I suggest you ...

Inconsistent accessibility features in Edge and other MS apps

I was directed to come here by customer support. I had to install Windows 7 on a different hard drive just to post this! I have been a member of the "insider" program since February 14th 2015.
I have a spinal cord injury which renders my hands and arms useless. I have been disabled for 25 years. I worked with Mark Novak, at the University of Wisconsin Weisman Center, on the original Access Pack for MS-DOS and Access Pack for Windows 3.1 which is the forefather of "Ease of Access". I must use a mouthstick or voice recognition to navigate any program in any operating system. I will cut to the chase.
Windows 10 doesn't address many of the features in "ease of access". What is addressed is inconsistent. I have submitted several suggestions as to the better integration of your "ease of access" program within Windows 10 throughout it's implementation. I have placed a copy of this in the insider program, the answer desk and the Windows 10 community. I will now post it here. I usually receive a few to several individual responses with the same problem and one response from a MS rep telling me to run sfc /scannow or some such remedy wasting my time and yours. I know we are a very small portion of the users you are marketing to but we add up and you have totally missed the mark with this OS and it's peripherals in the disability community. I will address just a few of the myriad of problems I am encountering.
The worst is Microsoft prioritizing Windows Edge and then making it useless to basically all "Ease of Access" tools because of the lack of adjustability. It is very disgruntling. This includes no disabling or uninstalling and not allowing many default changes in other listed programs to get around Edge.
Sticky keys used with many keyboard shortcuts are either useless or spotty with all MS programs. i.e. Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, EDGE etc...
Mouse Keys have changed so the pointer top speed is approximately 2/3 the speed in 8.1 and 7. The left single click (5) and double click (+) is picky where it will or won't work in Microsoft Apps.
I have tried 6 different keyboards, including a brand new Microsoft 800 on my Dell Optiplex desktop. I also have a Dell Precision M4800 laptop that I have tried the Microsoft 800 as a remote remote USB keyboard. They both have the same problems and results. Others are having the same or similar problems.
There are many more similar problems that have relegated me to using third party apps that do work with all of the ease of access tools.
Now after the latest update Mouse Keys disables itself after using it on IE 11 and attempting to use it on Edge. I must go to the accessibility app and recheck it. Any online Microsoft logon installs your password at bootup where there was none. Any assistance would be appreciated.

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →