so that they can later use it in their laptops.

I would like to know whether it would be possible to integrate these personalized models in the operating system somehow.

It would be great to integrate them in programs such as Word, Power Point or LibreOffice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Availability of the Accessibility Checker on Android, iOS, and the Windows 10 app

The Accessibility Checker, available on Windows and Mac versions, allows the user to check the accessibility of their documents for people with visual disabilities and those who use assistive technologies such as screen readers. This feature, however, is not available on other versions of Microsoft Word. It would greatly improve the overall accessibility of Word if the Accessibility Checker were made available on all versions of the product. As Microsoft's mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, certainly such a change is directly in line with the company's goals.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG - Read Aloud breaks CTRL+Left/right arrow to move by word

When Read Aloud is enabled, we cannot use CTRL+right or left arrow to move the cursor by word. If Read Aloud is reading at the time, CTRL+Right arrow goes to the next paragraph, which is the same thing that CTRL+up/down arrow usually does, although this does not move by paragraph while reading (does when reading is paused). CTRL+Right/left arrow does not move by word even when Read Aloud is enabled but paused. If you still have a Read Aloud enabled in one Word document, none of your other open Word documents can use CTRL+Left/right arrow to move by word until…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Word - Office Accessiblity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improvements on accessibility options on MS Teams

Microsoft Teams itself is not fit for any purpose with regards to the accessibility technical software user due to my deafblindness. I use ZoomText - Invert mode as keeping backgrounds to black, the use of MS Teams obliges me to switch between normal and Invert mode on ZoomText so too frequent throughout!

Why the accessibility options on MS Teams so limited in comparison with these options on other applications, such as Outlook, Excel, Word etc.

MS Teams is very important tool enabling deafblind users to have the use for any purposes - especially working from home during pandemic journey, however…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add the ability to set notification sounds per app

Given that most smartphones have this ability, being able to change the sounds different app notifications make from the control center would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Big Ergonomic Xbox Controller

Please sell a Xbox controller that's long (lots of space between hands) or split - like big Joycons. My hands are killing me. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Tiling Window Manager, Halmak, and Privacy/Security

I have quite a few ideas. First, and foremost, add a tiling window manager that’s built into Windows, and allow the user to choose between stacking, tiling, and hybrid (similar to BSPWM). Second, I would like to request that the Halmak layout gets added as an alternate layout built into the OS. And finally, I would highly suggest not using any strange back door software, so that users can have more privacy, while also being secure from hackers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add mouse wheel scrolling in Ease of access/mouse with keyboard

Hello Microsoft Accessibility Team,

Please add a mouse wheel scrolling function to Ease of access/Mouse with keyboard tool.
    As there is a tool to move the mouse cursor and click with left/right buttons in Ease of access, but the mouse wheel scrolling function is not availbe yet.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Gabor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a keyboard shortcuts search window to Windows OS, Edge and Office applications as well

Hello Microsoft Accessibility Team,

Please add a keyboard shortcuts search window for Edge, Windows OS and Office applications as well.
    We have same solution in Narrator, Teams and Visual Studio Code applications. This would be a great solution to find the right keyboard shortcut in a minute rather than open the help menu or search the keyboard on the internet.
    This would be very useful normal end users as well to more focus on the keyboard work than using mouse.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Gabor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Outlook app interface update not friendly for people with Dyslexia

The emails used to show in the preview cleaner than they do not.

Before you had the sender's name in bold, below the sender was the subject line, and below that was a preview of the body text, and off to the right was the date. Very clean and easy to navigate through emails.

That all changed last Tuesday.

Now everything is on one line going left to right. You have the sender in bold next to the right is the subject in bold, next to the right is the date and time. Below is the preview of the body…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Speech recognition viewer for live transcription

Create a live transcription viewer using windows speech recognition that works on all video apps

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Speech Recognition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MICROSOFT WANTS ITS USERS TO STOP USING INTERNET EXPLORER AND USE MICROSOFT EDGE INSTEAD. FOR ME I THINK THIS IS A VERY BAD IDEA.

INTERNET EXPLORER IS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER, EASIER & FASTER THAN EDGE. IT ONLY TAKES ONE OR TWO CLICKS TO DO MOST ANYTHING WITH INTERNET EXPLORER.
    SOME OF THE MANY FEATURES NOT AVAILABLE ON EDGE: 1. FAVOURITE BAR ICONS & ADDRESSES IN ONE CLICK. 2. FILE, EDIT, VIEW, TOOLS, HELP, AND ALL THE MANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN EACH OF THESE MENU. 3.PAGE WITH THE OPTIONS TO SEND THE PAGE OR LINK THROUGH OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHICH GIVES EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE RECEIPIENT WHEN THE FIRST LETTER OF THE RECEIPIENT IS TYPED. MICROSOFT HAS MADE EDGE AS A REPLICATION OF GOGGLE CHROME…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Microsoft Edge  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Buenos días " Nuestra mesa de respuesta para discapacitados"

En la ventana de entrada a accesibilidad dice "Nuestra mesa de respuesta para discapacitados" el termino esta incorrecto, lo correcto debería ser Nuestra mesa de respuesta para PERSONAS CON discapaciDAD. Caso contrario invisibiliza a la persona.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I am non-verbal and need text-to-speech in Teams

I have had a bit of an issue adjusting to Teams as I am non-verbal and there is no feature I can find for doing text-to-speech and doing things through speakers doesn't sound through well, so I am kind of stuck apart from just sending writing which people don't really read and it can be a very disheartening and I just want to work out a way to get a bit more involved and a text-to-speech feature would really help with that. It would make me feel a lot more included and make Teams much more accessible for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Skype  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →