I suggest you ...

Move focus from the message list to the message body after selecting a message within Outlook for Android

Currently when selecting a message from the Focused Inbox within Outlook for Android version 2.1.116, focus remains on the item in the list when using the app with the BrailleNote Touch. While the Touch does have a touchscreen and supports gestures, the primary navigation paradigm with the Touch is linearly using keyboard commands. When a message is activated from the list, focus should move to the message body. Currently users have to scroll/swipe past all of the messages in the list in order to locate the contents of the message they opened.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you’re having. Can you tell us is if you’ve been able to change the focus to the message body without the BrailleNote Touch?

Thank you for contacting us. We look forward to solving your issues and answering your questions.

Sincerely,

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk team.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Microsoft AccessibilityAdminMicrosoft Accessibility (Team Manager, Microsoft Accessibility) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sam,

I have some questions for you as a follow-up to our conversation of the issue you have submitted. Is this is similar to a user who has an Android tablet with a keyboard, or if the navigation experience it totally different.

Assuming this is similar to navigating with a keyboard, it may not be the right design for most users. For example, say you’re using TalkBack on an Android device, and you select items in the message list – you’re likely expecting to hear the preview of that item read to you, while being able to still arrow down to the next item in the list. Taking focus out of the list could make it harder to go through multiple emails.

I’m not sure if there’s already a keyboard shortcut that would apply here for getting from the message list to the reading pane, which would alleviate this user’s frustration.

We'll investigate this more in the coming new year and keep you up to date as far as what's developing.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

The Microsoft Disability Answer Desk Team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base