I suggest you ...

Allow "focus follows cursor" setting for the full screen magnifier

The other option is that the magnification field moves continuously with the pointer. This is a great option because it allows me to zoom in on user interface controls, text fields, etc with ease, without having to move the pointer to a screen edge.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us at the Disability Answer Desk.

In answer to your comment, we would like to know what version of Windows you are using. Are you using Windows 10, with the Ease of Access Tools, or are you using another version of Windows with the screen magnifier?

In the meantime, I’ll forward your suggestion on to our product teams, as this would make a great deal of sense for someone who is both visually impaired, but also has motor skill related disabilities.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I got some additional feedback from the engineers who are developing this feature and wanted know if any of this helps in your situation:

So looks like the customer is asking two things:

1. The ability for Magnifier to follow the cursor
        Comments: Magnifier already has this functionality, or are they referencing something different?

2. The ability for Magnifier to move continuously with the pointer
        Comments: We're looking into this being included with a future release and will let you know when that comes available.

Thanks,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk Team.

• Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Sorry it's taken a bit to get back to you. We've had an deluge of forum posts to respond to.

In reference to your question, there is a way to get the full screen magnifier to follow the mouse cursor, and keyboard foci. All you need to do is the following:

1. Open the Windows Magnifier.
        2. Click the Options icon (the little gear to the right in the window).
        3. Under 'Tracking', You'll see "Follow the mouse pointer", "Follow the keyboard focus", and "Have Magnifier follow the text insertion point".
        4. You can click on any of these options to get the magnifier to follow any, a combination of, or all of those options as they're check boxes.

Try that and see if this works for you.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk Team.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for getting back to us on this issue. The information you provided is very helpful to us in helping you and others with this concern. We will forward this to our product development teams so they can integrate this feature.

If you have anything else to bring to our our attention in the future, please feel free to contact us again, and we'll be happy to serve.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base