I suggest you ...

Narrator should automatically switch to screen mode and editable mode as appropriate. editable/input is encountered, Narrator switches

Narrator should automatically switch to screen mode and editable mode as appropriate. editable/input is encountered, Narrator switches

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hari Dhoundiyal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Hari Dhoundiyal ,

Thank you for contacting the Disability Answer Desk about your concern with Narrator. Can you give us some more detail as to when it does not alternate in between screen and editing mode? This would help us improve the software to make it user friendly.

Thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Hari,

Thank you for getting back to us on this. I'll forward your issue on to the product owners as this looks to be very valid. We'll keep you up to date on this forum in regards to our progress.

Thank you,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.

The “scan” mode does not automatically switch to the appropriate mode when navigating through pages of web-sites. When Narrator’s cursor focus lands on a text input/editable field, the “scan” mode does not switch off. You could press “CapLock+SpaceBar”, but it’s neither convenience nor efficient. Narrator should offer the same ability as other advanced screen readers--or else, it would not be meaningful and/or productive to use.
        I strongly recommend that the Narrator should apply methods of interacting with web pages in the manner so applied by System Access screen reader (see: www.serotek.com). System Access is the only screen reader that utilizes a synchronous and automatic approach – alleviating the issue of such as “scan” mode. The only way your team will be able to make a sense of it is to run the System Access for a test-drive.

Hari Dhoundiyal

Feedback and Knowledge Base