Allow the surface pro cover to be used flat over the touch screen of the computer to look more like a tablet with a keyboard.
I have a Surface Pro 4 and would love it if I could use the cover flat against the touch screen. I am blind and do not need the screen 95% of the time. This would do several things:
1. It would reduce the size considerably and make the device much more compact
2. It would allow me to use the surface on the move without needing to do anything more than press the unlock button and move the pro onto my lap from my hip. (I would have it in a carrying case that has the front open so I can access the keyboard).
3. It would protect the screen from falling, being stolen, being seen, getting damaged from the elements and getting scratched.
4. It would just about put the Surface in the blindness PDA market. If a cover was developed with a Braille display or Braille keyboard, it would be miles above anything else out in the blindness PDA market. (I would love it if I could get the Schematics for the connectors so I could develop my own cover!)
5. I could just press a button to start and stop books or music while I am walking.
What do I mean about the surface pro covering the screen? Just what it sounds like. Currently the cover attaches so when folded over the keyboard folds in, facing the screen. In this position the keyboard locks. Also, when the keyboard folds back it locks so people can use the device in tablet mode without pressing keys. What I would like is either:
1. the ability to attach the cover backwards and lay it flat against the screen so the keyboard is facing out rather than in, but still be able to use the keyboard. (like closing the cover, but have the keyboard facing out rather than in).
2. Disable the function that locks the keyboard when the keyboard is moved to the back. Rather than putting the pro into tablet mode, I would like to disable the touch screen (not too hard) and use the keyboard with the screen facing my lap.