Microsoft Accessibility Feedback

Welcome to Microsoft’s Accessibility Feedback forum. We are very interested in learning more about what products, features, and tools will delight our customers. Please share your ideas with us and remember to vote for ideas posted by others that you also think are great.

If you accidentally came here in need of technical support, please reach out to our Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Immersive Reader in PowerPoint

There were a lot of announcements last year about Immersive Reader coming to PowerPoint, tonnes of demo vids etc, but for the life of me I can't find it. Is it still due for release?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bugs With Windows Eye Control

They are some keys on the Windows Eye Control that don't generate the correct scancodes, which don't work with certain applications that expect correct scancodes. For example, pressing F11 on most browsers will bring the browsers fullscreen. F11 key (along with many other keys) are broken. They send the correct virtualkeys but not scancodes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Develop Microsoft OneDrive, OneDrive for business and sharepoint site for Linux

Please develop/release onedrive and sharepoint document sync apps for Linux to work with Linux native file managers. Releasing MS Teams for Linux has given me hopes that we will hopefully see other apps follow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook iOS App undo after swipe actioni steals focus

In Outlook for iOS with VoiceOver enabled. Very recently (this week). When going through one's inbox of messages and flicking up/down then selecting an action (e.g. Read & Archive). The VoiceOver cursor goes back to the next message, but then quickly changes focus to "Undo Archive".

The problem this causes is wasted time when archiving messages to clean up a mailbox

Acceptance:
    - When a user archives or deletes from a swipe action item the VoiceOver cursor should go to the next message so the user can continue to review their mailbox quickly.
    - For undo the user should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Xbox Series X/S - Audio Balance For Hearing Impaired

I am partially deaf in one ear and currently struggling with audio balance on the Xbox Series X and I know many other hearing impaired people are also struggling with the lack of an audio balance slider.

This could easily be solved for the Xbox with the addition of a left/right audio balance slider.

Microsoft has been really great with so many accessibility features but there is pretty much nothing for the hearing impaired.

Many other Microsft devices along with most other platforms already have this feature and surely it can't be that hard to introduce.

As I am partially…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. High Contrast

This page is easier to read than most. Turning on high contrast does not help to darken the print on screen. Web searches show many people have trouble with print on screen that is too light. Many elderly people have trouble. It would be helpful if Microsoft could provide a facility for darkening the print without having to go to Microsoft support. Offering white on black is not a solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide Another Way to Open the Reading Order Pane

The addition of the reading order pane is excellent and including numbers to show the order (as well as listing it from top to bottom) is much easier than using the selection pane. However, it appears as if the only way to open the Reading Order pane is through the accessibility checker. That is not helpful unless something is flagged by the accessibility checker. I copy and pasted a placeholder on to a slide. The placeholder was added to the end of the reading order as is typical. However, it was not flagged by the accessibility checker so I could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PowerPoint - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We had a teams meeting with an accesibility-expert (who is blind). He wanted to share his computer audio while sharing a screen.

We had a teams meeting with an accesibility-expert (who is blind). He wanted to share his computer audio while sharing a screen. He could not find the checkbox for 'sharing computer sound on'. Make sure it is accesible for screen-readers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. how do I print in black with white background when I use grey with white text on my screen?

Using white text on a dark background is very helpful to low vision people - but when I want to print something, I frequently cannot print black text on white background by default - how can I do this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows High Contrast  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook Message List table columns for Screen Reader

Problem Statement: When in a mail folder (e.g. Inbox). In JAWS if I enter table mode (Ins+space, T). I can arrow down through subjects, from or whatever in that column. If however a message has an Attachment and that icon is left of the From column then the screen reader notes the attachment and not the from name (if I were going down that column).

Suggestion would be to make the columns uniform whether an attachment or other icon exists.

Acceptance:
    1. No matter what is on preceding columns if a user is in JAWS table mode from the layered…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Outlook - Office Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outlook Scheduling Assistant Screen Reader Simplification

When scheduling a new invite Outlook has an Auto Pick next option with All Required People as one option. However when scheduling a meeting with numerous Execs and other busy folks sometimes it's impossible to find a slot for weeks.

What I end up doing is moving the time by 30 minute increments days at a time and tab back and forth between Start Date/Time and the availability section. The Availability section does a great job telling me the number of conflicts, who they are and busy, tentative,etc. I'd like to be able to just arrow to the right by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams hotkey for next Unread Chat or Channel

Problem statement: As a user with hundreds if not more unread messages who uses a screen reader I want a quick way to read fast with hotkeys so that I can find what's relevant and respond quickly.

In Slack alt+shift+up/down will take the user to the next channel or DM with unread messages. This is helpful when in an organization where 40+ channels and DMs may be going on per day with hundreds or more actual messages and replies.

In addition if in Teams pressing CTRL+E (search) could suggest recent or relevant chats / channels with unreads in the drop…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams window title

In the Teams title bar. Please change the order of the items so that "Teams" always comes first.

Consider a screen reader user that is trying to find Teams either by Alt+Tab or in JAWS Ins+F10. If they were in a Chat then the name of the person appears first, they may not know exactly who that was or what to listen for.

Acceptance:
    1. Alt+tab through apps should be easier to find Teams by listening for Teams ... instead of ... Teams
    2. WIth JAWS Ins+F10 a users should be able to then just start typing Teams to get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams unread messages

When going to ctrl+2 aka the chat app. It says I have X number of unread messages. Focus goes to Recent Chats with people of which I have 40+ chats. Nowhere can I seem to find which are the unread chats.

Feature Ideas
    * Like in Outlook have a list that can be filtered by unread. There's like two levels I can think of: People with Unreads, Enter into that person and see all unread messages. ANd 2nd a list of all unread messages so that if 1 person had 2+ unreads I could arrow and read them all, pressing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams on a Windows PC with no work account, only personal, doesn’t work with text zoomed in

I wanted to attend a Webinar put on by a disability charity on Microsoft Teams. As someone with a neurological condition I like to use my desktop PC which is hooked up to my big TV, which has the text setting on the largest setting so I can see it from the sofa whilst lying down without making my headaches worse. I go to use the Teams App, but it won’t let me as I only have a hotmail email address account, not a work one as I am unable to work due to disability. So I go to view…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Powerpoint Animations - be able to highlight text in bold as well as colour after a click

I have a colourblind student in my class. I would like to put up an example in black on white, then highlight one line in red and bold so that it stands out

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Captions in MS Teams with option of synchronous inline transcript, Braille user deaf/blind

Captions can be difficult to keep up with. Zoom provides a synchronous inline transcript, that can be used with or instead of the Captions (where captions are provided by a person typing - electronic notetaker - palantypist). For Braille users who are deafblind this transcript is essential. Teams do not appear to have incorporated the option of the synchronous inline transcript view and the Captions are not accessible to Braille devices. Can MS Team meetings be made inclusive for people who are deafblind?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility Webinar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. smartart

I am writing my first presentation using the Check Accessibility function after doing your accessibility training - I am so impressed with it all. However, when checking my reading order and alt text, I have noticed that the text options within SmartArt do not seem to register with the accessibility checker tool. It won't allow me to add alt text to the images, or seem as though the text within the SmartArt is able to be registered by a screen reader. Is there plans to change this function to be more accessible? I love the SmartArt tool, but will need…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Senior profile in Family groups

Hi, I would like to suggest the creation of a new Senior profile in Family groups, for the elderly people in the family.

I've added Granma as a Member to our Family group so that she may use my Office365 Family license, but it doesn't feel right: she is elderly, not a child, and having the possibility to monitor her feels like intruding in her privacy.

Giving her admin rights, on the other hand, could jeopardize the security of our Family group.
    A Senior profile with limited features and no monitoring would be a very useful addition.
    I hope you'll…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base