I suggest you ...

Add Drag-And-Drop to mouse support.

Screen readers such as Window-Eyes have the ability to support Drag-And-Drop as Narrator continues to mature, will you also add this feature?

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joseph LaFauci shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for contacting us at the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.

This is an excellent suggestion that you’ve brought up. We’ll forward your suggestion on to the appropriate product team for review and possible future implementation.

Again, thank yo for your suggestion.

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Joseph,

I got some feedback from one of the developers. Here's what they have to say. If you can provide further information, that would be great in that we can help you further.

1) We do support Drag and Drop via touch in some scenarios.
        This can be demonstrated via the start menu (if we wish to make a video here).
        2) Narrator currently, does not fully support a mouse drag drop replacement.
        It would be good to talk with him about his use cases for a screen reader doing drag drop on his behalf.
        The reason I bring this up is for the fact that it sounds like (if they are Microsoft apps) those apps may not be properly supporting keyboarding.

If you can provide us with additional information based on this response, we would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely, The Microsoft Disability answer Desk team.

• Kathleen Hard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After updated they changed the mouse, it supposed to be one click instead of double clicks also scoll too. After updated I had difficult time to do my mouse every time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base