I suggest you ...

I would like to access eemail, the internet, and other apps and programs without always having to remeber the right keystroke or touch gestu

6 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with your suggestion. Can you provide some more specifics about what you are looking for, such as what Internet browser or application you’re using, gestures, keystrokes you’re using, etc. as well as what you would like simplified?

At Microsoft, we’re always interested and working to improve the user experience of our customers, especially those in the disabled community.

Feel free to respond to this thread, as we are closely monitoring the User Voice forum.

Thank you,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Deborah ArmstrongDeborah Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have noticed that consistency is fading away with keyboard shortcuts. You'll see some other posts here about this as well. But it's more and more difficult to remember whether you use tab, or arrows or alt in combination with arrows, or F6 to navigate new interfaces in Windows 10. Screen reader keystrokes can also be challenging to remember, but Narrator's help is truly great. Because Windows still uses alt and control together with a character keystroke to access a shortcut, Microsoft should try avoiding using alt control with keystrokes to access features in programs. For example alt-Ctrl-N is used to turn on draft view in Word; what was wrong with alt-SHFT or SHFT-CTRL-N?
        Also it's getting a bit deprecated in your knowledge base articles to suggest that if one remembers the keystrokes from Office 2003 they still can be used in office 2016. Let's just clean up the keystrokes, make them consistent across Office 2016 and Windows 10 and publish a thorough and easily accessible list!

• Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with your suggestion. Can you provide some more specifics about what you are looking for, such as what Internet browser or application you're using, gestures, keystrokes you're using, etc. as well as what you would like simplified?

At Microsoft, we're always interested and working to improve the user experience of our customers, especially those in the disabled community.

Feel free to respond to this thread, as we are closely monitoring the User Voice forum.

Thank you,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base